This might be an ignorant question but please bear with me @_@;;

I was looking at the videos from devcon americas introducing HTML5, web technologies along with other things such as Cascades like the photo gallery and the contacts grapher. There's a few other ones that was a weather app and other 3D effects. (not sure if it was the same type of thing).

I see on youtube that many of these videos are uploaded earlier this year.
    WHERE ARE THESE FEATURES? Are they coming out on os2??

blackberry cascade demo photo gallery and contacts grapher - YouTube

BlackBerry PlayBook TAT Cascades User Interface Engine and Native SDK on Video! - BerryReview
    12-08-11 02:23 AM
    All of these examples demonstrate capabilities that are either already available to developers or soon will be. Native apps using Cascades will appear when OS2 is released but advanced HTML5 effects can be achieved right now. The TAT demos may never be released - they were never intended to be used by the public and would need a lot of work to make them production-ready. The code could be used as a starting point for a fully functional apps, but that is about the extent of it.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-08-11 06:33 AM
    WHERE ARE THESE FEATURES?

[10 characters]
    peter9477 and kbz1960 like this.
    12-08-11 07:15 AM
    Supplementing BuzzStarField's good answer, I'll note that at DevCon we were given the expectation that we (developers) would see a beta release of the Cascades framework by the end of this year. I'm not sure how well they'll meet that target but I have reason to believe it's close.

For all those who keep demanding Lots! More! Apps! (and rightly so) I think it will be only once that's available that you'll really start to see the third party stuff we need and want finally coming down the pipe. The NDK in its current form is suitable primarily for games and similar apps which completely roll their own UI. With Cascades, native app devs will finally be around the point the WebWorks and AIR guys have been in the UI area, or well past.
    Lhendr and kbz1960 like this.
    12-08-11 10:02 AM
    all of those videos make playbook so promising since they've already shown it to be working on the playbook. At least finish it up! I think the people are really desiring for these awesome features
    12-08-11 11:20 AM
    all of those videos make playbook so promising since they've already shown it to be working on the playbook. At least finish it up! I think the people are really desiring for these awesome features
    Support for Cascades will be in 2.0. The Cascades beta sdk was supposed to be available by DevCon Asia, but in typical RIM fashion, it's late. Hopefully they get the tools out soon so that the dev's can actually try them out themselves.
    12-08-11 11:43 AM
    wait, so no one tried out cascades yet? from the devcon video, I assumed developers have their hands on it already.
    12-08-11 09:32 PM
    cfx_will, that's correct. Aside from possibly a closed beta (of which I've heard nothing), the only people who've used it are internal and, possibly, select partners. Nobody else has seen more than the slides and canned demos.
    12-10-11 02:13 AM
    there are so many promising things for this platform, too bad there's so much wait haha...
    12-10-11 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD