These guys are playing together through multiplayer...me want, me want!!!
    05-12-11 01:22 AM
    It can NEVER be productized because ONLY the game engine is open source --- the content, the art work, the soung effects, the music... are closed source.
    05-12-11 01:31 AM
    Well if id ( i think thats the developer of quake) wanted, they could get this game together, and sell it for $10 - 15. It just has to be a few multiplayer maps, maybe even sell a few more maps later on.
    05-12-11 07:41 AM
    we need just the process to install it on our playbook^^
    05-12-11 08:21 AM
    Many of us already own the game. We have a license to the content. I know i do..

So we just need a package to install. i wish they'd let us give it a try!
    05-12-11 08:28 AM
    It is just a technology demo to bring more game developers to the platform.

Instead of spending another week talking to in-house counsel on licensing issues and polishing the game to a "presentable" state --- their time will be better spent on more important things, like talking to 3rd party game developers.
    05-12-11 01:06 PM
    Many of us already own the game. We have a license to the content. I know i do..

So we just need a package to install. i wish they'd let us give it a try!
    I highly doubt that license covers cross platforms. Heck, a lot of games only allow a limited number of installs on the SAME platform. Not trying to be rude, but good luck telling a company you want a free license because you bought this game on your Xbox 360/PS3/PC/Wii.
    05-12-11 01:13 PM
    I wouldn't want to play a FPS on a touchscreen only device, no matter how it runs...
    05-12-11 01:43 PM
    RIM just said they are looking at bringing it to appworld, fingers crossed
    05-12-11 02:43 PM
    RIM just said they are looking at bringing it to appworld, fingers crossed
    Additionally they said that are considering using it as a dev example for porting software to the platform.
    05-12-11 03:17 PM
    You no longer need a license to use Quake III Arena, so that is not the issue. The source code was made available and is free to use, which is why RIM did it. Cost or licensing is not a factor in it's release.

I'm thinking that they probably only have a level or two complete - did you ever notice how they showed the same thing over and over again? As ID would say, RIM will release it 'When it's done.'
    05-12-11 09:37 PM
    Of course you need the license --- that's why all the unofficial versions all require jailbroken devices.
    05-12-11 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD