So all this exciting news about bridge and tether, all the demos that show it working. Great but where do I get the apps for my torch so it'll work on my playbook (when i get it next week of course). Ive searched app world and do not see the apps anywhere! In order for any of this to work we have to have the app on our phone!
    04-14-11 09:30 AM
    I would guess the apps will be released to the general public on the 18th or 19th.
    04-14-11 09:56 AM
    I got a playbook tonight...and still no blackberry bridge. this stinks.
    04-15-11 12:20 AM
    Should be out on release
    04-15-11 12:23 AM
    There should be a barcode on the Playbook that you need to scan.

Whether that is where you have been looking or not I am not sure. That is just what I have been told.
    04-15-11 07:46 AM
    Yeah, barcode looks for program "unknown" and link it shows on screen doesn't go anywhere. So for the moment, no bridge capabilities...
    04-15-11 10:06 AM
    I'm confused again with some of the reviews. I think I saw that they said if you own a blackberry phone you could use the internet without paying for a tethering plan? Is this true?
    04-15-11 10:09 AM
    Yeah, barcode looks for program "unknown" and link it shows on screen doesn't go anywhere. So for the moment, no bridge capabilities...
    Wow that stinks. Even if it doesn't work they should at least let you configure it.

Kind of like configuring Outlook without an internet connection.

Just get the setup process out of the way at least.
    04-15-11 12:57 PM
    this just popped up....still cannot download though
    04-15-11 02:37 PM
    I'm confused again with some of the reviews. I think I saw that they said if you own a blackberry phone you could use the internet without paying for a tethering plan? Is this true?
    Depends on with review you read Anandtech they seems to have got it to work but Engadget showed the browser just shutting down after launch. Also, Anandtech implied that the bridge browser is your phone browser and every RIM interview have seen they repeatally say free browsing. So to make a long story short we will know more after the release but I'm leaning towards the bridge browser being your phone browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-11 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD