Thought we were getting access to droid apps? Doesn't look like the app world has anything different... Correct me if I am wrong
    02-21-12 06:57 PM
    Thought we were getting access to droid apps? Doesn't look like the app world has anything different... Correct me if I am wrong
    They are there, just not labled as "HEY THIS IS AN ANDROID ONE!"

Keep in mind, RIM signed up 6,000 new developers as part of their free playbook promotion, but most of those new devs are recent sign ups, so I'm betting there's ALOT of android apps on the way, but will get here once those individual developers submit them.

If you want a good free android app to download and try, look for the Dolphin Browser. It's android and you'll see that it looks a tad bit different than native apps when you run it.
    02-21-12 07:00 PM
    They had such an overwhelming response that apps approval is currently backlogged in spite of RIM staff working as hard as the can to get them approved. And as Xavier85 says, their won't be anything in App World that designates them as Android apps. If you are looking for something specific, then try the search if you know the name of the app which won't have changed.

For example if you did a search on Handster, you will find hundreds of Android apps, not that a lot of them are great, but they are an Android app publisher. There are many more to come, Android and native apps.
    Xavier85 likes this.
    02-21-12 07:08 PM
    there are a gazillion posts on this topic, already
    02-21-12 07:11 PM
    You can also try searching "Android" too
    02-21-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD