I bought a playbook 2 days ago and was hoping to be able to play scrabble or at least do a crossword puzzle on it, no dice. Are mainstream developers creating apps for the playbook? Don't get me wrong, i like the playbook better than ipad, but I don't know if I made a mistake buying it.
    04-28-11 09:57 AM
    Patience is a virtue they say. But they may not have PB...
    04-28-11 10:00 AM
    I bought a playbook 2 days ago and was hoping to be able to play scrabble or at least do a crossword puzzle on it, no dice. Are mainstream developers creating apps for the playbook? Don't get me wrong, i like the playbook better than ipad, but I don't know if I made a mistake buying it.
    have you heard of that thing those kids talk about that damn 'inneret'

What is the internet:
    04-28-11 11:12 AM
    As a developer, I'll point out one major problem for why there aren't many apps yet: we're just starting to get our free PlayBooks. I've gotten the impression that most of the other developers who made apps for the free PB offer have opted not to post their apps for sale until they've had a chance to test them on an actual device. That should start changing even within the next week as we get our devices and get some proper testing (mine is coming tomorrow). It also should change as we get more development kits, especially the Native Development Kit coming some time this summer which will give us the best apps.
    04-28-11 08:00 PM
    As a developer, I'll point out one major problem for why there aren't many apps yet: we're just starting to get our free PlayBooks. I've gotten the impression that most of the other developers who made apps for the free PB offer have opted not to post their apps for sale until they've had a chance to test them on an actual device. That should start changing even within the next week as we get our devices and get some proper testing (mine is coming tomorrow). It also should change as we get more development kits, especially the Native Development Kit coming some time this summer which will give us the best apps.
    And to you and all the other PlayBook dev's out there I thank you and I cannot wait to see what this thing can do once your efforts appear in AppWorld!

Bring on the apps!
    04-28-11 08:11 PM
    BB has been approving more and more each day. I think they have a back log, with all of the negative apple fan boy reviews it may take a quarter for the statistics to show it is not going to be a failed platform. Have faith, it will only get better from here on out!
    04-28-11 08:15 PM
    have you heard of that thing those kids talk about that damn 'inneret'

What is the internet:
    LMFAO!!!!! I almost broke a rib after reading that....good one

@spaceheater! It wasn't comedy at your expense...hope you get you scrabble and crossword apps!
    04-28-11 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD