I thought they RIM will incorporate an Android app player?
    02-21-12 02:04 PM
    Please do a search on the forums- there are at least 10 threads asking the same question.

The android player is integrated into the OS, you will find some apps in the app world (from Android) you can run, if you want more you will need to side load them.
    -
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 02:06 PM
    I had the same question but I think it is built in to the OS and something you cannot install/delete or open. I downloaded what I think is an Android game it I think it opened the app
    02-21-12 02:07 PM
    There is no android app player application to launch via a icon. The android player is imbedded into the playbook OS so it's seamless. You download whatever app you want, be it blackberry native or android via app world and when you launch it the playbook OS will load it whichever way is needed. Via native OS for native apps, or via android vm for android apps. The android launcher that we've all seen in the beta releases was there because this seamless integration of android wasn't complete yet. So sit back, enjoy the ease of running multi-platform apps, and breathe a little, it's finally here.
    paulnsam39, anindoc and BrizzadMan like this.
    02-21-12 02:07 PM
    Its already included. Its not an individual app which you can see. However, it runs other android apps (e.g. Saavn is one of ported app I've used) .
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-21-12 02:08 PM
    i've sideloaded 3 android apps and nothing happens when i click the icons. what am i not doing? i even downloaded taptu and dolphin browser from app world and they wont open either.
    02-22-12 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD