I cannot justify buying a PlayBook until there is native e-mail and PIM equivalent or better than the BlackBerry. When will these features become available for the PlayBook? Why is RIM shooting themselves in the foot by failing to make these features a priority?
    09-24-11 10:35 AM
    RIM will release native email and PIM when you learn to use the search function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bigbamboo likes this.
    09-24-11 12:26 PM
    Inasmuch as you are an expert of the "search" feature, would it be possible to please post a link?

09-24-11 12:50 PM
    I cannot justify buying a PlayBook until there is native e-mail and PIM equivalent or better than the BlackBerry. When will these features become available for the PlayBook? Why is RIM shooting themselves in the foot by failing to make these features a priority?
    Just out of curiosity, what tablet out there now contains a PIM equivalent or better than the Blackberry?
    09-24-11 01:02 PM
    Inasmuch as you are an expert of the "search" feature, would it be possible to please post a link?

Sure. Here is a link to help you find what you are looking for. I've attached an image (thumbnail below) to help to avoid any confusion.
    09-24-11 01:12 PM
    Rather than send you on a needless search - no one knows. The rim ceo's speculated that after Devcon which is sometime in October but left it quite vague.
    09-24-11 01:45 PM
    Hopefully when it's ready.

I understand the the feeling though as I never cared about the pim etc. before I bought. I always said I was waiting for spell check and better functionality.

Well Staples had the $100 off any tab (the first one they did) and I said the heck with it and got one and having a bb I can't say I made a mistake at all. I've said it before a few tweaks here and there and an IM app that can do yahoo messenger and I'm set.

Now if I didn't own a bb I could see some people waiting for pim email etc. but if I myself didn't own a bb and had one I can't say that I would use it as my phone is always with me for that anyway.
    09-24-11 02:53 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what tablet out there now contains a PIM equivalent or better than the Blackberry?
    all of the tablets are better at this point since the current blackberry tablet doesnt even have a native one.....
    09-24-11 07:34 PM
    all of the tablets are better at this point since the current blackberry tablet doesnt even have a native one.....
    Isn't what he was asking. He was asking what tablet has a better pim then a blackberry phone, I think.
    09-24-11 07:37 PM
    not sure why we would compare the tablets to the phones PIM setup but if we want to there are many ways that other platforms outperform blackberry phones PIM capabilities. There are also things that BB phones do better. It goes both ways depending on your needs.
    09-24-11 08:20 PM
    Rim told me that it will be release on the last full moon of the year.
    09-24-11 08:26 PM
    Starting to think it won't be in our lifetime, LOL.

Perhaps your grandchildren can enjoy that functionality.
    09-25-11 10:46 AM
    Thank you all very much for the input -- greatly appreciated.
    09-29-11 10:31 AM
    some folks go that extra mile to be helpful....................

RIM will release native email and PIM when you learn to use the search function.

09-29-11 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD