I have always use Hahlo.com for twitter in the PlayBook browser because it was way better for playbook use. Today I tried mobile.twitter.com and it is now a really awesome web app. Someone should make a launcher for it.
    Technerd.McLeod and jfs101 like this.
    08-24-11 08:06 PM
    It's been improved since Twitter updated their mobile site a week- 2 weeks ago.. there's a launcher already in appworld for $0.99
    new-app-full-twitter-experience-642166/
    EDIT: sorry that I didnt realise the launcher is using desktop/ full version of the site.. pardon my ignorance
    Last edited by sssutanto; 08-25-11 at 01:22 AM.
    08-24-11 09:13 PM
    Love the new Twitter
    08-24-11 09:16 PM
    OMG the site is SWEET!!!
    08-25-11 12:28 AM
    try virtual contacts, If free multiple twitter account for playbook..
    08-25-11 12:53 AM
    It's been improved since Twitter updated their mobile site a week- 2 weeks ago.. there's a launcher already in appworld for $0.99
    new-app-full-twitter-experience-642166/
    Lol. Why would anyone want to pay for a launcher?
    08-25-11 01:18 AM
    you will surprise that there will always someone that is willing to pay. probably because it is running in their own window..
    08-25-11 01:26 AM
    Yeah, for tablet use, I'd say the mobile version beats the original. Bigger links to click, more fluid to use, touch-friendly UI, all with the nice two column look of the original site. I'll be sticking with this for now.
    08-25-11 02:09 AM
    Hey guys, I just updated my twitter app to run both the full and mobile versions with an option in the beginning. The update should roll out tomorrow morning.

And it is worth paying for because it will keep twitter handy as its own app open without using the browser and its annoyances

Here it is, but as of now it only supports the desktop site:
    Buy Launcher for Twitter - Download Launcher for Twitter - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

A temporary fix is to open my app and click mobile on the bottom if you would like the mobile version to run before the update.
    Last edited by unome1233; 08-25-11 at 02:43 AM.
    08-25-11 02:31 AM
    I fail to see the reason to pay.

It just mean I use the shortcut now which RIM provided with the PlayBook.
    Does the same job.
    08-25-11 09:34 AM
    Wow.. Never even noticed that. Whenever I went to the site it took me right to the full site. I love the mobile view of the site now.

Does the same job.
    And it is worth paying for because it will keep twitter handy as its own app open without using the browser and its annoyances.
    That's a better job then RIM has provided seeing as you can't multitask in the browser yet.
    Last edited by TechNerd.McLeod; 08-25-11 at 11:52 AM.
    08-25-11 10:16 AM
    WOW. This is amazing. i couldn't ask for anything better! truly pleased!
    08-25-11 11:19 AM
    The launcher is worthwhile because you are able to run it as a separate app and multitask with your other open apps on the playbook instead of having to go from tab to tab. If RIM had the browser work like WebOS where each tab you open runs like an app that you can multitask to, then there would be no use for the launcher.

I think making a launcher is easy to do based on a video that I watched, but I can find $0.99 in my dryer.
    unome12333 likes this.
    08-25-11 11:55 AM

Does the same job.
    Free would be nice, but I think it's well worth $1. I can think of worse ways to spend $1, a pack of gum, a cup of coffee. Considering I use my PlayBook daily, I'm happy to pay $1 to enhance the multitasking experience.

Truth be told, RIM should allow web apps to launch in a separate browser, but since they have not, this is a good alternative.
    08-25-11 01:07 PM
    I grudgingly typed in the URL, and I'm actually very impressed. If not for the total absence of lists I'd say no more app development on the PlayBook is needed at all.

Also, I think I'll take an hour this weekend and put together a free launcher for mobile.twitter.com as an app. So stay tuned for that.
    08-25-11 05:21 PM
    I had switched to the desktop site, the previous mobile one was horrible... Now it feels more like an app than a website. Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't even considered coming back to mobile had it not been for this post.
    08-25-11 07:56 PM
    the updated twitter mobile is almost as good as having a native twitter app. I also have bought the loader app which is also great to keep twitter open in a separate window. just waiting for the promised upate by the developer of the launcher to be able to choose the mobile twitter site upon launch.
    unome12333 likes this.
    08-25-11 11:20 PM
    Current app is updated to launch both sites. Enjoy
    08-26-11 12:47 AM
    update works great to choose between tablet or desktop. However with the tablet choice external links are not working. Is this a problem?
    08-26-11 06:14 AM
    I believe it is due to the way the mobile site is programmed, I am looking into it to see if there is anything I can do. Please rate it
    08-26-11 10:17 AM
    External links work when the mobile version is launched in the browser. I think it would be twitter launcher.
    08-26-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD