So I don't have a ton of time right now but soon I will and I'm just starting this thread to figure out what people still have some need for interns of apps. Organizational apps? Music Player app? Overall media app? Just note I won't do a pdf app because I have looked into it and it's either expensive for licensing, very difficult, or illegal because of the gpl. GPS apps I prefer to not do because of problems with dealing with projections however I will still take suggestions. Lastly what do you prefer. Pretty ui with animations or simple quick ui. Add anything else on your mind.

Ooh also if you could add how much an app with whatever features you come up with is worth to you if it works WELL.
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 04-19-12 at 10:22 PM.
    04-19-12 10:19 PM
    take a look at my blog, www.herdyclan.co.uk there is a blog post called my top playbook apps there.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 02:40 AM
    Media Player. A native port of VLC or MPLayer would be nice.
    04-20-12 09:08 AM
    Media Player. A native port of VLC or MPLayer would be nice.
    Try LAN File Explorer - I can stream movies of my laptop with this app.
    04-20-12 09:20 AM
    Try LAN File Explorer - I can stream movies of my laptop with this app.
    I guess that could work for some of it. Of course I have a PlayBook instead of an iPad because it's portable, instead of something that just sits around the apartment, so it's barely a solution.
    04-20-12 10:30 AM
    So I don't have a ton of time right now but soon I will and I'm just starting this thread to figure out what people still have some need for interns of apps. Organizational apps? Music Player app? Overall media app? Just note I won't do a pdf app because I have looked into it and it's either expensive for licensing, very difficult, or illegal because of the gpl. GPS apps I prefer to not do because of problems with dealing with projections however I will still take suggestions. Lastly what do you prefer. Pretty ui with animations or simple quick ui. Add anything else on your mind.

Ooh also if you could add how much an app with whatever features you come up with is worth to you if it works WELL.
    HUGE missing gap we're having right now is an app like android's Mobo Player. We currently don't have a video player that will play videos containing codecs not supported by the stock video player that comes pre-installed.

PS: If you by chance happen to know how I could workaround the complexities that prevent the normal way of converting apk from working on gameloft games, I'd include you in my prayers. I already own the android games, but I want to play them on my PB. PM me if you do please
    04-20-12 10:32 AM
    podcast aggregator. Please.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    04-20-12 10:36 AM
    @offtopic:
    HUGE missing gap we're having right now is an app like android's Mobo Player. We currently don't have a video player that will play videos containing codecs not supported by the stock video player that comes pre-installed
    This thread is an excellent native app for playing videos outside of the normal set of codecs. If anything, we should support this developer as he does seem to be activly developing and trying to update this app.

It would be nice though if there was a free version of this kind of stuff. I'm still relatively new to developing and not trying to undertake big projects so far.

@ontopic:
    Good question. I've not really gotten in the need of an app really; I've been messing around myself with my soundboard project for funz and want to undertake something serious after i've uploaded that to the market.
    Last edited by EpicSoftworks; 04-20-12 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Adding to the reply.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    04-20-12 11:42 AM
    HUGE missing gap we're having right now is an app like android's Mobo Player. We currently don't have a video player that will play videos containing codecs not supported by the stock video player that comes pre-installed.

PS: If you by chance happen to know how I could workaround the complexities that prevent the normal way of converting apk from working on gameloft games, I'd include you in my prayers. I already own the android games, but I want to play them on my PB. PM me if you do please
    Unfortunately I have to let you know that gameloft games likely use native code and are not possible to play through android player. Sorry.

If you have an idea for a not overly complex game ever I would like to hear it and there may be something in it for you :P this goes for anyone.

Just wish I wasn't art challenged....

@EpicSoftworks
    Great find and I agree that developer looks like they are commuted to making a decent app. Ahhh if you are interested in undertaking something larger jointly just pm me anytime. At the moment I'm about to jump into opengl since cascades is nowhere to be seen but I also have yet to get a position timer working without it throwing a sigsev error....

@Elbo
    Please elaborate

I will look into an otherwise playbook non streaming way of playing many videos but it may not be something I can do.

Aaaaaaand surprisingly this is too complex for me to undertake by myself. I may however be able to offer you a media app with smooth scrolling. AKA a nice music app :P
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 04-21-12 at 12:23 AM.
    04-20-12 11:40 PM
    @offtopic:

This thread is an excellent native app for playing videos outside of the normal set of codecs. If anything, we should support this developer as he does seem to be activly developing and trying to update this app.

It would be nice though if there was a free version of this kind of stuff. I'm still relatively new to developing and not trying to undertake big projects so far.

@ontopic:
    Good question. I've not really gotten in the need of an app really; I've been messing around myself with my soundboard project for funz and want to undertake something serious after i've uploaded that to the market.
    That's app doesn't appear to be applicable to my request, I need a player for movies using unsupported codecs on the PB itself, that app is a streamer for PC hard drive files. Even if it transcodes them and then stores a transcoded copy on my PB, I already have a multitude of programs that already do that.
    04-21-12 10:44 PM
    I would love go make a video player but to be honest I have neither the time nor experience for it. I wish I could since I know there is money to be made from that and not just a tiny bit.
    04-22-12 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD