When I find a file for the playbook, I am redirected to App World which is fine except I get the message "not compatible. ". Excuse me? I just got my playbook 3 weeks ago thus hardware is new and is updated to 2.0... So how compatible can I be? I've used App World for my Curve so wondering if I can go into something to check if it is comparing file to right device. I've looked and can't figure out how to make sure. Can someone answer this? Thanks in advance...

Spotkittycat
    03-08-12 10:43 PM
    Why call it Apple World is what I'm more concerned with.

Also never had that problem.
    mem0ryburn likes this.
    03-08-12 11:08 PM
    Auto correction.
    03-08-12 11:27 PM
    Auto correction.
    Exactly...
    That being said, please tell us what app you were trying to download. It would help. Not all apps are available to all countries. Are you using a VPN service?
    03-08-12 11:32 PM
    Why call it Apple World is what I'm more concerned with.

Also never had that problem.
    i've seen this a few times on here and keep thinking people are failing miserably at being clever. i've written off so many people on here in the back of my mind for this lol
    03-08-12 11:42 PM
    Probably not playbook compatible apps. If you are not sure you could always search for the apps in app world on the playbook directly.
    03-08-12 11:44 PM
    I got that too just this evening when I clicked the link in the review of Picshop. It's happened to me a few times, but only when I have clicked on links here on the home page. If I type it in appworld search it comes up fine.

By the way, Picshop is a great little app.
    03-08-12 11:59 PM
    Appworld will list all apps for phone and pb.

If you goto a link, it could be a link for a bb phone app instead of the playbook.

Essentially pb apps don't work on phones and vice versa.
    03-09-12 12:15 AM
    Seen this also...when scanning the qr code or using graphics a malformed link. Fix is searching and downloading directly from app world..
    03-09-12 02:35 AM
    Yeah "Appworld" has been acting up lately but tends to work towards the end of the day and my auto correct has Appworld in it, just saying....
    03-09-12 03:07 AM
    I deal with this often, but the answer is my location.

Being deployed and the commercial internet provider backend being based out of Germany, have not allowed for all availablity of App World applications.

My solution has been utilizing a http proxy in order to view content and purchase applications. I have done exactly what you have said. I would see something either through google or some other means and when I click the link it launches App World and I get the nice message that it is not available for my profile.

Even though my PlayBook to setup as if in the USA, there are still issues with seeing all content.

The BlackBerry support forums have several threads about this:
    This application is not available on your device..... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums is an example.

Additionally, here is the link I used to school myself up on proxy usage for PlayBook:
    http://http://goodereader.com/blog/t...eos-and-music/
    03-09-12 05:29 AM
    I appreciate your help and let me say God Bless You
    03-09-12 10:04 AM
    Open Appworld, bring up keyboard by swiping from left corner bezel, type rst, close everything, finally reopen and try download again.

I had the same problem with a bunch of apps and this did the trick.
    03-09-12 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD