I don't know what's so great about netflix..
    First of all, i live in romania but i visited my sister in uk during the easter holiday..Seeing how netflix is available in uk i created a trial account...The movie selection was quite poor..couldn't find any of the movies i wanted to watch there(sherlock holmes( + game of shadows), iron man 1+2,the social network, fight club, se7en, zodiac) so it's really not worth the money IMO...Amazon instant video (only available in us i guess..correct me if im wrong) has all those movies and it works on the playbook ( been confirmed several times)..So what's so great about netflix?
    JakePNEFC likes this.
    05-24-12 10:01 AM
    Well said.... never understood the draw... except you get a flat rate for the serviece....
    05-24-12 10:07 AM
    NetFlix sucks, just as much as Skype does, and I DO use Skype to talk with my girlfriend. But, as a lot of people have stated, those apps should (must?) come to the PlayBook in order to shut the out of people complaining about the lack of them.

The PlayBook needs all this "major" apps regardless if they worth it or not
    05-24-12 10:13 AM
    netflix selection sucks... when I did my trial... no newer movies were available to stream, only on disc
    05-24-12 10:15 AM
    Netflix is great for me. I will watch the occasional movie when a good one comes out but most notably use it to watch TV shows. If I were to go out an buy the seasons for all the TV shows i watch it would easily be $1000 and up. Instead I can pay 8 bucks a month. Being able to watch a 20 minute episode while waiting in an airport would be a feature EVERYONE would watch. It is fact that over 50% of minutes watched on netflix is for their TV shows and not their movies (sorry i don't have a link to back it up).
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    05-24-12 10:18 AM
    collapsed, Dim-Ize and 416to604 like this.
    05-24-12 10:21 AM
    At first I thought the UK selection sucked..Then I googled and I found out that it's pretty much the same...Guess Lovefilm works better overall
    05-24-12 10:33 AM
    I've been a Netflix subscriber before they even had streaming available. As a result, it is something I've used a long time.

I actually like watching TV shows better than movies. This is mainly for shows that are not available on TV here. For instance, I've watched the entire "The IT Crowd" series. I would have a difficult, if not impossible time, trying to find a UK TV series on US TV.

That's the appeal of Netflix for me. Of course, that particular show is also available on iTunes, but I do not use iTunes on my PC and do not own any iOS devices.
    05-24-12 10:36 AM
    GANT - Great, another Netflix thread.

I'm sorry. You are entitled to start another one. But, may I ask that you consider joining an existing one next time?

There are, at present, 113 existing Netlix threads in the PlayBook Tablet Forums. That's only counting threads where Netflix is in the title.
    Last edited by Dim-Ize; 05-24-12 at 11:48 AM.
    05-24-12 11:34 AM
    Netflix is great for me. I will watch the occasional movie when a good one comes out but most notably use it to watch TV shows. If I were to go out an buy the seasons for all the TV shows i watch it would easily be $1000 and up. Instead I can pay 8 bucks a month. Being able to watch a 20 minute episode while waiting in an airport would be a feature EVERYONE would watch. It is fact that over 50% of minutes watched on netflix is for their TV shows and not their movies (sorry i don't have a link to back it up).
    why do you pay for something which are available for free on abc.com, cbs.com, fox.com and comcast host few of them on their site if you are their customer.

if you are in to occasional viewing I would rather recommend you to try out Blackberry Movie Store, I often buy movies for viewing, costs anywhere between $2.99 to $3.99 for new titles, gets downloaded to playbook and is available for offline viewing for a 30 day period - no stutters, no slow wifi public networks.

or another good and genuine site to rent movies is mSpot Mobile Movies - stream and watch movies instantly on your PC and phone, they work flawlessly on playbook.
    05-24-12 02:15 PM
    Xbox 360 plain and simple. The netflix app is great on that system. I dont have to deal with adds on ABC(and frankly dont watch any of their shows besides modern family) full comedy central, full amc (breaking bad best show on TV), many premium channel shows. If Netflix really had no use like you are suggesting it would not be alive. I am a Blackberry fan in and out but to say Netflix isn't that useful is just stupid.

I want Netflix so I can complement my usage of the app on my Xbox 360 and Notebook. I use HboGo on my playbook and its great. Just another feature why I love the Playbook. The times that I am on a train and could bridge online access get on Netflix or on a long road trip would be very nice.
    Last edited by geigerat; 05-24-12 at 02:51 PM.
    05-24-12 02:46 PM
    In one word OP, nothing!
    05-24-12 02:50 PM
    No need to worry RIM, user 'collapsed' has decided, on behalf of all Playbook users everywhere, that Netflix isn't needed.
    05-24-12 02:55 PM
    I love netflix. I use it on my TV and phones. It's great to discover a TV series you like and be able to watch it when you want. The kids like it they can watch cartoons and stuff. It's not perfect but it's a well worth $8 bucks a month. It would be great if it was available for the playbook.

There is a free trial so give it a try. If you want the latest releases pay a few dollars more and get them shipped to you.

Netflix keeps me from being a pirate
    geigerat likes this.
    05-24-12 04:14 PM
    Not much really.. its just something for media and analysts to stick their finger in.
    05-24-12 06:03 PM
    GANT - Great, another Netflix thread.

I'm sorry. You are entitled to start another one. But, may I ask that you consider joining an existing one next time?

There are, at present, 113 existing Netlix threads in the PlayBook Tablet Forums. That's only counting threads where Netflix is in the title.
    Nice fact we give this much thought to a silly broke company. I like watching movies on television and like most people have a cable or satellite movies streaming into their house. Watch movies there.
    05-24-12 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD