So I have found myself really enjoying Need for Speed, and thinking WOW the playbook has me wanting to game again.

I find myself thinking I would love to play a few more racing games, and E/A did such a good job I want them to make more,

I'm trying to think of what other games I might want from E/A, what would you like to play??
    05-18-11 07:41 PM
    Frostbite 2 engine port then Battlefield 3!

Or maybe a CryEngine 3 port then Crysis...
    05-18-11 07:42 PM
    Mass Effect for PlayBook. Please.
    05-18-11 08:02 PM

Battlefield 3, I can't even imagine how sick that'd be. I could have misread wrong but the other day i'm pretty sure I saw something about madden being worked on for the playbook.

I've always been a huge fan of EA Games, I do have faith in them we will see some nice material from them in the future, without a doubt!!
    05-18-11 08:06 PM
    Madden Football
    05-18-11 08:58 PM
    Mass Effect for PlayBook. Please.
    Mass Effect is huuuuuuuge, as awesome as it would be to have it everywhere i go, i think you need a high end pc for that.
    05-19-11 03:37 AM
    bfv lol ohhh my that would be funny, crashing in the temple. kids on it saying "how i fly?", boy best two weeks of my life. but what would be nice is noticing someone else playing, going upto them finding out who they are and PUNCHING THEM IN THE FACE. then yelling "scrubs dont fly helicopters!". ohh boy that would be fun.
    in my opinion rim should have paired with someone better then ea, rockstar comes to mind. just think of all the awsome advertising a version of gta for playbook would get :O. Even bethesda would be better with a fallout version (seems new vegas doesn't crash at all unlike 3).
    btw i beat need for speed completely, main story, drift challenge, and got the lack luster pagoni zonda. wish they gave us a atom or buoygotti(sp?) veyron, even a gumbert would have been more enjoyable to drive in the game then the zonda. i don't like porsche because they are over glorified voltswagons ;P but the zonda made me like driving the 911 gt2.
    actually thinking about it the best absolute BEST developer for room to hook up with is the mighty ice demon, BLiZZARD entertainment. world of warcraft made blizzard all powerful, now im not saying put wow on there because i just broke the grip it had on my soul for 6 years. im saying put starcraft on this with blizzard id integration and online play, take those 250,000 playbooks sold and multiply it by 50. between the americans and koreans (not being rascist but they love starcraft and warcraft) who play starcraft you would see a massive influx to get one. they will actually leave their respect houses.
    i on the other hand have abandoned my wow account and just about everything gaming.
    05-19-11 06:31 AM

I haven't played Battlefield since the first!

I could really enjoy flying a plane with the playbook!

How much would people PAY for said games?

if they gave me like a Modern version of EXCITE BIKE with a POV camera I'd pay $30 to install it!
    05-19-11 08:58 AM
    For a quality game like NFS I'd pay $20 or $30 I think. For some of the others, that are good games (paper airplane for example) but not with the same graphics etc. I would still pay $5 (maybe as much as $10) depending on whether it's a game that would remain "playable" i.e. doesn't get boring after a while.
    05-19-11 09:24 AM

This would all be great, but my guess for what's actually next from EA will likely be an EA Sports title. The newest Tiger Woods on the iPad has a pretty decent look and unique control scheme designed for touch. It seems like it would be a pretty simple port and releasing it during the summer would be appropriate for the actual PGA Tour season.

If they make no releases until after the summer though, Madden seems likely too. There is no "safer bet" in all of gaming than the Madden franchise, and with a new platform, publishers will always go safe first.
    05-19-11 09:35 AM
    How much would people PAY for said games?

if they gave me like a Modern version of EXCITE BIKE with a POV camera I'd pay $30 to install it!
    It would have to be a mind-blowing experience for me to pay $30 for a downloadable game on a mobile platform (not saying it couldn't happen, just that it would have to be remarkable).

I'd say I'd go to $15 based on what I've purchased from the PlayStation Store for my PS3 and PSP. Once you cross into the $20-30 range, you're talking the price of "Greatest Hits" console games; older games that often contain a huge, engaging experience. If gaming is your main hobby, it's hard to find a mobile game that delivers that experience the way a home console can, as it just doesn't fit the mold of what mobile games are for.

To that point, I think starting with the base game engine for a price like $10 and adding episodic content for a few dollars is a better way to go for mobile devices. Just my take on it.

Then again, a full-on gaming hobbyist probably isn't their target audience on here, so
    05-19-11 09:56 AM
    I'd love a quality Tiger Woods golf release. A shooter would be awesome too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 10:11 AM
    I'd love a quality Tiger Woods golf release. A shooter would be awesome too.

i second this,a good golf game would be awesome on the playbook
    05-19-11 11:27 AM
    It would have to be a mind-blowing experience for me to pay $30 for a downloadable game on a mobile platform (not saying it couldn't happen, just that it would have to be remarkable).

I'd say I'd go to $15 based on what I've purchased from the PlayStation Store for my PS3 and PSP. Once you cross into the $20-30 range, you're talking the price of "Greatest Hits" console games; older games that often contain a huge, engaging experience. If gaming is your main hobby, it's hard to find a mobile game that delivers that experience the way a home console can, as it just doesn't fit the mold of what mobile games are for.

To that point, I think starting with the base game engine for a price like $10 and adding episodic content for a few dollars is a better way to go for mobile devices. Just my take on it.

Then again, a full-on gaming hobbyist probably isn't their target audience on here, so

Since I haven't been a game for a good number of years, I look at this need for speed game, which I would have never played on a console, and have never been much of a race gamer and find myself thinking I'd be willing to try similar games on this tablet, it was a lot of fun playing a racing game.

I think at $15 for a game with downloadable content for a few bucks would be an excellent idea for the mobile gaming experience, as well as bringing MMORPG's to the portable market,
    05-22-11 06:46 PM
    Since I haven't been a game for a good number of years, I look at this need for speed game, which I would have never played on a console, and have never been much of a race gamer and find myself thinking I'd be willing to try similar games on this tablet, it was a lot of fun playing a racing game.

I think at $15 for a game with downloadable content for a few bucks would be an excellent idea for the mobile gaming experience, as well as bringing MMORPG's to the portable market,
    Yes, NFS is fun, and is a good example of a portable game done right. The game itself is long and can get pretty deep, which keeps interest and justifies the cost (when there is one). However, it is broken up into bite-sized chunks that can be played during a 10 minute bus trip across town or on a 4 hour flight.

That's where I think the idea of games with additional content would fit perfectly. You get a decent game for a price, and more "bite-sized chunks" to play later if you'd like.

As far as MMOs go, that's something that hasn't been tapped properly yet. I heard of a few MMOs integrating mobile devices into their games, but I don't think that market's been truly tapped yet. And as addicting as those games are, perhaps lacking the ability to play it anytime, anywhere is a good thing.
    05-22-11 07:46 PM
    I could see EA bringing Monopoly and The Sims to the PlayBook. I think they would look and play beautifully on the PlayBook's screen. I also think that some iteration of Madden either 11 or 12 will be a definite shoe in at some point.

I could really enjoy flying a plane with the playbook!
    Same here. I always loved Microsoft Flight Simulator and the other flight sims like X-Plane. One game I miss from my iPad that I think would play very nicely on the PlayBook would be the F-SIM Space Shuttle. That game has you fly the approach for landing for the shuttle. Makes me feel like an astronaut
    05-23-11 03:07 AM
    i second this,a good golf game would be awesome on the playbook
    golf or mini putt would be awesome!
    05-23-11 07:40 AM
    I would like to see The Sims and some of their board games.

Also when the HECK don't we have a backgammon game yet??????
    05-23-11 09:03 AM
    I'm hoping that EA just includes PlayBook in their list of devices so that all of the new ones come to the PB. It's already the same language (i think) that they use on nearly every other console, so we can hope!
    05-23-11 10:51 AM
    bfv lol ohhh my that would be funny, crashing in the temple. kids on it saying "how i fly?", boy best two weeks of my life. but what would be nice is noticing someone else playing, going upto them finding out who they are and PUNCHING THEM IN THE FACE. then yelling "scrubs dont fly helicopters!". ohh boy that would be fun.
    in my opinion rim should have paired with someone better then ea, rockstar comes to mind. just think of all the awsome advertising a version of gta for playbook would get :O. Even bethesda would be better with a fallout version (seems new vegas doesn't crash at all unlike 3).
    btw i beat need for speed completely, main story, drift challenge, and got the lack luster pagoni zonda. wish they gave us a atom or buoygotti(sp?) veyron, even a gumbert would have been more enjoyable to drive in the game then the zonda. i don't like porsche because they are over glorified voltswagons ;P but the zonda made me like driving the 911 gt2.
    actually thinking about it the best absolute BEST developer for room to hook up with is the mighty ice demon, BLiZZARD entertainment. world of warcraft made blizzard all powerful, now im not saying put wow on there because i just broke the grip it had on my soul for 6 years. im saying put starcraft on this with blizzard id integration and online play, take those 250,000 playbooks sold and multiply it by 50. between the americans and koreans (not being rascist but they love starcraft and warcraft) who play starcraft you would see a massive influx to get one. they will actually leave their respect houses.
    i on the other hand have abandoned my wow account and just about everything gaming.
    I also thought that Blizzard would have made an awesome partner for the Playbook. I don't know if the Playbook could handle their huge games though :s it sure would be interesting playing starcraft on a touch screen device though.

05-26-11 05:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD