something that has a preview option of the effect, and not just a list ... :/
    12-01-12 12:03 AM
    photo studio they have a free and a pro version. The cool thing is even though the PlayBook version is a Android port , if you buy it for your phone it shows up on your PlayBook and vice versa. I used the free version and got tired of not having access to all the features so I caved. I have a tone of photo editors and photo studio is probably my favorite right now.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-01-12 12:28 AM
    PicShop. Well made Air app. Gives filter previews without having to apply. Standard edits as well.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    12-01-12 12:29 AM
    I use Uber Iris and it works pretty well for me. It also comes with preview function.
    12-01-12 12:39 AM
    For me editing photos is not just applying effects, so this comment may be of little use, but still:

- think about the way you'll pick your photos, among many, possibly sorted in different folders: I recommend choosing an app that don't use the PB default picker, that'd present all photos flat. Here, android ports are indeed better than many native apps. For an "effects-only" app I recommend Photo Studio on this criterion

- don't hesitate trying free simple, specialized apps like PhotoSorter (that'd do just what it says, bue well) or Imaginem that'll read your DSLR raw format

- if you want to go further than just effects, indeed we have very few professional apps. I have one, Sumo Paint Air, that's basically a port of the web app pixlr (which you can freely try online before, at Photo editor online - Pixlr.com edit image). It allows actual, serious business like contrast curves correction*, but with a miniaturized interface quite uneasy to control with a finger (some here use dedicated styluses). Also, I think with large images and big processes it almost reaches the PB processing limits (some lag, but stays useable).
    If you have a permanent connection, actually using the pixlr site is the same and then would be enough.

(*) read: how to clarify this black face in front of an overluminous window...
    12-01-12 04:37 AM
    Nice series of opinions on small reviews.
    12-01-12 09:09 AM
    I primarily send pictures from my PB to automobile forums.
    Which one of the photo apps will allow my to place colored arrows into the picture so I can give descriptions by color of the arrow?

Thanks in advance.
    12-01-12 09:38 AM
    Surprised no one mentioned Photo Editor Ultimate. I have it on my phone, rather than PlayBook, as that's what i use to take my pictures. It doesn't give you a preview of the effects in the lists. It does however allow you to apply the chosen effect, see the final product, and decide whether or not you want to keep the change before actually changing your photo.
    12-01-12 11:36 AM
    Surprised no one mentioned Photo Editor Ultimate. I have it on my phone, rather than PlayBook, as that's what i use to take my pictures. It doesn't give you a preview of the effects in the lists. It does however allow you to apply the chosen effect, see the final product, and decide whether or not you want to keep the change before actually changing your photo.
    that was what I had...and exactly what I was refferring too. lol.
    12-01-12 02:34 PM
    that was what I had...and exactly what I was refferring too. lol.
    Ah. Well, it's available on the PlayBook, unless you meant BESIDES Photo Editor Ultimate... I think it even has a free version to test.
    12-01-12 03:14 PM
    I primarily send pictures from my PB to automobile forums.
    Which one of the photo apps will allow my to place colored arrows into the picture so I can give descriptions by color of the arrow?

Thanks in advance.
    Photo Editor Extreme has a "doodle" feature that let's you draw, circle or box on your pic. At only one dollar it's one of the better value apps.

For the OP it's really a matter of horses for courses. If you just want to fix up your pics and ad some nice effects for Facebook, blogs etc, Pic shop has a good range of effects and filters and they are adjustable. The downside is that it overcompresses on saving so if you want to do large prints or heavy cropping you will notice a loss of detail (fine for postcard sized prints or facebook though). Touchup Pro (from the same dev with same compression) has the best interface IMO, but less filters and they are not all adjustable. It also has a nice zoom feature (very handy for the blemish removal tool), Picshop had this too but it stopped working with one of the updates. Both these have free trials available.
    Photo Studio has a lot of filters (not adjustable), it doesn't compress as much as the previous two. It's android but the dev seems to be supporting it with regular updates. It also has free version.
    The ones that let you save in the original quality/resolution are Photo Editor Extreme, Uber iris, and PhotoFX. None of these have as many features but FX and Extreme have one or two that are unique.
    If you search the forums for "Pixlr-O-Matic Port" you will find a link to a bar file that is a native version of Pixlr-o-matic that works without an internet connection and lets you name your picture. The Pixlr apps in App World all need internet and don't really work any better than the going to the website on the browser.
    Last edited by StampyBeaverbrook; 12-02-12 at 07:18 PM.
    12-02-12 01:26 AM
    I've used Uber Iris and I'd recommend that. Has lots of filters that you can preview, kind of like instagram where you just select the filter and you are able to preview it before applying. Also lets you crop, rotate and adjust colors. It also lets you share through Twitter, Facebook and Flickr.

Buy Uber Iris- Photo Effects and Filters for BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Uber Iris- Photo Effects and Filters for BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    12-03-12 12:56 PM