After reading about the CTV app for BB phones on the front page, I wanted to ask what people are planning on doing to watch/keep tabs on the Olympics on the PlayBook.

Any apps on the horizon? Are you just going to use the browser? If so, what sites are you planning to use?

I know there's a BBC "app" in the AppWorld, but according to the reviews it's just a link to the website.
    sagec likes this.
    07-22-12 02:19 AM
    Trying to find the CTV Olympics app to see if it will convert to PB... or just their website ctvolympics.ca
    07-24-12 11:59 AM
    Perhaps we can convert the NBC android app also.
    07-24-12 12:12 PM
    I'm gonna avoid them, just like on my TV. Can't stand network's 'coverage', especially NBC's, and all their manufactured drama. And every time I see that little snot Costas, I want to throw something through my TV. It'd be just my luck I catch him on the PlayBook and end up throwing it through my flatscreen, likely destroying two of my favorite toys in one idiotic motion. I think I'll just waste the time playing Galaxy on Fire 2.
    07-24-12 01:44 PM
    Can anyone create a bar file for the NBC Olympics Live Extra Android App so we can see if that would work?
    07-24-12 08:39 PM
    I have the BBC app and it looks to be decent. A little static right now, but the games haven't started yet.
    rtergdvasdfg likes this.
    07-24-12 09:29 PM
    I have the BBC app and it looks to be decent. A little static right now, but the games haven't started yet.
    Can you hook a brother up with the BBC app? I have a VPN.
    07-25-12 03:40 AM
    I was asking scrid2000 to add the ctv link to tablet tv for the playbook, however, it requires silverlight. PB users should email CTV to ask them where the Olympics App is for PB. At least they have one for the handset. If anyone finds a flash link to be able to watch (from a reputable site) please let us all know. BTW... NBC link works and scrid2000 should be adding it, however it is geoblocked in Canada.
    07-25-12 10:01 AM
    Can you hook a brother up with the BBC app? I have a VPN.
    It's a converted android app I sideloaded. You can get it at Goodereader.com.
    07-25-12 02:38 PM
    I found the ctv app at goodreader..tried converting it to bar and signing. it didn't work. loads, but then bombs when trying to connect to data

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    07-25-12 04:33 PM
    Can anyone create a bar file for the NBC Olympics Live Extra Android App so we can see if that would work?
    I converted the app but it doesn't work on the Playbook.
    07-25-12 06:43 PM
    I found the ctv app at goodreader..tried converting it to bar and signing. it didn't work. loads, but then bombs when trying to connect to data

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for trying.
    07-26-12 12:47 PM
    I added what little I could find to the latest incarnation of tablet tv - it wasn't much
    rtergdvasdfg likes this.
    07-26-12 06:37 PM
    I read on GigaOM today that BBC is going to have 24 live streams available using HTML5. If that's the case, won't the PB's browser be able to render those without too much of an issue?
    07-26-12 07:53 PM
    Nbc Olympic website should work just fine in our browser?
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    07-26-12 08:05 PM
    Nbc Olympic website should work just fine in our browser?
    Yes, but it requires a US subscription to NBC (cable, satellite, etc).
    07-26-12 10:29 PM
    I have DirectTV credentials and signed up for the NBC Live Extra on my desktop computer. Everything works, and I watched a recast of the Mexico vs. South Korea football match.

However, when I tried to logon to the LiveExtra site via the PB browser, it just refreshed the main page without logging me in. It doesn't seem like the site is allowing tablet browser clients to access the videos.

Going to try BBC once the games get going.
    07-27-12 12:46 AM
    I am not happy with a certain Canadian broadcaster right now. They have a monopoly on the rights to London 2012 and they are not delivering the content. I'm not sure how they are allowed to block the video to the PlayBook through their website. I could understant blocking a device if there was an app but not having an app and blocking the content is not right. I wonder if RIM would have grounds to file a complaint with the CRTC? Imagine blocking your televisions feed just because you had the wrong brand of television.

Ok, I get it, it is cool to exclude BB. I just happen to have one of those cool other tablets so I downloaded the app. The sound doesn't even work on it.
    Last edited by Just Me; 07-30-12 at 12:26 AM.
    spatialmongrel likes this.
    07-29-12 11:52 AM
    If someone sends me the android .bar I'll see if we can use it to get a working stream.
    07-29-12 12:25 PM
    atdhe.eu works perfectly fine for me, has several different sports feeds and I use it all the time. Betweem that and ch131.so i don't need cable
    07-29-12 01:20 PM
    I have DirectTV credentials and signed up for the NBC Live Extra on my desktop computer. Everything works, and I watched a recast of the Mexico vs. South Korea football match.

However, when I tried to logon to the LiveExtra site via the PB browser, it just refreshed the main page without logging me in. It doesn't seem like the site is allowing tablet browser clients to access the videos.

Going to try BBC once the games get going.
    I have the same problem except it did work for me the 1st day of the men's and women's rounds of soccer. When I try it now however it just keeps bringing me back to may cable provider's login page. Another weird thing about it however is that I tried it last night with my fiancee's playbook and it worked on hers, so now I'm extremely confused. I tried using different browsers, restarting the playbook, clearing the cache, and changing the agent identification. Nothing has worked so far.
    07-29-12 02:09 PM
    NBC seems to have blocked the PB.
    07-29-12 07:25 PM
    What's even more lame is that their android app is written in actionscript and should be easily portable to the PlayBook.
    07-29-12 07:32 PM
    I've used Orb since it was released so I don't have a problem watching any of the olympics.
    07-29-12 07:36 PM
    What's even more lame is that their android app is written in actionscript and should be easily portable to the PlayBook.
    However a simple conversion DOESN'T seem to work, we've tried that already.
    07-29-12 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD