Tapatalk is listed as a top paid app for $2.99, but there is no way to purchase. Tapatalk is one of my favorite Android sideloads and want to support Apo World.

does anybody know Tapatalk is listed -- but not purchase-able?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 12:12 AM
    Not sure i purchased it a while ago. It is still on my playbook
    02-29-12 12:19 AM
    I think it's an issue with App World. It's the BlackBerry smart phone version that is being displayed. I don't know if it's App World itself that is the problem, or if the developer needs to set a flag so it doesn't show up for the PlayBook.

Sent from my Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 12:23 AM
    Oh maybe that is it. When i bought it i went to tapatalk.com and hit the blackberry icon. Try doing that maybe it will bring you too the right app
    02-29-12 12:27 AM
    Oh maybe that is it. When i bought it i went to tapatalk.com and hit the blackberry icon. Try doing that maybe it will bring you too the right app
    No go. Takes you to the same place in App World.

02-29-12 12:46 AM
    I installed it.

Go to tapatalk.com. Select buy tapatalk for blackberry. Then choose the BlackBerry appworld link. Once BB appworld opens it should display a purchase button and allow you to either buy it or install it.

Foe me since I had already bought tapatalk on my phone, it said buy for 2.99 or whatever. I clicked "buy". It then said I had already purchased and it installed the app.

Going through tapatalk.com is the trick. For some reason.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    mike in nc likes this.
    02-29-12 12:52 AM
    Hmm, doesn't work for me. I think there are some deeper issues going on here with App World (big surprise!).

I'm having the same issue with Photo Editor Extreme. When OS2 dropped I backed up and wiped my PB and did a clean install. Photo Editor Extreme was not in my uninstalled app list, and I could not download it from App World. It shows my license, and all the pictures are for the phone version.
    So I restored my back up and I have the app back, but in my installed app list it doesn't display a delete button (I am able to delete from the home screen still).

I tried to log into App World through my PC to try and install these apps that way, but I can't. I try logging in and I get an "unknown error."

Not sure what to do at this point!

Sent from my Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-29-12 02:19 AM
    Has anyone got any news on this...I got it on my phone after reading a review that you could use it on both...but can't put on my playbook.
    03-06-12 06:45 AM
    Has anyone got any news on this...I got it on my phone after reading a review that you could use it on both...but can't put on my playbook.
    Try what Southlander said...it worked for me.
    03-06-12 09:02 AM
    No luck for me. Finds tapatalk in BB App World, but no install button.

I do have the Droid version loaded though. Maybe that's my problem.
    03-06-12 09:29 AM
    I'll have to try again...I tried earlier and it did not work...but no harm in trying again
    03-06-12 09:34 AM
    I'll take a look when I get to a wifi spot tonight. I will also reach out to the developer.
    dalecon likes this.
    03-06-12 09:37 AM
    I had this same problem. The app was installed on my BB phone, but I could only see and not download it on PlayBook appworld. I emailed the app developer and he responded right away with the fix. All you have to do is navigate to the tapatalk website on your Playbook browser and click the buy button for Blackberry. It will take you to appworld where the download button will magically appear, and if you have it on your BB phone its a free download.

EDIT: apparently I missed the exact same answer above. Oops.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 10:29 AM
    Worked for me that time. Had to delete my side-loaded Android version. Then going through the website worked perfectly.
    03-06-12 10:51 AM
    Managed to install via App World after going via tapatalk.com
    As I've bought for my Bold it just installed, no fee.

03-06-12 12:17 PM
    its working but apparently its using android cause signature does not say play book.

it did not work when you click bb from home page...it does work if you click download and then bb. thanks for help cb people

03-06-12 02:49 PM
    its working but apparently its using android cause signature does not say play book.

it did not work when you click bb from home page...it does work if you click download and then bb. thanks for help cb people

Yeah its an android App not a native Playbook App.
    03-06-12 03:37 PM
    OK just bought it (SEE what I do for you guys!) and it worked fine. I did an app world search found it then bought it. It is working flawlessly.

EDIT I emailed the developer!
    03-06-12 05:07 PM
    I ranted in another post about my Tapatalk experience. I don't know if it was ever a native Blackberry app but it is now an Android app as you can see when you use. It opens up inside of the Android emulator. I complained to developer and on here about it because I purchased the app on my Android phone and then pretty much purchased the same app on the Playbook. The developer probably didn't want to update multiple ports so he got rid of the native Blackberry app and just ported over his Android version. Makes life easier for him but just makes us pay twice for the same app. Sneaky sneaky.
    03-06-12 05:16 PM
    1. Nobody is trying to be sneaky. It was just ported over and that's it. No other thought was given to it.Actually, it was even added to the smartphone purchase as a perk. If you purchased the playbook then you also get the smartphone and vice versa. I don't care if you think it was sneaky, it is your opinion and that's it.

2. The problem people are having is because appworld is buggy. I'll be removing it from the smartphone release and readding it appworld as a separate release

3. A native version for the playbook will be created when Cascades is released.
    Last edited by EveryApp Mobile; 03-06-12 at 06:21 PM.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-06-12 06:07 PM
    I installed it.

Go to tapatalk.com. Select buy tapatalk for blackberry. Then choose the BlackBerry appworld link. Once BB appworld opens it should display a purchase button and allow you to either buy it or install it.

Foe me since I had already bought tapatalk on my phone, it said buy for 2.99 or whatever. I clicked "buy". It then said I had already purchased and it installed the app.

Going through tapatalk.com is the trick. For some reason.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk

I was also having the same problem with another app I had purchased for my phone, used the same method to get it on my PB, thanks again
    03-06-12 06:33 PM
    I'm still not having any luck -- even coming into App World from the Tapatalk site. I still cannot download. I did notice that the App Store screen shots now show the Playbook Android version.

Is this real? Is the Android app as good as it is going to get for the Playbook?
    03-06-12 07:09 PM
    I'm still not having any luck -- even coming into App World from the Tapatalk site. I still cannot download. I did notice that the App Store screen shots now show the Playbook Android version.

Is this real? Is the Android app as good as it is going to get for the Playbook?
    The playbook android version is real. I will be removing the android version from the smartphone version because that might be causing problems. I will release the android version as "Tapatalk HD". A native playbook version will be created when Cascades UI is released and it will be available as a paid upgrade or as a separate release since it will be much better than the android version.
    03-06-12 07:42 PM
    The playbook android version is real. I will be removing the android version from the smartphone version because that might be causing problems. I will release the android version as "Tapatalk HD". A native playbook version will be created when Cascades UI is released and it will be available as a paid upgrade or as a separate release since it will be much better than the android version.
    Will the Tapatalk HD Android version run in the Android window like the sideloaded version? Will the interface and functionality be identical to the Android side-load.

Also, what is the timing for "Cascades UI?"
    03-06-12 08:09 PM
    1. Nobody is trying to be sneaky. It was just ported over and that's it. No other thought was given to it.Actually, it was even added to the smartphone purchase as a perk. If you purchased the playbook then you also get the smartphone and vice versa. I don't care if you think it was sneaky, it is your opinion and that's it.

2. The problem people are having is because appworld is buggy. I'll be removing it from the smartphone release and readding it appworld as a separate release

3. A native version for the playbook will be created when Cascades is released.
    Thank you for responding and yes I did come off a bit disgruntled. I don't even remember how much it cost here, $2-$4? ... which is nothing really. But owning multiple devices running different OS's you have to understand a bit of the confusion here, on my part anyhow. This is my first time owning a Blackberry device so I dived in purchasing apps I use regularly and when it came to this(your) app I was suprised that it was an APK converted version and not a native Playbook optimized one. Having purchased this app on Android it does seem odd that we have to pay a second time for the same app that runs in the Android emulator. I'm happy to hear that a Playbook built version is coming and if you will be charging for the "upgrade" I'll be one of the first to purchase and show my support.

Don't know if it is possible to create a login for this app for use on mutliple devices with our favorite forums saved.

Thanks again for responding to me/us and for bringing it over period.

03-06-12 08:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD