Aka - What should I write?

I have enough of a grasp on the playbook now to write what I want. I am just unsure where the community needs are at.

What types of applications would you guys like to see? I would love to see your ideas, and perhaps bring some of them to life.

That being said, if anyone else is looking for help, I'm available too. I do mostly flex development, but am also proficient in pixel art, and photoshop in general.
    12-28-11 01:01 PM
    A Skype or similar cross-platform video chat application would be great! Unfortunately, none of my friends have PlayBooks, and ReelPortal has a little way to go yet (mainly with the ui, but with other areas too).

On another note, I think it's great that there are people out their like you who are willing to give their time to improve the PlayBook!
    Berrimad likes this.
    12-28-11 01:53 PM
    A Skype or similar cross-platform video chat application would be great! Unfortunately, none of my friends have PlayBooks, and ReelPortal has a little way to go yet (mainly with the ui, but with other areas too).

On another note, I think it's great that there are people out their like you who are willing to give their time to improve the PlayBook!
    if you looking for a skype like program check out AV by AOL, works in the browser, great UI easy to use works on mulitplatform
    12-28-11 01:58 PM
    as for OP, Anything you build that is clean and smooth im down with. cant really think of a specific need at the moment .. WELL if you could figure out how to build a remote desk top app that doesnt suck it would be a hit
    chan_the_killer likes this.
    12-28-11 02:00 PM
    A big +1 for a good RDP app.

Also would love to see a nice lyric and chord scroller for when I'm practicing/gigging.
    And while I'm being selfish, how about voice turn by turn nav with 3D maps?
    12-28-11 03:23 PM
    a better pdf viewer, and ereader apps that read more then epub (ie mobi and pdf)
    12-28-11 04:01 PM
    app so you can read and reply to text messages would be ideal, then I would never have to look at my phone.
    Skype would be great also
    12-28-11 04:07 PM
    Social feeds!!! That's the main reason my phone ever comes out of its holster at this point...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-11 04:19 PM
    Social feeds!!! That's the main reason my phone ever comes out of its holster at this point...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Elabourate, please. Lookign for something over and above the facebook/blaq apps?
    12-28-11 04:28 PM
    Hi and thanks. I would really like a multiple IM app that doesn't time out when it is not the focus. Would be cool if it could include video and audio.
    12-28-11 04:32 PM
    +1 on the SMS app as well!
    12-28-11 06:10 PM
    There are some great ideas, and people willing to collaborate, in this thread on music tools for the PlayBook.
    12-28-11 06:10 PM
    I guess I'm in the minority as I'm not really interested in social feeds/skype, so in my case, I would really love an app that handles basic statistics, i.e., z-test, t-test, f-test, effects sizes, and provides copies of cut-off values for determining statistical significance.

I dont have the knowledge to make apps but if you, or anyone else, is interested in taking these on, I am more than happy with sending you some university stats books for reference.
    12-28-11 06:16 PM
    For those asking for an SMS style bridging app - I thought there was one already called SMS bridge or something along those lines?
    I am sure it has been mentioned on these forums a few times.
    12-28-11 07:03 PM
    I'd love an IM app, really useful!
    06kingranch likes this.
    12-28-11 07:50 PM
    How about:
    PDF viewer with mark-ups
    Photo Manager -
    I agree on Skype but not much can be done with that I don't imagine
    Video Editor
    Power Point Editor
    AutoCad - CAD file viewer
    Flash for the camera - just kidding
    12-28-11 08:39 PM
    A free HEARTS game. Only card game I need.
    12-28-11 11:11 PM
    Where to start more apps for one , the obvious email, calendar,contacts, ones that I miss
    netflix, lastpass, kindle (most missed playbook is the perfect size to read a book on).
    12-28-11 11:17 PM
    i believe there was a thread earlier about a PDF reader being put together for the OS 2 release that had capabilities for searching/marking/etc.

something that i'm sure a LOT of people would enjoy (at least those who use their pb for movies/music) is an app that allows you to control your pb from your phone.
    12-28-11 11:33 PM
    a lot of things i want to see should be coming in the os2 update...

as for an app, i'd love to get a nav app. not for the car, but for a boat. port navionics or a cmap compatible chart plotter and i can line people up to buy playbooks. the majority of the boaters i know use bb phones and are considering switching to iphones simply because of the charting apps.

navionics said two years ago their bb chart software would be out shortly. still waiting.

i think it's silly that rim didn't include some remote control interface from phone to playbook in bridge. write a simple program that controls video and music apps over bluetooth. will eliminate the need for a 15' micro hdmi cable.
    Disparishun likes this.
    12-29-11 01:01 AM
    How about:
    Photo Manager -
    +1 to this, actually. Would love a way to easily move my PB photos into the cloud and to view my other photos, from the PB, that are in the cloud. Same for my Bberry, come to think of it. Maybe this is simply about building a PB client for one of the popular services? I would certainly pay for a lightweight, hassle-free photo client that allows me to do this, i.e. go multi-platform with my photos.

EDIT: see also this request for a Digital Photo Frame usage, which could be built into a photo client app.
    Last edited by Disparishun; 12-29-11 at 10:33 AM.
    12-29-11 02:09 AM
    DSLR camera controller , DSLR movie decorder , support USB host ...
    12-29-11 09:39 AM
    Somebody put it in a different thread - it would be nice to have an application to turn scanned business cards into contacts.

Also +1 for a decent SatNav, something like Telmap for BB phones.

And it would be good to have a pdf viewer with printing ability - to the wireless printers. You could even charge for drivers corresponding to specific models, if not users, perhaps manufacturers would pay for these?

Also video player which would remember the movie's position if you close it, would be good.
    01-01-12 09:33 PM
    Id really appreciate a tumblr or getglue app!
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-01-12 10:37 PM
    Id really appreciate a tumblr or getglue app!
    Tumblr's web site is actually pretty nice to use already. They didn't even release an app for BB OS 7, so i doubt they'll do one for playbook. or you could side-load tumblr for android, it works quite nicely as well. but only in portrait mode.

Zinio Reader, any decent GPS app. that's all.
    01-01-12 10:50 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD