What non-side loaded browser is the best and why.

Thanks
    06-16-12 08:06 PM
    The Native Browser
    Zildjian71 likes this.
    06-16-12 08:33 PM
    I like dolphin browser hd
    06-16-12 09:22 PM
    The Native Browser
    The best browser is already loaded. Want proof find the html 5 test site and compare.
    06-16-12 09:28 PM
    The native browser is the best. But Simple Browser is great if you only need 1 tab for browsing.

Here it is:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/52188

And the paid version here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/52192

To answer why, go to HTML5test.com and it recognizes it as the native browser and the score is equal. I'm thinking it actually somehow clones the stock browser and duplicates it with a slightly altered interface. But that's just my guess.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-16-12 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Links added
    06-16-12 09:41 PM
    The native browser is the best. But Simple Browser is great if you only need 1 tab for browsing.

Here it is:

Free SimpleBrowser - Download SimpleBrowser - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

And the paid version here:

Buy SimpleBrowserPlus - Download SimpleBrowserPlus - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

To answer why, go to HTML5test.com and it recognizes it as the native browser and the score is equal. I'm thinking it actually somehow clones the stock browser and duplicates it with a slightly altered interface. But that's just my guess.
    I bet it is just a webworks app (ie. native with different UI)
    06-16-12 11:42 PM
    The native browser lacks any ability to organize/rename/reorder bookmarks. Also it does not allow you to search on a webpage. Both SimpleBrowser+ and Secure Browser allow searches as well as more bookmark edits.
    06-16-12 11:57 PM
    The native browser lacks any ability to organize/rename/reorder bookmarks. Also it does not allow you to search on a webpage. Both SimpleBrowser+ and Secure Browser allow searches as well as more bookmark edits.
    Secure Browser is my favorite. It also has opaque buttons that jump to the top or bottom of the page which saves me a ton of time.
    06-17-12 12:25 AM
    I like dolphin browser hd
    Dolphin Browser is a converted Android app, and as such experiences a noticeable slower connection than native apps, which is annoying. Otherwise, it is indeed a fantastic browser, I use it on my Android phone and it's great. Even on the Playbook it's pretty good, just frustratingly slow compared to native browsers (e.g. stock browser, SimpleBrowser+, Qupzilla)
    06-17-12 06:42 AM
    I bet it is just a webworks app (ie. native with different UI)
    Ahh. I hadn't thought of that...
    06-19-12 07:06 PM
    May I know how do I search text in a webpage in SimpleBrowser+? Can't seem to find that function. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, long press menu button will call out the search text window but unfortunately on this latest 2.0.0.9 it crashes everytime I do a search.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by jiatern; 06-20-12 at 12:13 AM.
    06-20-12 12:06 AM
    The Secure Browser search apparently crashes on the BETA OS. I've got it working on the regular OS 2.x
    06-20-12 12:15 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a native browser that does the following:
    Open a new tab in the background
    Ability to scroll to the top and bottom of a page
    Have the list of tabs at the top without having to swipe down to show them

Basically the dolphin browser with the ability to use flash and another side loaded app at the same time
    06-20-12 06:49 PM
    Simple browser is the best now. Version 2.0 is great improvement over 1.0. It is fast and has features missing in native browser. No android based browsers come close to Simple Browser.
    06-20-12 06:53 PM
    Well thanks for the votes for SB+! Version 2 has a lot of work behind it and I'm working on what I can to fix it's shortcomings.

Its not a webworks app, but it is exposing the same webkit engine used by the stock browser. The UI on top is written in air and manages the browser instances.

SB+ feels faster in most cases due to the adblocking ability along with setting changes I've made to the standard settings.

Anyway, I think I'm obligated to cast a vote for SB+, but Secure Browser is a great alternative to the stock browser as well!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-20-12 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD