Wow, can you remove the part "Send Angry Emails"... they might get ANGRY on us and not develop XD.. we're asking nicely here .

How about use real-life examples in the "potential earnings" part. e.g. Angry Birds at $3.99 as top seller.

You got a point on angry.

Hehe.

Yea we can do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 on 7.1.0.342 with Tapatalk and my fingers
    03-31-12 08:06 AM
    Here is their official Facebook page. They seem to reply to posts over there:

https://www.facebook.com/TempleRun
    03-31-12 09:57 AM
    Here is their official Facebook page. They seem to reply to posts over there:

https://www.facebook.com/TempleRun

Thanks. Let me try something!

03-31-12 11:13 AM
    I have made a post on their wall. I hope they bite. We need more of you guys to help! The link is the Facebook one down there.

03-31-12 11:28 AM
    Add me to the petition
    03-31-12 12:11 PM
    Add me to the petition

Alright! Just go through the other posts and you will find out what to do

03-31-12 12:14 PM
    Perhaps we should take up standing on street corners with tin cups and cardboard signs saying, "Will beg for apps". It might be slightly less pitiful looking than all of these desperate online petitions.
    offthahorseceo and shemaree09 like this.
    03-31-12 02:33 PM
    That just sounds poor and I'm sure it may work to some extent. It isn't hard to convert anything.

03-31-12 11:56 PM
    It isn't hard to convert anything.
    False.
    Absolutely 100% false. Honestly, I don't mean to be rude but do two and a half minutes of research and you'll find you cannot just convert everything. Or you could just read some of the other posts earlier on this very thread and see that they highlight this fact.
    04-01-12 01:56 AM
    This 'no profit' business is just stupid... There is a substantial profit to be made... If the product is good!

I think it comes down to greed more than anything.

As a programmer what is your time worth? $20, $30, $50 an hour? You have to have that number set in your mind before you take on any job to see if it worth the time put into it. It is more appealing to people to think of themselves as someone worth $50 an hour then someone worth $20. Some of the apps I've seen kid buy for $2 through their ipods are jokes (only using ipods bc I have actually seen it happen). People think 'i will develops a app and charge people for it' if they don't like it, or welll, I already have the money.

How does this relate to 'no profit'' in the bb/pb app world...

Would you develop an app for an audience of a couple million or an audience of 10 times that? There is a lower risk of losing money when developing for iOS/DROID because there is a higher percentage that your app will be purchased due to the amount of people with those devices.

People aren't worried about making good apps anymore, they are looking for easy money.

I honestly believe that there are only two reasons NOT to have your app in EVERY app store possible

ONE
    IT SUCKS... If you make an app just to get profit over anything else then you surely don't care about the quality and for that reason would just drop it in the most populated store and hope a low percentage of people buy it to make you money that you wouldnt make with such a low success rate in a less populated market.

TWO
    You are LAZY/GREEDY... If you didn't makes bad app then it should sell. This also includes popular games/apps on other stores. And there is no reason to put it in as many stores as possible to earn the most money you can. Unless you are lazy and/or greedy. I understand that everyone wants to maximize profit, but to say there is NO profit in a market of millions is a lie. If you spend 40 hrs making a $2 app for iOS/DROID and you make $20 000 on it that means eachh store averaged a $10 000 profit and sold 5 000 apps. That also means that only 1% of people who bought pbs THIS quarter would need to buy your app to make the same $10 000 profit. Now, let's say that there are about 1.5 million pbs out there (can't find exact numbers,but I think this is a fair estimate using wiki and recent news), that now means that that 1% requirement for the $10 000 profit gets divided by 3 and becomes around 0.3% of total pb users who need to buy your app to make the same profit as other stores.

I fully understand that you would have to sell to a significantly lower percentage in the other stores to make that money, it is very obvious... But to say that there is NO profit in a market where selling to 0.3% of the population can bring in $10 000 for 40 hours of work (again this is just an estimate) is totally unjustified. That is $250 HOURLY for the time put in. In a world where people are fortunate enough to have jobs that pay them $10.50 (min wage in canada) people can't be taken seriously for complaining about making over 20x that.

To look at it another way... A $2 app would have to sell to 0.015% of pb owners to earn minimum wage for the developer (everything after that would be 100% profit). If I was unable to satisfy 0.015% of my customers at work I would be asked to get a new job, it would be my fault and not the stores.

*** For those that may get confused by the % the app would need to sell to about 210 people out of 1 500 000
    Last edited by FSeverino; 04-01-12 at 03:24 AM.
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    04-01-12 03:07 AM
    So, if a developer with limited resources (and they all have limited resources) makes a calculated risk and makes his/her program available for only specific platforms, the developer is lazy, greedy or the app sucks?

Alrighty...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    04-01-12 06:32 AM
    Um guys just look at the picture I have attached, it is a statement straight from thier website...give them a chance and I'm sure we will be the next platform they bring temple run to
    04-01-12 11:38 AM
    So, if a developer with limited resources (and they all have limited resources) makes a calculated risk and makes his/her program available for only specific platforms, the developer is lazy, greedy or the app sucks?

Alrighty...

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    No I said that is totally fine. But don't say it is bc there is NO profit. Don't blame it on the store or the amount of people. You CAN make money, just not AS Much with as little sales. But it is still profit
    04-01-12 01:32 PM
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, it will not take a day to convert the App. Most android games use some NDK components especially for the performance critical parts of games, the Playbook Android runtime does not support native code therefore most games can not simply be re-packaged for the playbook.

Depending on how the game is made they could have to rewrite the whole thing from scratch, and its clear the money isn't there in the App World otherwise we would have seen Angry Birds Space.
    04-01-12 07:22 PM
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, it will not take a day to convert the App. Most android games use some NDK components especially for the performance critical parts of games, the Playbook Android runtime does not support native code therefore most games can not simply be re-packaged for the playbook.

Depending on how the game is made they could have to rewrite the whole thing from scratch, and its clear the money isn't there in the App World otherwise we would have seen Angry Birds Space.
    You obviously can't read... since I said 40 hours ESTIMATED. Which is about 3 days of work ESTIMATED. Regardless of that, the fact was that I showed to make minimum wage for 40 hours of work you would need to sell 210 apps. Let's say it takes 3 times that, 120 hours, you would need to sell 630 apps...to a market of 1.5 million + . I'm sorry, but if you think a profit cannot be made then you fall into one of the two categories I listed, how can you not?

Again, I'm agreeing that the other two markets are MORE profitable in the sense that there is more POTENTIAL for profit due to the user base, but if the product is good people will buy it.

Look at batteryguru! How many people here have that app?
    04-02-12 01:02 AM
    Even with ndk, the conversion can still do some work right?

04-02-12 01:47 AM
    Android JUST got Temple Run and it's a much bigger platform. I won't really whine about them not being on the PlayBook right now...
    04-02-12 02:04 AM
    Android JUST got Temple Run and it's a much bigger platform. I won't really whine about them not being on the PlayBook right now...
    This is exactly what I'm saying. There is nothing wrong get with starting in the most populated market and working your way down. If you are tight for income then youcanbe getting so much income from iOS which will pay for your DROID developing and then the money from both stores pays for pb developing.

Put it seems like most developers are saying there is NO money in PB market, which is wrong
    04-02-12 02:18 AM
    There still will be money but android is still number one for them to go to. Let's hope it works.

04-02-12 05:23 AM
    You obviously can't read... since I said 40 hours ESTIMATED. Which is about 3 days of work ESTIMATED. Regardless of that, the fact was that I showed to make minimum wage for 40 hours of work you would need to sell 210 apps. Let's say it takes 3 times that, 120 hours, you would need to sell 630 apps...to a market of 1.5 million + . I'm sorry, but if you think a profit cannot be made then you fall into one of the two categories I listed, how can you not?

Again, I'm agreeing that the other two markets are MORE profitable in the sense that there is more POTENTIAL for profit due to the user base, but if the product is good people will buy it.

Look at batteryguru! How many people here have that app?
    Lol 40 hours to rewrite an entire game for a different platform?

Again depending on how its written non of the original work might be portable except maybe the graphics, so that mean you need you need to learn a new language, new framework etc not to mention the Playbook does not have in app purchasing as far as I am aware, so that's out, how much would they need to charge to cover the lack of In app purch? Would people still buy it at that price?

That's how business works you go where the money is, and you tell me how many people have Battery Guru? I see 36 reviews the only public info, I have an App with 8 reviews and a little under 500 installs so Battery Gurus installs are probably ok for App World but nothing compared to what you can do on Android/iOS.
    joshua_sx1 and joshua_sx1 like this.
    04-02-12 09:30 AM
    Lol 40 hours to rewrite an entire game for a different platform?

Again depending on how its written non of the original work might be portable except maybe the graphics, so that mean you need you need to learn a new language, new framework etc not to mention the Playbook does not have in app purchasing as far as I am aware, so that's out, how much would they need to charge to cover the lack of In app purch? Would people still buy it at that price?

That's how business works you go where the money is, and you tell me how many people have Battery Guru? I see 36 reviews the only public info, I have an App with 8 reviews and a little under 500 installs so Battery Gurus installs are probably ok for App World but nothing compared to what you can do on Android/iOS.

Fine point given. The problem is that android and ios have many, many apps.

It makes no sense that apps become as famous as ones on app world because on ios and android, quality apps sometimes become isolated.

I'm bb, you have a quality app, you will get a lot of recognition.

In app purchases? Doesn't playbook allow that? Let me research that.

04-02-12 11:09 AM
    Well Temple Run Tomb Escape was just release for Blackberry OS7 phones Today
    Gotta love Solver labs They make great blackberry games Angry Pigs, Cut the Thread, ect.
    Graphics/Sound not as great as the IOS version, but still pretty darn close.
    04-03-12 07:48 PM
    The money is there for Angry Birds --- the top paid Playbook apps bring more revenue than the top paid Blackberry handset apps.

They just don't have the manpower to do simultaneous launches --- because they are busy getting themselves ready for IPO next year (which means they are launching at least a couple of new games before the IPO).
    04-03-12 08:00 PM
    Count me in ....why does everyone wants the demise of RIM? Temple run is a free game and they make their money from people buying coins, regardless of one's platform the common goal is to play a game and have fun. for 500000+ playbook and still actively growing, its enough to either port or create an app for.
    04-04-12 04:32 AM
    Well Temple Run Tomb Escape was just release for Blackberry OS7 phones Today
    Gotta love Solver labs They make great blackberry games Angry Pigs, Cut the Thread, ect.
    Graphics/Sound not as great as the IOS version, but still pretty darn close.

Interesting. Let me check it out.

Still, official ones rock

04-04-12 05:28 AM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD