• The reviews

69 45.70%
  • That it is featured

5 3.31%
  • I don't dnload free apps

2 1.32%
  • I dnload all free apps just to try

8 5.30%
    Just wondering what makes you download a free app.

I mean, it's free so no harm...but how do you choose (best answer)

edit: forgot to add 'the developer'
    Last edited by awattwell; 09-08-11 at 09:25 PM. Reason: too much pie...
    09-08-11 07:48 PM
    What does "the picture" mean?

I don't much care what the icon looks like, if that's what you meant.

I definitely look at the screenshots, however, and rarely waste my time downloading anything that doesn't have at least one, preferably at least 3-4.
    09-08-11 08:16 PM
    I always check out last 5-10 recent reviews ... And screenshots. If might be useful I download ... If turns out is not useful I delete it. Is free so no harm no foul.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 08:33 PM
    Just as they said, I check some reviews and screenshots, and if I don't like it, I just delete the app ^.^

Also, many paid apps have their free couterpart, you just have to search for it. They are sometimes not so customizable as the paid ones, but they work just the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 08:39 PM
    I know this is a basic poll, but i would've liked to mark the top two or three!

I usually read the description, check the reviews and then look at all available screen shots!
    dancing-bass and RGwhittenbu like this.
    09-08-11 08:40 PM
    Description and reviews. Sometimes add in the screenshots. But initially it has to appear to be useful in some fashion or a reasonable diversion.
    09-08-11 08:46 PM
    Its a combo of screenshots, reviews, description for me. Sometimes reviews are stupid so I compare it with the screenshots and description. Sometimes I don't have much time and just download and quick look on reviews, that's why I voted reviews. Seems like most people do that. Interesting poll btw.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-08-11 08:53 PM
    I usually just read the description. If it sounds useful, I usually try it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    09-08-11 08:55 PM
    I also like to read who the developer is. Some free apps have locked up my phone...or betas too. But it has to serve a purpose.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    awattwell likes this.
    09-08-11 08:58 PM
    If its useful, and the reviews look good I'll check it out. If it the description and screenshots make it sound like a winner but the reviews give it an epic fail... no dice.
    09-08-11 08:58 PM
    I chose description as that's what I usually look at first, but like others I also usually look at reviews and screenshots.

I don't install things simply to check them out - I figure it's like computers and programs often leave junk behind when deleted.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-08-11 09:16 PM
    I know this is a basic poll, but i would've liked to mark the top two or three!

I usually read the description, check the reviews and then look at all available screen shots!
    Teacher says...choose the best answer.
    09-08-11 09:16 PM
    I also like to read who the developer is. Some free apps have locked up my phone...or betas too. But it has to serve a purpose.

Yes! I honestly meant to have that option as there are a few developers that port crap, but the game sounds fun, looks good and even has some good reviews...unbias of course.
    09-08-11 09:19 PM
    What does "the picture" mean?

I don't much care what the icon looks like, if that's what you meant.

I definitely look at the screenshots, however, and rarely waste my time downloading anything that doesn't have at least one, preferably at least 3-4.
    It means...like...the visual combination of intersecting fields of vision where the souls of peace come to play...

Icon, screenshot...whatever. Just shootin' the $hit here.
    09-08-11 09:29 PM
    I read the description, the reviews and then check CB to see what others say about it. On the PB it seems some neg reviews get deleted on AppWorld so when in doubt I look here to see what others say. Some developers have a good reputation and I would try their apps without questioning or searching for other reviews.
    awattwell likes this.
    09-08-11 09:30 PM
    Sometimes I do find that being 'featured', all nice and big, right at the top gets me interested...then description...reviews etc. But it was the featured aspect that opens the door.

I trust the review less and less.

ie. a new update doesnt work = instant bad reviews at the top, even if the app is awesome...just messed up the update, which will be fixed.

or...good reviews...bad app = fake reviews by developer?
    09-08-11 09:43 PM
    It all depends on the app. If it's good i get it, otherwise I don't
    09-08-11 09:54 PM

Hey, lady, what are you doing in OUR PB subforum? Huh!??

Good to see you branching out. The "bar" here is for sideloading pb apps avoiding appworld - bar files are the type of files. Kind of like cod files for the phones.
    09-08-11 10:00 PM
    I monitor the reviews closer on paid apps. I will give a free app a try based on the description.
    09-08-11 10:44 PM
    I don't install things simply to check them out - I figure it's like computers and programs often leave junk behind when deleted.
    Just so you know BlackBerry Apps very rarely leave anything behind when deleted. While it is possible for apps to write to file to save data this is pretty rare, and no mater what there is nothing left behind that can "run".
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-08-11 11:09 PM
    Ebscer beat me to it. I'll just add that apps cannot leave anything behind other than files in your shared folders (e.g. documents, videos, downloads) and any files in those places can easily be removed with any of the file browsers. In at least this respect the PlayBook is not like the computers you've learned to hate.
    09-08-11 11:21 PM
    Descriptions + Reviews...
    09-09-11 12:11 AM

I trust the review less and less.
    Reviews are almost worthless, some developers mount positive or negative campaigns and App World lets developers delete reviews, which also prevents them from counting toward the overall rating. They've changed that a few times (whether denied reviews count toward the average rating or not) but that's how it is right now, only the reviews the developer leaves count.
    09-09-11 12:26 AM
    Reviews are almost worthless, some developers mount positive or negative campaigns and App World lets developers delete reviews, which also prevents them from counting toward the overall rating. They've changed that a few times (whether denied reviews count toward the average rating or not) but that's how it is right now, only the reviews the developer leaves count.
    I was wondering. So can a developer delete a review that was posted? Ive had a few disappear...I thought maybe crap was a bad word.
    09-09-11 07:19 AM
    It all depends on the app. If it's good i get it, otherwise I don't
    but how do you decide if it is good?
    09-09-11 07:21 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD