As title says it all...
    11-16-10 09:15 PM
    I'm looking for it to be able to run PowerPoint presentations when connected to a projector, for starters.
    11-18-10 02:17 PM
    I'm looking for it to be able to run PowerPoint presentations when connected to a projector, for starters.
    Same!!!!!!!!
    11-18-10 03:07 PM
    1) Wireless printing capabilities for networked printers over WiFi, a sort of "Printing" set-up app.

2) Open Office Suite (or full version of Docs to Go included) with a database creation tool!!!!

3) FeedDemon

4) Full-featured photo editing application

5) Decent video editing application

5) Basic software programming tools (i know this is asking a bit much)

6) BASIC CAD SOFTWARE (i would use this a lot if the implementation and execution is good)

7) A KICKASS Personal Finance application.
    11-18-10 04:49 PM
    From my experiences so far, I tend to use a tablet to consume content more than to create it, so beyond the likes of Kobo and Kindle I would hope to see good options for other document types such as pdf or cbr/cbz and ideally a version of the zinio app for magazines as well.

As far as games, rather than the more arcadey stuff or conversions of older games with a on-screen virtual d-pad I would tend to go for more touch-friendly puzzle stuff whether its angry birds kind of thing or the match 3 gameplay of things like bejewelled as it simply isn't the main use I have for a tablet.

On the multimedia side, I don't know if the support will be built in or not, but if it isn't then an app like air video would be very welcome to save space on the device.
    11-18-10 07:16 PM
    There's no decent scrabble-like game for BB. I'd like to see Words for Friends, or WORDS by Playmesh ported over. And of course, Pandora, Netflix. Those last two are my minimum requirements before I'll buy a device.
    11-18-10 08:39 PM
    bacon.jay: I'm pretty sure in the engadget video Balsille has an excel spreadsheet running. Whether it will be included with the playbook (like docs to go on the phones) or not... I hope it is included.

Wifi printing would be great, but I am not sure how to install a printer on it, since my year old wireless printer uses a cd for installation.

Video editing would be a great idea with the cameras on it.

A weather network ap would be nice -preferably a gadget like they have for windows vista/7.

A screenshot tool would be nice.

Network sharing over wifi would be great - being able to transfer files to your main computer or stream media from it.
    11-18-10 08:40 PM
    I'd love to see a star finder app - something that would take into account your location and the time then show you the night sky with lables and info.
    11-18-10 09:26 PM
    I'd love to see a star finder app - something that would take into account your location and the time then show you the night sky with lables and info.
    I'm hoping we'll see this too. It was mentioned on the webcast today that the PlayBook has a compass, and this is one of the few apps that can take advantage of it. Google has an awesome Android app where you hold your phone up and it will show you what constellations you're looking at. Uses the GPS for location, compass for direction, and accelerometer for orientation (how far up you've tilted it).

As for WiFi printing. There's a pretty high level of standardization among enterprise printers. They all use PostScript or PCL, and share a similar network interface. I certainly think it's possible to see for the major printer manufacturers. Things get a little trickier in the consumer space. I know HP and RIM already have a partnership, and HP has awesome open source Linux drivers that could be ported to QNX. I certainly think it's a possibility. If RIM doesn't build it in then I'm sure 3rd party devs will do it, printing is already available for BB phones.
    11-18-10 09:52 PM
    I'm hoping we'll see this too. It was mentioned on the webcast today that the PlayBook has a compass, and this is one of the few apps that can take advantage of it. Google has an awesome Android app where you hold your phone up and it will show you what constellations you're looking at. Uses the GPS for location, compass for direction, and accelerometer for orientation (how far up you've tilted it).
    Perfect! That's exactly what I'd like to see... with enhanced content. For example, let me click on Andromeda and see some Hubble images, or even click on Virgo and get a horoscope (not my thing, but some would like it).

As for WiFi printing. There's a pretty high level of standardization among enterprise printers. They all use PostScript or PCL, and share a similar network interface. I certainly think it's possible to see for the major printer manufacturers. Things get a little trickier in the consumer space. I know HP and RIM already have a partnership, and HP has awesome open source Linux drivers that could be ported to QNX. I certainly think it's a possibility. If RIM doesn't build it in then I'm sure 3rd party devs will do it, printing is already available for BB phones.
    It's been awhile since I've set up network printers, but is it no longer common to select a generic standard? Like where I could punch in an IP address and select "generic PostScript printer" and be ready to go?
    11-19-10 12:38 AM
    Angry Birds
    11-19-10 12:59 AM
    It's been awhile since I've set up network printers, but is it no longer common to select a generic standard? Like where I could punch in an IP address and select "generic PostScript printer" and be ready to go?
    That's what I meant by similar network interface for enterprise printers. Not all of them play nice, and you'll miss out on some features, but on most printers it will get documents printed.

Consumer printers generally don't support PostScript at all, and I don't think you can do a Generic PCL Printer. There's significantly less standardization there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 01:18 AM
    i hope they will have some sort of billing software so i can bill my customers on the go and every time i see them
    11-19-10 01:28 AM
    Angry Birds
    Crush the Castle | Armor Games
    Crush the Castle 2 | Armor Games
    11-19-10 08:27 AM
    11-19-10 08:45 AM
    angry birds
    11-19-10 09:26 AM
    oh yeah, angry birds, a powerful picture and video editor, and a drawing/painting app.

11-19-10 09:35 AM
    Don't care too much about games for this. That being said, I do want this to entertain as well as interface with my company's enterprise environment.

Software (not just apps - to me that implies widgets, utils, little stuff) full blown that can be used within our environment.

I work in IT and want this to be able to be my primary remote device for on-call and remote work locations.

VPN, Windows tools, Linux (or *nix) tools, connectivity, security, wired network connection (WiFi access is only allowed with VPN and security standards set by the company for intranet use, WiFi for internet would be for only personal use). I would need to access MS OS's like Server2003/2008, WinXP and Win7 desktops. This would need to run Windows software (emulator?) and unix shell scripts without too much modification (standard KSH, CSH, Bourne, BASH etc.)

I want this to replace my Windows laptop for both home and work use in a mixed Windows/Linux/Sun/HPUX/IBM AIX environment.

Not asking too much, right?
    11-19-10 09:51 AM
    Perfect! That's exactly what I'd like to see... with enhanced content. For example, let me click on Andromeda and see some Hubble images, or even click on Virgo and get a horoscope (not my thing, but some would like it).
    I saw an ipad advertisement showing that and thought it was awesome, but had no idea how it could possibly work - i figured it was just some fake thing they did for the commercial. I would love to have an ap like that.
    11-19-10 10:07 AM
    Ebook reader like Stanza where I can load books I already have and not just ones I purchase like Kindle.

11-19-10 10:17 AM
    oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the Kindle app. Hopefully Amazon will port it quickly.
    11-19-10 10:48 AM
    I'm pretty sure when the playbook was announced they said it was shipping with a kindle ap.

I downloaded the kindle ap onto my blackberry months ago, and even though amazon said it wouldn't work with a bberry I had no issues - other than the fact that reading a novel on a smartphone screen is not a pleasant experience.
    11-19-10 12:24 PM
    I'm pretty sure when the playbook was announced they said it was shipping with a kindle ap.

I downloaded the kindle ap onto my blackberry months ago, and even though amazon said it wouldn't work with a bberry I had no issues - other than the fact that reading a novel on a smartphone screen is not a pleasant experience.
    thx. I've got Kindle on my S2 and it works fine. Now that I have a 4G touch, I tend to use that more for reading as the screen is so much sharper. However, I prefer the S2 for viewing movies, due to the deeper black levels.
    11-19-10 12:55 PM
    id love to see a proper full on sceintific calculator, not just the usual basic stuff, thats the kinda thing that i`lll find handy.

tweetdeck (already shown) would be awesome, and an image processing program kinda like they showed on the galaxy tab at adobe maxx, that was wicked
    11-19-10 01:19 PM
    open office, or full docs to go included, zen bound, an app that you sing into it, and it changes your voice like to tpain and gives it a beat... Paranormic camera, and an app that allows you to take 4 pictures of an object on all 4 sides, and so it makes the object 3D in your picture which you can spin around. Advanced Ebook reader, night vision camera, currency converter, ability to download HD youtube videos...

11-25-10 08:50 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD