Hey guys.. I just want to hear your comments on this subject and I must say, so looking forward for that to come to pass!!! Will we as users stand to benefit?! Will RIM stand to benefit?! Has this topic been discuss before?
    04-03-12 12:34 PM
    well the playbook can already run a lot of android apps
    and it is rumoured for bb10 devices too

we dont need ios apps
    04-03-12 12:52 PM
    IOS Is Apple and thus not open as Android is. Apple isn't that much into sharing any more since the Apple II series was mass cloned. This cost them 1st place.
    04-03-12 01:00 PM
    Only if apple buys RIM.
    04-03-12 03:09 PM
    Only if apple buys RIM.
    no! Apple won't buy over RIM... But its more like the possibility to sideload iOS app to Playbook or BB 10 devices will be exciting though!
    04-03-12 09:56 PM
    More likely to see the Playbook run CPM, or DOS. Wait we can run DOS! Personally I don't want to run ios or android. Would rather the developers work on productivity apps than games.
    04-03-12 10:51 PM
    I didn't get my Playbook to be able to run either Andriod or IOS apps. Nuff said. I like RIM's tablet OS over any other tbh. Just because it's a more smooth experience.

I chose my Playbook because of the media possibilities. Able to play a small game from time to time and to be able to browse the web full featured. It does everything it needs to and there are plenty of games available as i'm concerned. I've even made some videos on games as a proof of the games available.
    Last edited by EpicSoftworks; 04-04-12 at 02:53 AM.
    04-04-12 02:50 AM
    Unless RIM buys Apple, the PlayBook will never run iOS apps. But why do you want to do that? iOS apps are tied into the iEcosystem. Things like notifications and cloud services are hardly compatible with anything out there.
    04-04-12 05:30 AM
    IPad apps are designed for the larger screen, and that's what makes the tablet work better. A 7" screen needs a different optimization, that's something that android doesn't have either, not in a standardized way anyhow.
    04-04-12 09:19 AM
    That idea would destroy our consumerist society. Let's do it.
    04-04-12 09:29 AM
    IPad apps are designed for the larger screen, and that's what makes the tablet work better. A 7" screen needs a different optimization, that's something that android doesn't have either, not in a standardized way anyhow.
    Android doesn't have standardisation for any screen size, so it comes down to how well the apps are designed. Windows programs haven't had issues with scaling to different screen sizes or resolutions.
    04-04-12 09:08 PM
    Hello Everyone, I just bought my Playbook and absolutely love it!!!! One problem. I cannot find a program that will allow my playbook to print the document that I choose. Can someone give me a suggestion?
    04-04-12 09:21 PM
    What if one day, the few really important apps (for some people) get released for PlayBook and then people wake up and start using the Internet and stop whining about apps all the time. We don't need no stinking apps!
    04-04-12 10:15 PM
    Android doesn't have standardisation for any screen size, so it comes down to how well the apps are designed. Windows programs haven't had issues with scaling to different screen sizes or resolutions.
    Which explains why some/many Android apps look like crap on the Playbook. Windows apps work just fine in a window, but tablet apps need to be smart about screen usage. I've seen way too many windows apps that don't scale well at all. The way web pages scale on the PB is a good example of how good design would help. Too many controls, buttons, links are just way too small. I'm constantly having to zoom in just so I can hit the right link or button or slider.
    04-04-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD