The PB is a really handy device for me to take notes, but I found that none of the note apps in appworld is really "complete". Hence, I would like to share my view on the ultimate note-taking app, hopefully, a developer would find it interesting and build and develop an app with features like those I have in mind.

If there is an app like the one I have in mind, I would be grateful if someone could point it out to me..thanks..
    12-03-11 02:34 PM
    I think this would be awesome, but I'm fairly sure there isn't any sort of voice recognition api on the playbook, so for that feature somebody would probably have to write their own. Other than that I think that with some hard work a developer should be able to put this together!
    12-03-11 04:49 PM
    I think this would be awesome, but I'm fairly sure there isn't any sort of voice recognition api on the playbook, so for that feature somebody would probably have to write their own. Other than that I think that with some hard work a developer should be able to put this together!
    There is currently no voice to text api on PB but I have no doubt that there is existing C++ code that could be ported - NDK developers know more about this than I. But I thought you might be interested in looking at iSpeech Translator (free in App World) which uses a cloud-based speech to text engine. If you set both the input and output languages to "English" you can speak into the microphone and see it written out as text.
    12-03-11 05:06 PM
    iOS has a fantastic note taking app called SoundNote. If they had that for the PB I wouldn't need my iPad anymore. Key parts to it need to be record sound and have it sync with what your typing or writing so you can always just click on the text and have it seek to the audio portion as it was recording. It should also have the ability to send to dropbox or email when done. I have seen some nice ones but none yet that work in portrait mode. kinda hard too type in landscape unless you peck at it.
    12-03-11 05:22 PM
    id settle right now for a good notetaking app that worked in portrait and allowed hand sketches on the notepad.
    12-03-11 05:22 PM
    i almost had my mother buying an iPad if it could have either voice to text app or a hand writing reconization type app...seeing how PB doesn't and iPad had at least one that i know of she got that one
    12-03-11 05:36 PM
    id settle right now for a good notetaking app that worked in portrait and allowed hand sketches on the notepad.
    The Wacom Tablet has an application called Bamboo Paper which would be perfectly-suited for the BlackBerry PlayBook as it even supports the use of a stylus and allows freehand writing (converts to typed equivalent if desired IIRC) and freehand sketches.
    12-03-11 06:03 PM
    I'd love to see something like Notes Plus for iPad.. That is the one iPad app that gives me iPad envy..

Notes Plus

I don't even care that much about voice capability. I just want the vector shapes and the zoomed in writing box that keeps your text from being so huge when you're writing..
    12-03-11 06:41 PM
    I'd love to see something like Notes Plus for iPad.. That is the one iPad app that gives me iPad envy..

Notes Plus

I don't even care that much about voice capability. I just want the vector shapes and the zoomed in writing box that keeps your text from being so huge when you're writing..
    the noteplus is what I have in mind for the drawing and text note, it could recognize shapes and "autocorrect" them, it's really awesome. it would be nicer if it could also autocorrect the chart. Those features would allow for easy flowcharting and easy charting(bars, pies, etc)

Besides that, we should also be able to interact with audio/video/image that we take with the PB. It would provide us with a richer note, makes it easier for us to create meeting/classroom notes (dictation and annotating on pictures, videos).

if there is an app like this, it would be like having onenote on steroids for the pb.
    12-03-11 07:28 PM
    I agree with what you;re looking for...

But I think it needs to go farther, and that all tablets are missing this most obvious of things. They need to have three input options in ALL apps:

Voice (as in voice control and voice to text)
    Pen/Finger/Stylus (drawing/writing to vector graphics/text)
    and the keyboard for typing...

Those combined with the synched "cloud" and most notes apps like Evernote, or Notesplus etc... would give us a truly useful tool instead of a gadget that happens to sometimes be useful.
    02-02-12 01:17 PM
    I am using microsoft one note for meetings on an iPad. I keep looking at my playbook but what I need is the ability to type notes and then mail them to my team on the spot. The playbook size is perfect for this and I would switch in a min if this capability exsisted.

I am very hopeful one of the note apps will add the ability to directly email notes with 2.0.
    02-19-12 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD