After seeing the release of snes it really got me excited and thinking, what other emulators could run on the playbook?
    01-31-12 12:50 PM
    The current ones in the CrackBerry Forums are DOSBox (DOS), FCEUX (N64 I think), and VBAm (GBA/GBC/GB, but still very beta)
    01-31-12 12:54 PM
    any emulator is theoretically possible as long as the playbook's hardware can support it and in the case of porting, c source code is available.
    01-31-12 12:56 PM
    The current ones in the CrackBerry Forums are DOSBox (DOS), FCEUX (N64 I think), and VBAm (GBA/GBC/GB, but still very beta)

close but, fceux is NES

we have

SCummVM
    DOSbox - DOS
    VBAmpb - gba, gbc, gb
    FCEUXpb - NES
    Snes9x-pb - SNES
    Hugo - hugo/ pc engine/ turbo gfx 16

and quake 3 released for pb and u can download modded/ custom maps
    Last edited by sushistew; 01-31-12 at 04:30 PM.
    01-31-12 02:47 PM
    n64 and psx emulation should not be a problem for the hardware at all, they just need some time and effort put in by someone or a group of someones to get it done.
    zethaaron and f1mx like this.
    01-31-12 03:02 PM
    Also, I just saw something in the forums today about ScummVM having been submitted to App World. I'm not entirely sure what it is but it seems awesome.
    01-31-12 04:02 PM
    Which of those emulators are bug-free/playable? Probably a better question to ask.
    01-31-12 04:24 PM
    scummvm was updated, add that to the master list as well, lol
    01-31-12 04:27 PM
    Which of those emulators are bug-free/playable? Probably a better question to ask.
    Fceux and Snes9x-pb work very well. The VBampb emulator is coming along but I couldn't really say it's bug free. Dosbox works pretty well depending on the game.
    01-31-12 04:52 PM
    Where can I get a working nes emulator for the pb? Ive tried converting several android nes emulators and non seem to run, 2 of them start up but wont play any games.
    02-28-12 12:05 AM
    Many of the current emulators are very nice (SNES, MD, NES, TG16) and it is kind of backward in a way that the emulators quality are excellent but the interface is lacking. Usually, it is the other way around. With a solid file manager/rom selector these would be that much better. Still, try them as they are really top notch. A Mame port with proper game selection and controls would be a killer app for the PB. I am very interested to see Mame performance personally.
    02-28-12 01:51 AM
    I would welcome any sort of Amiga emulation. Saw some videos of UAE that had been ported onto 'droid hardware and running a variety of Amiga games. Bring it on.
    02-28-12 11:31 AM
    Where can I get a working nes emulator for the pb? Ive tried converting several android nes emulators and non seem to run, 2 of them start up but wont play any games.
    try here
    02-28-12 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD