what do you use your playbook for?

i like to use it for media and the occasional web browsing but hopefully when 2.0 comes comes out ill use it more then my laptop
    01-22-12 10:48 PM
    In order: books; comic books; movies/TV shows on the go (particularly on the treadmill at the gym); light web browsing; games.

What I don't use my Playbook for: camera or music. I prefer my BB phone for those. I use both interchangeably for instant messaging and task organizing.
    01-22-12 11:14 PM
    I use mine for directions, reviews, crackberry.com, development, web browsing, music@work, movies(workout-tversity&playon) games, taking notes in meetings and playing games. Business as usual stuff.

Edit:. Did I say games twice?
    Last edited by KermEd; 01-23-12 at 12:06 AM.
    01-23-12 12:03 AM
    mostly web browsing while in bed and on the go.

games when killing time on the go.
    01-23-12 12:11 AM
    in no particular order:

while on the throne, couch, bed
    play games, surf net, listen to music
    surf net while mobile and no wifi
    and i sometimes hook it up to my 55" tv

plus i keep a backup of my usb stick and some other stuff on it - 64gig ftw.
    01-23-12 12:12 AM
    browse,slack,games,tv,bridge.the ipad would serve the same purpose if i had one but the camera would be used more and hooking it to hdtv would be a more pleasing experience.the pb just seems more oriented for hooked up powerpoint presentations in business meetings.though many can disagree on this.could go either way.thats why there are more than one tablet on the market.
    01-23-12 12:31 AM
    Usually I use my PlayBook for web browsing, twitter, facebook, Alarm Clock, and last but not least games. Lately I really have delved into using the power of the HDMI port, by downloading seasons of Sons Of Anarchy and connecting it to my tv... I think this is a huge poynt in my infatuation with my Playbook. Oh and the pun was definitely intended.
    01-23-12 03:39 AM
    Movies and games mostly...and for showing off cool gestures in front of my android friends...
    01-23-12 04:29 AM
    80% - reading books
    16% - browsing tinterwebs
    04% - games
    01-23-12 04:54 AM
    Tracking my blood pressure, reading books, reading magazine (after zinio gets release), editing documents, videos, music, pictures, browser and the ocassional games.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-23-12 05:03 AM
    So far it has pretty much replaced my PC and clunky laptop lol been spending a lot more time away from my desktop which is a nice change. I get surprised more and more by QNX. If they manage to add DLNA and some more integration with the desktop (2 way file transfers and such) I will be one happy camper.
    01-23-12 01:42 PM
    Games, browsing, reading/sending e-mails (far more confortable than my curve imo)..sometimes i just find myself opening tons of apps just to enjoy the multi-tasking experience (am I the only one?:|)
    01-23-12 01:52 PM
    In no particular order:
    - Watch conferences, TV Shows and Movies
    - Make notes
    - Write essays
    - Sync above using Dropbox (BlueBox app)
    - Present using Slide show 2 go
    - Use the camera and video recorder - I am always surprised by the quality of captures
    - Browser - twitter mobile page is awesome for the PlayBook
    - Games
    01-23-12 03:11 PM
    For the most part, I use it the same way I do my computer or phone. They are all mostly interchangeable. I'll use the one that's best for the task at hand or is the most convenient at the time. With the exception of games. I love gaming on the PB.

My wife is currently addicted to the Police Scanner app on hers. It was a little odd that my freshman son asked how he could get it for his BB... What are you planning?
    01-23-12 03:53 PM
    I use it for email. I no longer read, respond or write emails on my Blackberry. I use it constantly for reading. for surfing the web @ 30% of the time and occaisionally to watch a video. Oh and once in a while to play a game. I also use Blackberry News to get much of my news.
    01-23-12 05:45 PM
    i just got mine over the weekend, still learning what i like about it. I just tried the brigde (pretty sweet) i listen to alot of music and post alot to my twitter and blog (fashion design post)
    01-23-12 11:16 PM
    i just got mine over the weekend, still learning what i like about it. I just tried the brigde (pretty sweet) i listen to alot of music and post alot to my twitter and blog (fashion design post)
    Heres a little tip that took me 2 weeks to find on my PB. You can browse your BB phone from your playbok using the Docs OTG app. Plays music on PB from phone over BT/wifi.

I was shoccked when I found it because I have been using air browser and never saw an option to browse my phones files.
    01-24-12 06:15 AM
    It is my go to away from home device to keep in touch, email, surf and everything else I might need to do when out and about. I hardly use my phone at all except for calls.
    01-24-12 06:46 AM
    Heres a little tip that took me 2 weeks to find on my PB. You can browse your BB phone from your playbok using the Docs OTG app. Plays music on PB from phone over BT/wifi.

I was shoccked when I found it because I have been using air browser and never saw an option to browse my phones files.
    Looked up docs otg in app world no dice
    01-29-12 12:18 PM
    Looked up docs otg in app world no dice
    I think they meant dtg docs to go that comes with it.
    01-29-12 12:26 PM
    emails
    document editing
    browsing
    games
    media
    01-29-12 12:41 PM
    I use my PlayBook for web browsing, viewing media, checking Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking sites when i am not near my laptop, reading e-books, listening to music, playing games, and recording my voice for podcasts because the sound quality is really great.

I use my BB phone for everything else, taking pictures and videos etc..
    01-29-12 12:46 PM
    Almost everything I used to do on my Laptop I do on my Playbook now. It's been handy portable and quite the attention grabber.

Sure, I get the haters attention too, but it's all worth it to see people not impressed by the "immature " who's trying to take a dump on my tablet of choice.
    01-29-12 01:20 PM
    Nenoo I am sorry about starting the poll about what you use your playbook for! I didn't see this in here until now! :s
    01-30-12 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD