X-Plane 10
    -hands down it would look best on the hi-res screen of the Playbook.
    12-13-11 02:38 PM
    It amazes me - or disgusts, not sure which - that developers seem to go out of their way to push their new apps straight to the iDevices, and sometimes to Android, while BlackBerry/Playbook gets nothing, or gets something much later. I understand it's largely a matter of market share, I just don't have to like it!
    Imagine you are a developer. You have produced your app. It costs you 20000 USD to produce it for IOS. You will sell it with 0.99c. How many customers will have to buy your app to break-even (let aside taxes)? Simple: 40.000. How many users of Ipad are in the world? 50 millions? then your 40.000 customers are only 0.08% of the market. Feasible?

Now, same scenario for PB. How many PB are out there? 1 million? Then you will have to sell to 4% of the market just to break-even.

You answered for yourself why the IOS is more successful than any other OS.
    12-13-11 02:48 PM
    I'm just tired of everyday going into AppWorld and not seeing any decent Apps. We have the same guy pumping out 5-10 ebooks a day, some shareware / homegrown looking crap.

I want more then anything some US publishers / broadcasters to put out Playbook content:

NBC (App, Today Show etc)
    ABC Player
    CBS Sports
    WSJ
    CNBC RT
    USA Today
    Comcast Xfinity (DVR)
    Hulu
    HBO Go
    Netflix
    Trip Advisor
    Open Table
    Webex
    Concur
    GoodReader
    The Weather Channel
    Skype (or something to use the cameras with!)

Games
    Angry Bird
    Temple Run
    Minecraft PE
    Cut the Rope
    12-13-11 02:54 PM
    Excuse my extreme dumminess, but what difference is there in a Twitter app and a website icon? It works fine for me the web icon on my PB?
    With the twitter website you can't easily quote tweets or receive push notifications when people mention, direct message, follow you, etc. Even when I'm on my MacBook I'd much rather use the twitter app instead of the website for a number of these reasons.
    12-13-11 03:03 PM
    I almost forgot, I have the iHud app on my iPhone that is a real time HUD display that actually works not only on land, but at altitude. I would like to see a BB/PB version of this. Check it out at iHUD a mobile glass cockpit visualizer for the iPhone and iPad
    Ah nice! To see if you leveled up or if your HP is low :-D
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-13-11 03:20 PM
    Ah, I forgot. Tango video chat App. Its available on iOS, Android and WP already.
    12-13-11 03:23 PM
    -SLINGPLAYER
    -MEEBO (or another free IM app)
    12-13-11 03:35 PM
    Pepid
    Weather Underground
    12-20-11 03:14 PM
    There's a number of Vegas-related iOS apps I'd love to see available for the PlayBook (I think there are Android versions of some of them.)

VegasMate (Never going to be an Android version of it.)
    Hotel Tonight
    Caesars Palace
    Monte Carlo
    Bellagio
    Aria
    Total Vegas (The Caesars Entertainment app for all of their Vegas properties.)
    Total Rewards (Caesars Entertainment's players club)
    B Connected Mobile (Boyd Gaming's mobile app for the members of their players club.)

I also wouldn't mind PlayBook versions of the MGM Grand and Wynn Las Vegas apps that are currently available for BlackBerry phones. Same with the Fly Delta app.
    12-20-11 03:59 PM
    I wouldn't buy an iPad, but I do admit to just a little bit of app envy...What I'd like to add to my Playbook:

* Zinio
    * Instapaper / Readability
    * Plants vs Zombies
    * Google+
    * Google Maps (I don't like the preloaded Bing Maps, and the web-based Google Maps doesn't work well on my PB)
    * Remember the Milk
    * Kobo - parity with the other platforms please!

(AppStore can keep the fart apps)

It amazes me - or disgusts, not sure which - that developers seem to go out of their way to push their new apps straight to the iDevices, and sometimes to Android, while BlackBerry/Playbook gets nothing, or gets something much later. I understand it's largely a matter of market share, I just don't have to like it!
    What's wrong with the Kobo app on the PB?
    12-20-11 04:28 PM
    The microsoft apps (skydrive, one note, bing, kinectimals, photosynth, etc), angrybirds, and skype. It would be nice if apple ported some of their software externally... like imovie is pretty cool, but anything for video editing would be great.
    12-20-11 04:53 PM
    The microsoft apps (skydrive, one note, bing, kinectimals, photosynth, etc), angrybirds, and skype. It would be nice if apple ported some of their software externally... like imovie is pretty cool, but anything for video editing would be great.
    I do a lot of photography, and would really like to see some comprehensive photo and video editing apps.
    12-20-11 06:04 PM
    Words with Friends
    Netflix
    Pandora
    Nook eReader
    Angry Birds

I am not all into APPs but I have to hijack my kid's iTouch to play Words with Friends or play on a desktop (via Facebook).
    12-20-11 06:27 PM
    Words with Friends
    Netflix
    Pandora
    Nook eReader
    Angry Birds

I am not all into APPs but I have to hijack my kid's iTouch to play Words with Friends or play on a desktop (via Facebook).
    Yes, Pandora
    12-20-11 09:28 PM
    Flight control
    And it's not a tablet without angry birds
    12-20-11 09:37 PM
    Calgon App
    Home App (for when I'm at work)
    Transporter App

Playbook has the Angry Apes App already.
    12-20-11 09:42 PM
    Zen Pinball <---it may be coming to the Playbook if more people contact Zen Studios
    Zinio <---its been "coming soon" to the Playbook since March '11
    Chaos Rings <---loved this RPG
    Chaos Rings Omega <--sequel to Chaos Rings
    3D Brain <--- neuroantomy that is very useful for college/university students
    12-20-11 10:27 PM
    i want the adobe applications adobe photoshop express
    12-20-11 10:34 PM
    I do a lot of photography, and would really like to see some comprehensive photo and video editing apps.
    And wouldn't it be nice to read that SD card from your camera into your playbook through the USB port. Yes. Yes it would. Thanks Santa.

oops wrong thread.. well I don't hang out in the Applestore...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 12-21-11 at 01:07 AM.
    12-20-11 10:42 PM
    And wouldn't it be nice to read that SD card from your camera into your playbook through the USB port. Yes. Yes it would. Thanks Santa.

oops wrong thread.. well I don't hang out in the Applestore...
    It would be much nicer if one could just "Blue Tooth" the photos on your camera OTA to your PB. Besides, an SD card slot on a PB is a security risk from my POV...think about it.
    12-21-11 05:20 AM
    You game playing cowboys can scratch Angry Birds off your list....yes, it's now available for Playbook, and you don't need to get that quirky, 2.0 OS to get it. Now, at your favorite web site, App World.

I predict the end is near now...those Mayan's got it wrong, it's this year the world will end, to be taken over by angry flying reptiles.
    Last edited by alnamvet68; 12-21-11 at 11:03 AM.
    12-21-11 10:51 AM
    GoodReader! If this was available I could stop buying Ipads and transition the company to the playbook.

Some others:

Kindle
    Netflix
    Weatherbug
    12-21-11 10:59 AM
    What's wrong with the Kobo app on the PB?
    for one, it won't let you sideload your own ebooks like the iOS/android version does.
    12-21-11 11:39 AM
    In my case, to be completely happy I miss Tapatalk applications and TuneIn radio. Skipping the fact, and could use a decoder in the system update. Ogg Even though I flacc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9000 using Tapatalk
    12-21-11 11:48 AM
    for one, it won't let you sideload your own ebooks like the iOS/android version does.
    Trust you to find fault at every opportune...newsflash, the OS on PB is not iOS/Android.
    12-21-11 11:56 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD