why dropbox? i find blue box works quite well. i suspect we will see a bunch of these apps after OS2 final. think about it. once qnx is on the phones, the apps we have on the BB's have to be redone and just make a new ui for the playbook and boom, done like dinner.
    12-10-11 10:01 PM
    video editing software of some sort
    bquinney likes this.
    12-10-11 10:03 PM
    goodreader
    penultimate/notes plus
    12-10-11 10:05 PM
    I almost forgot, I have the iHud app on my iPhone that is a real time HUD display that actually works not only on land, but at altitude. I would like to see a BB/PB version of this. Check it out at iHUD a mobile glass cockpit visualizer for the iPhone and iPad
    12-13-11 06:20 AM
    We don't need siri

Netflix
    Pandora
    Songify
    Words with friends
    Regions bank
    BOA
    Chase
    Craigs list
    Twitter
    Saw 3D
    Ebay
    Ebay clasifieds
    Tv guide
    Forsquare
    Getglu
    AFV
    Kindle

Just to name the main ones on my bb and itouch
    12-13-11 06:43 AM
    no one mentioned Flipboard yet.
    Garageband or something similar.
    A better Youtube client - I want my favorites, channels.
    12-13-11 07:03 AM
    The wide variety of desired apps on the various wish lists really puts to rest the pre-launch claim that all you need is about 20-30 quality apps to be successful and the rest are not needed.

Variety is the spice of life.
    12-13-11 07:04 AM
    tChess Pro
    Scrabble
    12-13-11 07:17 AM
    My list, in no particular order:

• MyLifeOrganized
    • Angry Birds (all of them)
    • Dropbox
    • Kindle
    • Plants vs Zombies
    • Solitaire City Deluxe
    • YouTube (something much better than what comes on the PlayBook)
    • Directv
    • Twitter
    • Facebook (again, something much better than what comes on the PlayBook)
    • Reeder
    • 1Password
    • Flipboard
    • SoundHound
    • Zinio

Sigh... looking over this list I can't help but feel like I should just get another iPad.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 12-13-11 at 02:19 PM.
    12-13-11 08:39 AM
    Clean My House

I'm sure they have an app for that somewhere?
    I want my Playbook to Make My Coffee. So we need an app for that too.
    grant.palin likes this.
    12-13-11 09:09 AM
    We don't need siri

Netflix
    Pandora
    Songify
    Words with friends
    Regions bank
    BOA
    Chase
    Craigs list
    Twitter
    Saw 3D
    Ebay
    Ebay clasifieds
    Tv guide
    Forsquare
    Getglu
    AFV
    Kindle

Just to name the main ones on my bb and itouch
    Mystified as to why people keep asking for Twitter... it's already available for the Playbook... and I have it on mine.
    12-13-11 09:15 AM
    Because what you have on your PlayBook is a link to a webpage. What some of us want is an actual app. Really pretty simple, and if OS 2 brings a proper Twitter app, then that's one check mark for the list.
    12-13-11 09:40 AM
    Mystified as to why people keep asking for Twitter... it's already available for the Playbook... and I have it on mine.
    You are confusing a website with an app.

As for apple store apps:

Audiogalaxy (streams your music library from your computer to your phone from anywhere you are)
    Google music (hooks into your google music account)
    Air video (REALLY needed on the playbook. Media transcoding from computer to phone. Orb on playbook is horrible. That sonicair is nice but still needs lots of work)
    Hipporemote (best remote app out there bar none)
    Iteleport (easily the best mobile vnc client on any platform. Well designed, great usability)
    1password (secure app that stores all of my wallet information and syncs it across all my computers)
    Istudiez pro (used it when I was finishing up university. By far the most well designed organizational app tailored for school life)
    Reeder (amazingly designed RSS google reader. All apps on all platforms should look up to this)
    Facebook and twitter. Sorry but the playbook Facebook app is waaaay too barebones. I can't even view groups in it? And no twitter app is bizarre. I've tried all the free ones I could and none come even close to the official twitter app for iPad.
    Instagram (fastest growing lofi camera social all ever. It's addicting to use. They are finally making an android app as well. Very doubtful for a playbook version)
    Soundcloud. (Awesome app for all iOS devices. Thoughtfully designed and works amazingly)
    Flipboard (the very definition of tablet optimized media reading)

There are just way too many amazingly well done apps on ios I definitely can't name them all.
    Last edited by lynntarbox; 12-13-11 at 09:55 AM.
    12-13-11 09:42 AM
    I may have misspoken when I said I didn't need any stinkin' apps, but the truth of the matter is that there are several that I downloaded on my iPhone's that I would like to see for the Playbook.

It's no secret that Apple hires, fires, re-hires, and fires again many of the app developers for a variety of reasons, and I am quite sure some of these experts could be persuaded to develop for RIM.

Anyway, here's one of my apps, and if you all will, submit one or just two apps that you have purchased or acquired for free from the Apple store that you would like to see for the Playbook.

Camera+ by tap, tap, tap Superior photo editor tap tap tap ~ tasty bits for your iPhone
    One of the first things I did when I got my iPod Touch last year was to Jailbreak it and download lots of Apps... most of which I ended up never using. After bricking it I left it in its normal state... because I hardly used the apps anyway. I've already downloaded far more apps than I thought I would to my Playbook (free and paid) and I don't have a long list of wants when it comes to apps.

If you'd asked this yesterday I would have said:
    1. Monopoly (which I enviously watched my husband play on his iPhone) and
    2.)Scrabble

Yesterday Monopoly arrived for Playbook (Hurrah!!) and it is brilliant. Very happy to have Monopoly so soon after getting my Playbook.
    So the app I'd really like to see next is Scrabble.

Getting some interesting ideas from the lists of app wants though.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 12-13-11 at 10:42 AM.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    12-13-11 10:11 AM
    You are confusing a website with an app.
    I just never personally saw the need for a twitter app as what's there works for me as it is. But if it doesn't work for others I can see why they'd want a Twitter app.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 12-13-11 at 10:43 AM.
    12-13-11 10:16 AM
    Excuse my extreme dumminess, but what difference is there in a Twitter app and a website icon? It works fine for me the web icon on my PB?
    12-13-11 10:25 AM
    Excuse my extreme dumminess, but what difference is there in a Twitter app and a website icon? It works fine for me the web icon on my PB?
    I would say - none. It works just fine for me too. But I suppose I'd have to get an app I don't need to really be able to anwer that. Maybe one can do more wonderful things on Twitter than you can do by using the icon directly...

edit: I also rarely bother with the current Facebook app... I have my FB profile and fan page bookmarked on my PB and I just go straight to FB in the browser. Full experience, and don't need the app.
    Last edited by JiveGirl14; 12-13-11 at 10:50 AM.
    12-13-11 10:40 AM
    AcePlayer
    ORB Live
    DocsToGo
    Igo Primo
    Newsstand or a similar app where to buy magazines (National Geo, Times, Newsweeks, Forbes, etc)
    NFL app, to see live scores, plays, standings, etc.
    Kindle
    Cloud Watcher
    Skyview
    SWFX Trader
    Trade Interceptor
    360 panorama
    Banking apps

As for games, I do not play much but here are some picks:

Zombie gunship
    Galaxy on fire 2
    Infinity Blade 1&2
    Angry Birds Rio
    Where is my water?
    Cat physics

And the most important one:
    AppFree - tracks all price drops and freebies in Appstore. A similar one for Appworld
    Last edited by majorusa; 12-13-11 at 11:04 AM.
    12-13-11 10:40 AM
    In no particular order:
    Kobo (with feature parity for Ipad version - i.e. dictionary lookup etc)
    Kindle
    Splashtop Remote
    EasySignMobile - killer app for REALTORs
    Goodreader
    Sugarsync
    iSwing
    12-13-11 10:58 AM
    onenote, please.
    12-13-11 11:02 AM
    WhatsApp and IMO.im (yes, I know the IMO website works OK)
    12-13-11 11:56 AM
    Because what you have on your PlayBook is a link to a webpage. What some of us want is an actual app. Really pretty simple, and if OS 2 brings a proper Twitter app, then that's one check mark for the list.
    There are multiple Twitter apps for the Playbook - I like both Blaq and Blackbird.
    12-13-11 01:59 PM
    Yep. I'm aware. But I prefer either the official Twitter app or Echofon on the iPad, and would like to see one or the other show up on the PlayBook.
    12-13-11 02:06 PM
    I wouldn't buy an iPad, but I do admit to just a little bit of app envy...What I'd like to add to my Playbook:

* Zinio
    * Instapaper / Readability
    * Plants vs Zombies
    * Google+
    * Google Maps (I don't like the preloaded Bing Maps, and the web-based Google Maps doesn't work well on my PB)
    * Remember the Milk
    * Kobo - parity with the other platforms please!

(AppStore can keep the fart apps)

It amazes me - or disgusts, not sure which - that developers seem to go out of their way to push their new apps straight to the iDevices, and sometimes to Android, while BlackBerry/Playbook gets nothing, or gets something much later. I understand it's largely a matter of market share, I just don't have to like it!
    12-13-11 02:10 PM
    Yep... Zinio. Forgot that one.
    12-13-11 02:18 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD