I don't really get the android thing but how many new apps will come and how long will it take for them to arrive?
    02-19-12 03:23 PM
    I don't really get the android thing but how many new apps will come and how long will it take for them to arrive?
    You will see all the android apps once you upgrade to OS 2.0
    02-19-12 03:40 PM
    In the app world? Will most of the apps from android be available on the pb?
    02-19-12 03:42 PM
    You will see all the android apps once you upgrade to OS 2.0

I hope so as I mentioned in my other post I want to stop traveling with my iPad and when I upgrade to 2.0 I want to put the travel app I use on my PB.
    02-19-12 03:43 PM
    The pb is brilliant for pretty much everything but the lack of apps and email let it down but with os 2.0 and if they release a new playbook it will be a big competitor I think
    02-19-12 03:45 PM
    We ALL have to wait and see what Android Apps will be available when we get to upgrade to OS2.. there is no magical list of these.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-19-12 03:46 PM
    There are many apps already in AppWorld. They show up if you're on the OS2 beta. The developer must submit the app to AppWorld, so don't expect every Android app to be there. If it isn't, bug the dev to port it.
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-19-12 03:46 PM
    I'd like to see fruit ninja on app world
    02-19-12 03:51 PM
    Only the free Android apps will make it for now. I heard they have 1,500 apps
    ready for the OS2 launch and with 6,600 new developers this month alone
    the apps are gonna be pouring in pretty soon. just hope there's a few good ones.
    02-19-12 03:56 PM
    Same, there is some decent apps but no where near as much as the app store or android market
    02-19-12 03:59 PM
    What kinda question is that? You just have to wait and see. If androids apps your after then maybe get the platform that run it best. So no waiting and no disappointment.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-19-12 04:00 PM
    I heard that none of the Android apps will be optimized for a tablet--they will be scaled up smartphone versions. Any truth to that?
    02-19-12 04:11 PM
    I don't see why that's true if they ported android tablets apps that you play on the transformer and stuff?
    02-19-12 04:14 PM
    It all depends on the developers and how or what they ported.
    02-19-12 04:27 PM
    Android apps have been submitted to App World for a couple of months now and not just free apps. There is nothing to indicate that they are Android apps other than clues in the description or reviews. It will only be apparent when running them.

You can only currently see these apps if running the 2.0 beta. They will be immediately available to you alongside all other apps.
    02-19-12 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD