But suddenly I'm getting that flippin "ERROR ID 13000" again and this time it's not going away.

I did everything possible; Removed and reentered credit card, changed credit card, did it all again on a PC... tried again on the Playbook, waited hours for the changes to apply.... nothing.

It worked fine till this morning and whamo... 13000 slaps me in the face. RIM says its a known problem that they are working on, but as per usual they can't say when. I was offered a ticket number and I said forget it... It's never helped before.

Last time this happened, the workarounds worked and I was back in business quickly. Funny thing is I changed nothing in my App World payments at all..... this error just popped out of nowhere.

I'm usually pretty tolerant to issues like this, but after almost 2 days with no or limited BIS, AND being an orphaned RIM employee... My attitude is slipping.

For those unfamiliar with the error. Here is the RIM bulletin: KB27348-"Error ID 13000" is encountered when attempting to purchase an application from BlackBerry App World

max
    10-14-11 09:56 PM
    Have you tried setting up your payment options using a Pay Pal account with your cc as the funding source?
    10-14-11 10:50 PM
    Have you tried setting up your payment options using a Pay Pal account with your cc as the funding source?
    Trying to avoid PP at all costs. If it comes to that I will use it, but in the meantime I'm working around all my options. I just wish they'd get their act together over at RIM1.

max
    10-14-11 11:17 PM
    Ah good! I'm not the only user experiencing this issue!

Right after the global BIS/BIM outage I noticed that my App World purchases on my PlayBook were all failing (ID 13000). I have tried to delete and readd my credit card (on the PB and on my PC), yet I am still unable to purchase off my PlayBook (it even reached the point where I opened my credit card statement and copy pasted the address, name, etc off the bill to make sure RIM wasn't using some weird verification constraints).

EDIT: I just tried to add my PayPal account to my payment options through the App World website (on my PC) and I kept receiving an "An unknown error has occurred (EC)" message upon returning back to the App World page after approving everything through the PayPal portal (yet, I still received a "Preapproved payments plan with Research In Motion" email from PayPal). I ended up having to link my PayPal account using my PB. However, I still am unable to directly bill to my credit card without going through PayPal.
    Last edited by brgnewman; 10-15-11 at 01:21 AM.
    10-15-11 01:10 AM
    Aiya, just when the app store is starting to be good. Been seeing lots of new and quality apps added daily. Developers are going to think Playbook apps are not selling well because of this and they aren't going to make more apps for the Playbook.
    10-15-11 01:22 AM
    I experienced it a while ago, solved it by using paypal... it didn't cost me a thing, so, I don't mind...
    10-15-11 01:54 AM
    I'm usually pretty tolerant to issues like this, but after almost 2 days with no or limited BIS, AND being an orphaned RIM employee... My attitude is slipping.
    Speaking of "tolerant", I've reset my PlayBook a couple of times, download the latest available OS, 3X changed my BB email add, tried the "workaround" procedures with countless times, add another credit cards (I have now 3 CC and all working with online purchase except PlayBook App World), use PayPal accounts (already had 2 accounts and one is already working with another sites), etc... but still NO LUCK... I still cannot purchase any games and applications... and by the way, I haven't mentioned that I even contacted some of the developers and asked if I can purchase their applications / games online and sideloaded them to my PlayBook but can't do because of their agreement with RIM... and I've been doing that for the past 6 months now...

Does anyone wants to challenge that "tolerant"?
    10-15-11 03:40 AM
    Anyone called Rim? Ask for Mike...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-11 03:48 AM
    Well, day 2 error 13000, no change. I'll try the paypal route if it will let me without spitting out more errors.

max
    10-15-11 09:09 AM
    Well, day 2 error 13000, no change. I'll try the paypal route if it will let me without spitting out more errors.

max
    Yeah thats your bestbet. I got this error the day they updated thr BB App World servers. It worked great for a long time before. The only way i can find to fix it is to use a PayPal account. Which sucks. PayPal is not a bank and doesnt have to follow a banks hih standards or protect their customers the same way.
    10-15-11 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD