I just loaded some anime videos on the PB (with 2.0 of course)

All of them are MKV. But the PB can only play some of them?

But the weirdest part is, that I used Mediainfo to see the Audio-type... and all of them are AAC....

Then why can I only play few of these videos?
    02-21-12 03:45 PM
    because RIM screwed the pooch. They spent all their time redesigning a messaging system and forgot to overhaul the PBs media capabilities.

While i agree the new unified inbox and calendar app are nicem and im sure they are a priority for alot of business orientated users, the average joe just wants to use the PB as a media consumption tool.

I was really hoping for an overhaul of the video app and supported formats. Guess not though
    02-21-12 04:05 PM
    LOL at screwed the pooch. How inhuman
    02-21-12 04:13 PM
    yeah once the playbook gets the media stuff workng itll be almost the perfect tablet lol. wish there was a spell check option too lol
    02-21-12 04:29 PM
    Still waiting on resume feature for videos too
    02-21-12 04:31 PM
    I had an HD video which was supported before the upgrade (and still is... or should) that is now hidden in the video player as if it was unsupported. It's MP4/AAC :S
    02-21-12 04:38 PM
    I had an HD video which was supported before the upgrade (and still is... or should) that is now hidden in the video player as if it was unsupported. It's MP4/AAC :S
    Maybe that is why mvideoplayer stopped working in the latest version since it used to play mp4/aac files. I used a converter to android and it had worked in all betas but not in final release even after security wipe and reload.
    02-22-12 04:29 PM
    because RIM screwed the pooch. They spent all their time redesigning a messaging system and forgot to overhaul the PBs media capabilities.

While i agree the new unified inbox and calendar app are nicem and im sure they are a priority for alot of business orientated users, the average joe just wants to use the PB as a media consumption tool.

I was really hoping for an overhaul of the video app and supported formats. Guess not though
    2.0 isnt the end all be all, its just a step. 2.1 will come soon enough.
    02-22-12 04:32 PM
    Small update. I misspoke as after I hooked up my playbook to my computer I realized it had automatically deleted the file after/during upgrading to 2.0. I retried adding it, but it was deleted sometime after I opened the file (successfully) and closed the app. This happened twice before it stuck the 3rd time. At least for now. I'm afraid to open it until I can watch it straight through the end.

It's still very odd behavior to say the least and it was the only file to be affected like that.
    02-22-12 04:37 PM
    yeah once the playbook gets the media stuff workng itll be almost the perfect tablet lol. wish there was a spell check option too lol
    Spell check is already there in OS2.0.
    Check in Keyboard option in Settings to see that it is enabled.
    02-22-12 04:44 PM
    I have an .AVI that was supported on OS1 but will no longer play on OS2.
    02-22-12 04:47 PM
    2.0 isnt the end all be all, its just a step. 2.1 will come soon enough.
    From previous experience with the PlayBook, I find it more likely that 2.0.1 is coming soon and 2.1 will never come.
    02-22-12 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD