Hi everyone,

I've only recently found this forum after getting my playbook several months ago. In reading through many threads, I'm really impressed by the sense of community.

I really love my Playbook! So naturally, being a computer geek, I decided to build an app :-) Here's what it does and why I built it.

The app I built is called Web Videos. I often hear about youtube videos after they go viral. I thought it would be cool to be one of the first ones to see it before everyone knows about it. After doing some research I found a way to do that through a YouTube API and using the Adobe AIR development environment. Then I realized that there were many videos that I wanted to see over again, so I added the ability to track my favorites and easily play all of them continuously (sort of like a playlist of all your favorites).

Then, I noticed a great idea from another app for using the Playbook to easily look at TV shows from web sites of the big TV networks. I thought it would be really neat to be able to first see the latest viral youtube videos and then proceed to check-out the shows that I want to watch all within the same user interface (sort of a fusion between the latest and most interesting from user generated content on youtube and favorite TV shows)... So that's what I've added with the most recent update :-)

Hope you try it and like it. I'd love to hear your feedback :-) as I'm constantly working on improving it.

Thanks,
    Derek.
    07-06-12 11:29 PM
    Welcome to the forum.

Question: Can your 'playlist' function also play videos that are already on the pb? Folks have been asking for such a feature so that they can continuously play their shorter videos one after the other without having to do it manually.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    07-07-12 09:30 AM
    Thanks very much for the welcome!

The 'playlist' function isn't enabled for videos already on the pb. But that is an excellent suggestion. I will put that at the top of my list of features to add and will start working on it :-). Thanks very much for the feedback!
    07-07-12 01:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD