just though I post this up for those who don't know
    you can actually watch Netflix and Hulu on the Playbook.
    this app is free for 14 days
    $20 dollars per yearor $5 dollars a month.

-go to PlayOn lets you watch movies, shows, live sports and more from over 35 channels like Hulu, Netflix, Comedy Central, PBS on your TV with your Wii, PS3, Roku, Xbox, and more. | PlayOn (from your computer)
    -download the app to your computer
    -setup your Netflix and Hulu accounts on the app

set it up for mobile viewing

-Make sure your Playbooks is the same Wifi as your computer for initial setup.
    -open up your Playbooks Browser
    -go to m.playon.tv
    -all the accounts you setup on your computer will now
    show up on your playbook.

If you wanna take it on the road make sure your computer is on
    and the app is up and running or else it wont stream on your Playbook
    while your on the road.
    *DO NOT LET YOUR HOME COMPUTER GO TO STANDBY MODE OR IT WONT WORK ON THE ROAD.
    I'm running on OS version 1.08.6067 in the U.S
    I have tested this app and works on the road with your phones data
    or any available wifi.

ok added a video of Netflix working off my phones internet
    Last edited by llllBULLSEYE; 01-29-12 at 03:10 PM.
    01-22-12 12:34 PM
    this is bitchin!!
    01-22-12 12:45 PM
    on pb browser t says "stream not found null" any suggestions, mobile is enabled it is on and running on pc.
    01-22-12 12:52 PM
    make sure when you set it up that both
    the computer and playbook are on the same wifi.
    also make sure you click on enable mobile access
    on your computers Playon settings
    01-22-12 12:57 PM
    a couple movies and your PB is dead!
    01-22-12 01:25 PM
    a couple movies and your PB is dead!

Either that, 300-500 loaded web-pages, 15 hours of music, 4 hours of NOVA 2 HD on Multiplayer mode... All non-wall powered devices suffer from what you're claiming ... or do you suggest us not to use our PlayBook and let the battery die out by itself?
    01-22-12 01:31 PM
    This is wonderful info, but I wish I didn't have to pay more for a service I'm already paying for, you know? I wish it could be free like the Netflix app on my Amaze.
    granne2970 likes this.
    01-22-12 01:40 PM
    Yeah I feel the same smh
    I paid for 1 month $5 dollars which is good till Feb 17.
    I hope OS2 is out by then and Netflix is actually included.
    01-22-12 01:48 PM
    This is wonderful info, but I wish I didn't have to pay more for a service I'm already paying for, you know? I wish it could be free like the Netflix app on my Amaze.
    What about the 7.99 a month for Hulu plus? I think with playon and a pc you don't need a plus subscription. You would need a Netflix subscription though.
    01-22-12 02:00 PM
    Let me know if NetFlix really works please! I'll buy a PlayBook for my husband if it does!
    01-22-12 03:21 PM
    I noticed on the site, there is a (when I looked) sale for a lifetime subscription. $49.99 onetime and you get to use it forever.
    01-22-12 04:00 PM
    Let me know if NetFlix really works please! I'll buy a PlayBook for my husband if it does!
    There is no official netflix app but I guess this is some workaround for it.
    01-22-12 05:23 PM
    yeah it does
    just added a video I made so you can get an idea
    crackberryjill likes this.
    01-22-12 07:30 PM
    Once connected up what is the range? Will this work if hundreds of miles from home?
    01-22-12 07:31 PM
    so i did the steps that are described-including the addition of Silverlight --but on the playbook, it still asks that i download Silverlight and restart PlayOn .... and I've done thatbut still no love. Any ideas? thanks
    Spinalguy likes this.
    01-22-12 07:56 PM
    90% of the links do not work for Canadians. And forget about accessing anything outside your LAN.
    stakeda likes this.
    01-22-12 08:36 PM
    So this really doesn't work unless both the PC and the Playbook are connected to the same WiFi? That seriously limits its usefulness
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    01-28-12 02:03 AM
    Okay, so I just watched the PlayOn demo & I noticed that it said iPhone, Android or gaming console. Just to be sure... it will work on the playbook 100%? How many people have tried it? I have a Netflix & Hulu acct so this would be great...
    01-28-12 07:36 AM
    I tried it, and it does work.

I had some difficulty at first because my PC is connected via ethernet, and apparently it has to be on WiFi in order to work. Once I switched my PC to the same WiFi connection that my Playbook is on, Playon set up smoothly. I found navigation with Netflix via Playon to be a bit sluggish, but once playback started the picture was smooth and of good quality.

Unless there are further settings that need to be adjusted, this apparently does not work unless both PC and Playbook are on the same WiFi -- making it useless for remote access of Netlix. I can't imagine any scenario where I would want to watch Netflix in my house on a 7" screen when I have 2 large TVs and a large monitor to choose from, so I was hoping this would work beyond my LAN. That does not appear to be the case.
    Last edited by Crimson621; 01-28-12 at 11:42 AM.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    01-28-12 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the update. I was hoping that this would be a solutions for when I'm at my in-laws I could lock myself in somewhere if I get bored...
    01-28-12 01:41 PM
    check out the link of the video I made notice wifi is off.
    It does work without wifi using your phones data.
    Thing is your computer must stay on so the app can keep running.
    jchaters likes this.
    01-28-12 02:13 PM
    Well that's good news and bad news. Good, because I would like it to work; bad, because I suspect it's going to be a nightmare trying to figure out why it's not.
    01-28-12 02:48 PM
    I'm about to hit the end of my 14 day free trial, and the limitation of not being able to use this outside of the house had left me on the fence. Then last night, I found out that one is able to watch ESPN live on (oddly enough) the ESPN3 channel. This rocks when you are watching a game and want to go in the backyard or bathroom.
    01-28-12 02:50 PM
    I tried it, and it does work.

I had some difficulty at first because my PC is connected via ethernet, and apparently it has to be on WiFi in order to work. Once I switched my PC to the same WiFi connection that my Playbook is on, Playon set up smoothly. I found navigation with Netflix via Playon to be a bit sluggish, but once playback started the picture was smooth and of good quality.

Unless there are further settings that need to be adjusted, this apparently does not work unless both PC and Playbook are on the same WiFi -- making it useless for remote access of Netlix. I can't imagine any scenario where I would want to watch Netflix in my house on a 7" screen when I have 2 large TVs and a large monitor to choose from, so I was hoping this would work beyond my LAN. That does not appear to be the case.
    Turn on your computer make sure it stays on and doesn't go into standby mode.
    Now open up the Playon app on your compter.
    you can now leave your house and watch Netflix by
    using your Blackberry's data Bridged with the playbook
    01-28-12 02:58 PM
    Clever workaround, but not the solution I need.
    01-28-12 03:22 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD