Hey All,

I've had my PB around a week, and I'm seeing sideloading apps everywhere. I'm a bit of a stress-head and am scared about the device becoming fault. So, is there any way that sideloading apps voids warranty?

Thank you.
    09-02-12 01:27 PM
    Unless you remove the back to sideload an app you have nothing to worry about. You can always do a security wipe to start over.
    09-02-12 01:43 PM
    Sideloading is currently a supported feature, so it's not a concern. The only things that I know of that would potentially void the warranty are rooting or physical modifications to the device.
    09-02-12 02:04 PM
    Thank you both for your quick responses!

This seems a very good piece of tech!

Also, if I can ask another question (Sorry if this should be elsewhere)
    After charging, the back of the PB is warm. I understand there must be some heat and I assume this is normal, but again, I'm a stress head :P
    09-02-12 02:27 PM
    Thank you both for your quick responses!

This seems a very good piece of tech!

Also, if I can ask another question (Sorry if this should be elsewhere)
    After charging, the back of the PB is warm. I understand there must be some heat and I assume this is normal, but again, I'm a stress head :P
    Mine gets a little warm as well and I've had mine since X-mas with no problems in that regard.
    09-02-12 06:50 PM
    The way it is designed, the back acts like a heatsink. So it's good to feel warmth. Less on the actual chip!
    09-02-12 09:24 PM
    There's 8-10W of power being pumped through some rather thin traces and a few components on the circuit board just inside the device near the connectors... it shouldn't be surprising if it gets a bit warm in that area... that's a fair bit of power.

During heavy use, you should also notice it getting warm though that warmth may be centered a bit higher, just behind the logo, where the primary chips are located.
    09-02-12 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD