I use the same bbid and it pays off, apps that I pays for on my BB are now free on my PlayBook and viceversa, I bought a game on the PlayBook and now I have it for free on my 9900
    05-15-12 04:16 AM
    Just curious, have you checked the uninstalled apps on the PB?
    yes I checked and its not there on the playbook.

Suggest you contact RIM to sort out the problem
    thats what exozet asked me to do and is when all this crap was told to me (by RIM)
    05-15-12 07:09 AM
    I purchased Exploding Boxes on my Blackberry and can download it free for my playbook without issue, never encountered the issue you are talking about. You definitely don't need a second account but like others said, it might be the licensing issue. Have you tried contacting the Blackberry Support Twitter account? I hear they are pretty good. Also, when you get a new phone, when you put in your BBID it asks if you want to switch it to this device so that won't be an issue.
    05-15-12 07:15 AM
    hmmm...I haven't experienced this issue either. I don't have my 9930 anymore but back when I did have it and my PB I would use the same account w/o any issue.
    05-15-12 10:12 AM
    Well, called again and you are NOT supposed to use the same ID.
    He said you are supposed to have a different email addy for every device you buy from RIM.
    His words, not mine (and this is the 2nd guy from RIM support to say this today)

How many people use more then one email addy on a consistent basis? I have a couple, but some are work and most change every few years also. I have only one that is more then 2 years old.
    YES, that is partly true. You should have a different BB App World account for every handset you own. For example, 1 for your work phone, one for your personal phone. Think about it this way. I understand you don't want to pay twice for the same app, but think about it from a developer's perspective, If you only pay once and then "share" the app with everyone in your family, the developer is missing out on a bunch of potential sales. I understand iOS App Store has an agreement with vendors so that they can licence the same app on up to 5 devices you own or are in the same household. RIM should definitely work something out like this with devs to go in hand with the 10,000 for quality apps offer.

From my experience, the same BBID works on my playbook as it does on my torch, and I've had zero issues with it.
    05-15-12 11:31 AM
    I had this same issue with my PB when I upgraded to the latest update. I was using my BBID on the PB that I use on my 9800. Doing this I would get an error msg. 0003-0006 whenever I attempted to download an app from the app store on the PB. Talked to PB Support over two days, because my oroginal ID was created before APP World 2.0 I had to register with a new ID for the PB. Now everything works fine.

de

KD5YFS
    05-15-12 01:22 PM
    YES, that is partly true. You should have a different BB App World account for every handset you own. For example, 1 for your work phone, one for your personal phone. Think about it this way. I understand you don't want to pay twice for the same app, but think about it from a developer's perspective, If you only pay once and then "share" the app with everyone in your family, the developer is missing out on a bunch of potential sales. I understand iOS App Store has an agreement with vendors so that they can licence the same app on up to 5 devices you own or are in the same household. RIM should definitely work something out like this with devs to go in hand with the 10,000 for quality apps offer.

From my experience, the same BBID works on my playbook as it does on my torch, and I've had zero issues with it.
    BBID Also supports up to 5 devices per. The only issue is two Playbooks on one ID can not video chat.
    05-16-12 01:01 AM
    Don't know if this has already been mentioned, and if so then it is a refresh for some.

If you have a BB phone with an app world ID, you must use a different ID for the playbook.
    I just found out the hard way.
    Its no problem for apps that are just for one or the other, but some apps will only be available for one at a time.

I was under the impression that your BB ID was universal and would not change with new hardware purchased.
    I mean seriously, my email will not change and that is what I log in with. Do I need a different email address for every BB device I purchase?
    Makes no sense to me at all and to be honest I am a little pi$$ed with RIM right now.

The solution from BB support is to create a new ID and loose all the ones I already paid for. Ya OK

The app is Carcassonne by exozet.
    BB+PB combo can and always runs on a single BBID.

when you retire a BB handset, you can move your BBID to another device with no problem.

if you choose to run 2 BB handsets at the same time, you need a separate BBID for each of them and these BBIDs can be used to combine a playbook anytime you like
    05-16-12 01:33 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD