Don't know if this has already been mentioned, and if so then it is a refresh for some.

If you have a BB phone with an app world ID, you must use a different ID for the playbook.
    I just found out the hard way.
    Its no problem for apps that are just for one or the other, but some apps will only be available for one at a time.

I was under the impression that your BB ID was universal and would not change with new hardware purchased.
    I mean seriously, my email will not change and that is what I log in with. Do I need a different email address for every BB device I purchase?
    Makes no sense to me at all and to be honest I am a little pi$$ed with RIM right now.

The solution from BB support is to create a new ID and loose all the ones I already paid for. Ya OK

The app is Carcassonne by exozet.

Now they are missing out on a sale also.

Rant OFF
    05-14-12 12:34 PM
    i never ran into this issue and i can't imagine that this information is accurate. Maybe you need to speak with a higher level tech at RIM.
    05-14-12 12:43 PM
    Yeah I use the same for both without issue. Poynt for example, is available for both. If you can give any examples of the ones you ran into trouble with I'd be happy to try them out as well.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-14-12 12:47 PM
    I am using 1 BB ID for my 9800 and my Playbook with no problems
    05-14-12 12:49 PM
    same here. I use the same ID for both...no issues...I too have poynt on both.
    05-14-12 12:50 PM
    i use one id and i bought a compass app for my phone and it showed up on my playbook as well so this is a good thing to have one id if you ask me
    05-14-12 12:52 PM
    1 ID for blackberry and PB also
    05-14-12 12:55 PM
    yep one id for both, works fine for me.
    05-14-12 12:57 PM
    I have been using the same BBID since I bought my PlayBook.

I have not experienced anything like the OP describes. RIM even made it easier to 'hide' all the apps under your BBID that belong to the other device when browsing App World with either your BB or your PB.

RIM Tech support may be able to fix it for ya!
    05-14-12 12:58 PM
    RIM Tech support may be able to fix it for ya!
    they are the ones that told me this :headscratch:

Maybe I will try again and talk to someone else.
    I also have poynt on both, but that one is free, so maybe that is different.
    05-14-12 01:03 PM
    I use the same for both with no issues.
    05-14-12 01:09 PM
    I use the same BB I'd for both my playbooks and phone. No problems so far.
    05-14-12 01:12 PM
    I'm not sure what the problem is?
    Payed app on PB cant be put on HH, or vice versus?

I have a couple payed apps on my HH(solitaire, exploding boxes) that showed up for my PB, and payed apps I bought on my PB(fruits and ninja) that show up as available for my HH.

I believe this is an option the DEV has to add in the app.

2 devices one BBID.
    Last edited by homer1475; 05-14-12 at 01:16 PM.
    05-14-12 01:13 PM
    I've had a playbook since day one and signed up using my existing BBID with no issues.

This sounds like an isolated case. Try calling RIM support.
    05-14-12 01:20 PM
    I do seem to remember something about Tapatalk not being available for users who had already downloaded it on their BBs, but could not install it on their PlayBooks....but I had them both installed and no issues so....not really sure what may be happening this time.
    icq782443 likes this.
    05-14-12 01:23 PM
    Well, called again and you are NOT supposed to use the same ID.
    He said you are supposed to have a different email addy for every device you buy from RIM.
    His words, not mine (and this is the 2nd guy from RIM support to say this today)

How many people use more then one email addy on a consistent basis? I have a couple, but some are work and most change every few years also. I have only one that is more then 2 years old.
    05-14-12 01:26 PM
    For the record, I DID call RIM support and this app is the first time I have had a problem.

They said I should just change my BB ID. I had to ask if it would delete all the apps I already have and he said yes, that would happen. If I didn't know better and ask I would be real pi$$ed right about now. They shouldn't give that option without clearly stating that all other apps will not work after doing that.

sigh
    05-14-12 01:30 PM
    I use the same BB ID for both my BB and Playbook. I have many paid apps and have never experienced any difficulties whatsoever ...That said, I'm not sure you can have just one BB ID for multiple Playbook's ...
    05-14-12 01:49 PM
    Same here, i just have one BBID for both my BlackBerry phone and my PlayBook and i haven't experienced any issue's so far.
    05-14-12 01:54 PM
    I do seem to remember something about Tapatalk not being available for users who had already downloaded it on their BBs, but could not install it on their PlayBooks....but I had them both installed and no issues so....not really sure what may be happening this time.
    That's because Tapatalk for playbook is an android port.
    05-14-12 01:55 PM
    So, are you unable to buy on one platform, but not the other, or for neither? The difference with Poynt seems to be that it is listed twice in App World, one for BB and the other for the PB. I think the issue may be that the Dev for Carcassonne is apparently using the same listing for both versions. The BB version seems to be native, while the PB version is an Android port. The Dev may need to list these two apps separately like Poynt did.
    05-14-12 01:59 PM
    Well, called again and you are NOT supposed to use the same ID.
    He said you are supposed to have a different email addy for every device you buy from RIM.
    His words, not mine (and this is the 2nd guy from RIM support to say this today)

How many people use more then one email addy on a consistent basis? I have a couple, but some are work and most change every few years also. I have only one that is more then 2 years old.
    His answer would make sense if it were two bbos phones but considering it's a phone and the Qnx playbook I don't see why anyone should need a different bbid.

Could be RIM's policy to tell us to use two bbid because it's better for business that way.

Another thing...If I go to appworld on my pc and sign in, it gives me an option to select my playbook or my phone. Both under the same bbid. Why would they build this feature into the website if one bbid could be used for only one device??
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 05-14-12 at 02:07 PM.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-14-12 02:02 PM
    This is very strange. 1 BBID and is being used on Bold and Playbook, as well as all of the 9630s I went through. Purchased apps always showed in the App World. Definitely in for updates on this.
    05-14-12 02:05 PM
    I have 2 BB's and 1 PB, one BBID for the PB and one BB, and the second for the second BB.
    05-14-12 02:10 PM
    So, are you unable to buy on one platform, but not the other, or for neither?
    I bought if for my 9900. now when I go to app world on my playbook and find Carcassonne, its there but the purchase button is not.
    Its all silly to me. I only have one playbook (my wife has one but she has her own ID)

Like I said this is the first time I have had a problem with it.

Is there a way to download it and then side load? I may have to search this topic I know. A lot of work though when it shouldn't be.
    05-14-12 02:12 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD