Simple request... a nice easy to use spreadsheet programs where you can create or edit a spreadsheet and be aable to enter data easily (sorry, but Smart Office is a real pain), and where you can do relatively simple functions such as add, sum... and also SORT columns (no can do in Sheets to go).

Does such a thing exist?

If not, can someone build it. Please?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
    09-24-12 03:13 PM
    I don't see sort capabilities in Sheets To Go or OfficeSuite Pro or QuickOffice Pro. I think a good spreadsheet application would sell a great number of tablets! I think for now a netbook would be the best option. I have no idea what spreadsheet apps are avail for iOS or googOS. Hopefully someone else here can chime in.

Also everything I have looked at on PB has issues with rendering charts/graphs properly.
    Last edited by Glamrlama; 09-24-12 at 03:38 PM.
    09-24-12 03:33 PM
    I don't want a Netbook.

You're so right that a good, basic, spreadsheet application should be a necessity.

If someone builds one with just those simple, basic, functions, I'd make the first purchase!
    09-24-12 03:38 PM
    Sure would be nice to have a good spreadsheet program which would support multiple sheet references and all those good things. Also a better word processing program and a good data base program. Will be interesting to see how far Windows Surface Tablets go in particular the RT version. Meanwhile maybe some improvements could be made. Have to see what might be doable by working in the cloud on my N7.The Android apps seem to be much the same as available on the PB.
    09-24-12 05:37 PM
    I might have found two websites that seem to work fine on the PlayBook:

Has anyone else tried those sites?

Please let me/us know what you think!

So far I like Zoho Sheet... but, haven't played around much with EditGrid yet.

Lonnie
    10-15-12 09:25 PM
    Zoho (More Than 6 Million Users Work Online With Zoho) is an excellent online office suite. That would be my first choice. Numbers on iOS will do those things, but that won't help you on a PlayBook. Another option is using Splashtop to access a computer and run its spreadsheet.
    10-15-12 10:59 PM
    I use Zoho at our office and with my playbook. I will say that it is not ideal for a tablet as fingering your way around the page will jump and the keyboard will pop up at times when you do not want it to (may be able to change the key board settings on PB for this?). I have found the using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse make it much more manageable. The Bluetooth keyboard keeps the pop up keyboard out of the way and the mouse allows for better accuracy.
    Also - using Splashtop and my laptop is another great option.
    I agree that Smart Office and DocstoGo are not ideal. I must say that now that I have experience with them, the apps are more useful to me than when I first started using them as I have adjusted my habits to accommodate them.
    Still holding out for something better.
    10-17-12 09:42 AM
    I use Zoho at our office and with my playbook. I will say that it is not ideal for a tablet as fingering your way around the page will jump and the keyboard will pop up at times when you do not want it to (may be able to change the key board settings on PB for this?). I have found the using a Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse make it much more manageable. The Bluetooth keyboard keeps the pop up keyboard out of the way and the mouse allows for better accuracy.
    Also - using Splashtop and my laptop is another great option.
    I agree that Smart Office and DocstoGo are not ideal. I must say that now that I have experience with them, the apps are more useful to me than when I first started using them as I have adjusted my habits to accommodate them.
    Still holding out for something better.
    Or if you have a BB, remote control?
    10-17-12 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD