I want to make the most of my blackberry playbook

but i am very much disappointed by the appstore for PB

Please let me know few apps which works great and should be very useful

I just want to carry my PB and do every work with it on the go.

I need a good map app which should work well with the GPS (need it badly) - offline maps preferred

Purchased one map .. from skylab mobbile systems .. but not staisfied with it

also aa app which allows me to connect my PB to laptop over wifi network.

suggest me other apps .. which are of great value ..
    01-18-12 06:29 AM
    Your PB can already connect to your PC via wifi network. Go into Options and enable wifi file sharing. There are several threads here explaining how to do this. Your PB will mount as a drive and be assigned a drive letter in Windows.

Magellan Compass seems to be the GPS map app of choice on the PB. Not much in the way of offline maps, though.

As far as other apps, what has value to me may not have value to you. Do your research and try different apps to see what works best for you and your needs.
    01-18-12 06:58 AM
    I want to make the most of my blackberry playbook

but i am very much disappointed by the appstore for PB

Please let me know few apps which works great and should be very useful

----

suggest me other apps .. which are of great value ..
    Welcome to the forum. There are many helpful people here, and we love to answer your qustions about the device, but in order to get the best out of your PlayBook, you have to take responsibility for what you load onto your device. Not every developer is as dedicated to serving the customer's needs as I am, as you found out when you purchased the "online" app in App World. If you had searched this forum for the author's name, you could have found many threads advising against this action.

In addition, like you, many new users do not have the skills required to find hidden treasures in App World and so you ought to search for threads with titles with the words like "best apps" or "top apps" and you will find lots of recommendations.

With respect to your question about WiFi, your will find lots of assistance with this topic and many others of particular interest to new users:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    01-18-12 07:53 AM
    For more control over some files and also folders, there's the free Air Browser. For control between the pb and a bb phone, File Browser and Files&Folders, paid, provide more control and added features.

Battery Guru helps monitor battery usage.

SimpleBrowser (free and the PLUS version provide ways to fudge your user agent and get on more sites.

Poynt is free and helps find restaurants and other points-of-interest. No offline maps.
    01-18-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD