It doesnt look like there are any available in appworld yet. Granted it will be kind of lame without any type of filing system, but I would still buy it. Anyone, anyone?
    05-22-11 03:38 AM
    I use the Crackberry app on my phone, and was hoping that it would make it onto the PlayBook. Unfortunately, it has not. I don't have any hopes that something like that will show up any time soon, either, as the current development environments are likely not robust enough to handle the hooks that an app like this would need.
    05-22-11 05:57 AM
    as the current development environments are likely not robust enough to handle the hooks that an app like this would need.
    Thats pretty much it. I'm hoping with the NDK they will open up the required APIs to do it then I'll port Wallpaper Changer over.
    05-22-11 09:36 AM
    ...and this is my concern for the platform in general. The existing development environments are ok, but the NDK would be better. Unfortunately, the NDK is not due for gold status until late this year (and will be missing native UI development at that), and my fear is it will be too late in the game at that point. I hope I'm wrong, mind you, but I just have this feeling.
    05-22-11 09:46 AM
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it.
    05-22-11 07:01 PM
    6 months later... Any further developments on this, or signs of a wallpaper rotation for PB from a different dev?
    11-26-11 02:41 PM
    Thats pretty much it. I'm hoping with the NDK they will open up the required APIs to do it then I'll port Wallpaper Changer over.
    That would be pretty freaking awesome.
    11-27-11 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD