Introducing Walk n Type for PlayBook

Download Walk n Type from App World

Walk n Type allows you to type while viewing what is in front of you by using the camera!

Features:

v1.2 (current)
    • Higher camera resolution w/better performance
    • Compose email directly from Walk n Type using the current text

previous releases:

v1.1:
    • Use in any orientation of the device
    • Text input area scrolling/resizing is now smooth

v1.0
    • Built-in spell-check and sentence completion
    • Copy All shortcut - copies the entire message into your clipboard so you can paste it elsewhere
    • Paste shortcut - copy text from another application and continue typing with Walk n Type
    • Clear shortcut - clears the entire text area
    • Save on exit - Walk n Type will save the current text when you exit the application
    Last edited by thatsjeek; 05-27-12 at 09:14 AM.
    Mike_Luchia and kozmo68 like this.
    04-19-12 05:05 PM
    This looks useful however I'd want to try before I buy. Thx.
    04-19-12 06:10 PM
    Now we just need drive and type and shower and type lol.
    Just kidding thanks for your effort making a playbook app.
    04-19-12 06:15 PM
    appworld listing could use more screenshots
    04-19-12 07:09 PM
    I purchased it....just think the idea is cool.

Wish you could make it split screen when pasting in and out of other apps.
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    04-19-12 07:24 PM
    Update 1.1 just got approved and is up in App World,

I've fixed a few issues:
    * Text input area resizing is much more smooth (especially when keyboard shows/hides)
    * Walk n Type now works in every orientation of the PlayBook
    04-22-12 10:03 PM
    have this for my iphone... it is great!
    04-22-12 10:34 PM
    Is this app for typing in only a text or can you type in it with SMS ?
    04-22-12 11:18 PM
    Is this app for typing in only a text or can you type in it with SMS ?
    It's basically just a text editor that you can paste text from somewhere else (let's say an email) or you can start fresh with blank area.

When you are finished, you press "Copy all" and it will copy the text to the clipboard, ready for you to paste into a message or elsewhere.

The next release v1.2 (coming shortly) has a shortcut that will "Compose Message", which will automatically open Messages, compose a new message, and paste the text into the body of the message.
    04-25-12 12:40 PM
    Not trying to hijack the thread but if you want the same for your BB OS7+ then take a look at SafeText

Buy Safe Text - If you must walk and text - Download Safe Text - If you must walk and text - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    04-25-12 01:51 PM
    So you have to hold the Playbook up in an awkward position to make sure you don't just see the ground in front of you? That doesn't seem very useful to me - although I guess it will keep you from walking into a fountain or something like that.
    04-25-12 02:12 PM
    Yesterday they showed a video from China, I think. Woman walking down street on sidewalk. Then a square of sidewalk broke away under her and she apparently fell about 20 feet into the opening below. She was using a phone but I don't think she could have avoided it even it she had been looking.

http://www.inquisitr.com/224821/woma...n-china-video/
    Last edited by F2; 04-25-12 at 07:52 PM.
    jamespaulmuir likes this.
    04-25-12 07:50 PM
    Yesterday they showed a video from China, I think. Woman walking down street on sidewalk. Then a square of sidewalk broke away under her and she apparently fell about 20 feet into the opening below. She was using a phone but I don't think she could have avoided it even it she had been looking.

Woman Falls Into Sidewalk Sinkhole In China [Video]
    Yeah I guess there is an unspoken expectation that the ground won't fall out from under you!
    04-25-12 08:43 PM
    But wouldn't you just see your feet as you walk
    04-25-12 09:11 PM
    Just updated the original post with version 1.2 features and added (real) screenshots

Walk n Type now allows you to compose an email directly from Walk n Type using the "Send Text" button as well as better performance.
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-27-12 09:17 AM
    Lol! Not a criticism of the app, but shouldn't you just NOT type and walk (or drive!!!) at the same time?
    05-27-12 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD