I looked around in the App World for an app that would dictate your voice and turn it in to text but couldn't find any - has anyone come across similar apps?
    Something like Dragon for the App Store @ App Store - Dragon Dictation

My requirements are:
    1. Must be accurate... I expect one or two words to be misunderstood but whole sentences are not acceptable
    2. Must be able to store the text... ideally link up to Evernote

If anyone could help me I would be grateful. This is not for me but for my other half who is a primary school teacher.
    She will use Evernote to take pictures and videos of a child's work but an audio dictator would make the process a lot more efficient by simply speaking the captions of the pictures & videos.
    01-26-12 01:23 PM
    Relating only to your Evernote comment:

I like the Evernote app,
    BUT, their present app release does NOT allow it's PB use when you are off WIFI.
    I also had a problem with tether, but I am not sure if BB tether<>Evernote is possible.
    Per a recent email from Evernote CS, they know the problem and expect to update the app.
    Last edited by mandony; 01-26-12 at 01:32 PM.
    01-26-12 01:29 PM
    There are probably Android apps that do it. You might have to wait for OS2 and hope one is available, or download the developer version and sideload.
    01-26-12 01:35 PM
    Relating only to your Evernote comment:

I like the Evernote app,
    BUT, their present app release does NOT allow it's PB use when you are off WIFI.
    I also had a problem with tether, but I am not sure if BB tether<>Evernote is possible.
    Per a recent email from Evernote CS, they know the problem and expect to update the app.
    It is funny you say that - I literally just this minute e-mailed Evernote asking for an update whether this feature would be available for the PB app.
    Tethering works but as you can imagine, notes with lots of high res images/videos will take a while to load.
    01-26-12 01:37 PM
    Thought of an alternative since you are using Evernote. Add the notes via a Blackberry smartphone running Evernote and Vlingo Plus. Works perfectly.
    emtunc likes this.
    01-26-12 01:44 PM
    Thought of an alternative since you are using Evernote. Add the notes via a Blackberry smartphone running Evernote and Vlingo Plus. Works perfectly.
    Good idea! I shall suggest that - although ideally the PlayBook would be the only device to use as the 7inch screen is the perfect size.
    01-26-12 01:54 PM
    You could take the photo on the playbook, and annotate it on the handset. I just did it to two photos I had in Evernote, and it updated in seconds - actually I had to look at the photo twice to confirm that the note was added, as I thought it couldn't possibly be there already! I am not on wifi, just bridging via my 9810 using my 4G service (which incidentally has been terribly spotty today).

One benefit of doing it this way is that you don't look like an a$$ holding a Playbook up to speak into the mic lol.
    Last edited by RWD; 01-26-12 at 02:15 PM.
    emtunc likes this.
    01-26-12 02:12 PM
    I looked around in the App World for an app that would dictate your voice and turn it in to text but couldn't find any - has anyone come across similar apps?
    Something like Dragon for the App Store @ App Store - Dragon Dictation

My requirements are:
    1. Must be accurate... I expect one or two words to be misunderstood but whole sentences are not acceptable
    2. Must be able to store the text... ideally link up to Evernote

If anyone could help me I would be grateful. This is not for me but for my other half who is a primary school teacher.
    She will use Evernote to take pictures and videos of a child's work but an audio dictator would make the process a lot more efficient by simply speaking the captions of the pictures & videos.
    This would be a nice app, here you go developers here's an idea!
    emtunc likes this.
    01-26-12 03:22 PM
    04-17-12 05:50 PM
    Any apps to do this yet?
    06-07-13 03:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD