Hey Boys and Girls.

I have a libary of videos that i've converted from blu-ray and DVD on my pc that i currently stream to my xbox 360 and ps3s throughout the house. I want to be able to stream this content to my playbook.

I have the android app VLC Direct Pro running on the playbook and the VLC (videolan) player setup on my pc. I can hit the web console from the pc etc but VLC direct pro app can't see it.

Anyone have this working? If so what steps did you take to get it working?

Any other ways to stream video to the playbook from within the house?
    01-20-12 12:56 PM
    I am not sure of all the features you are looking for but you can simply install a web server (apache,IIS,wamp etc) on your PC. Go to the stock browser and browse to your PC website and you can click and stream all your media. The native video player shows up inside the browser and you can click full screen...

The limitation is that it does not play AC3/mkv etc, anything you can copy and play on playbook, you can play with above method remotely without copying.
    01-20-12 01:10 PM
    01-20-12 01:18 PM
    Both great ideas!!! Thanks for the ideas. Didn't realize the video player would pop up in the browser!

I will also take a look at SonicAir
    01-20-12 03:08 PM
    I am not sure of all the features you are looking for but you can simply install a web server (apache,IIS,wamp etc) on your PC. Go to the stock browser and browse to your PC website and you can click and stream all your media. The native video player shows up inside the browser and you can click full screen...

The limitation is that it does not play AC3/mkv etc, anything you can copy and play on playbook, you can play with above method remotely without copying.
    Ready to go implementation of this idea at this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-my-pb-687532/
    As said above, AC3 audio is the limitation as no transcoding is involved.
    Enjoy, Wolf.
    01-22-12 01:48 PM
    Sweet...

Currenty iis7 works beautifully with my files and streams them. All i had to do was enable iis and set the site up for directory browsing and away i went.

Its very fast as well.
    01-23-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD