App World just approved my newest app, Viewtube. If you love watching Youtube videos, you'll love Viewtube!

App Description:
    If you've wanted a simple, elegant way to view Youtube videos, Viewtube is the app for you!
    Check the screenshots to get an idea of what Viewtube looks like.

In addition to an awesome search function, Viewtube grants you easy access to the following youtube feeds:

Top Rated: This feed contains the most highly rated YouTube videos.
    Top Favorited: This feed contains videos most frequently flagged as favorite videos.
    Most Viewed: This feed contains the most frequently watched YouTube videos.
    Most Shared: This feed lists the YouTube videos most frequently shared on Facebook and Twitter. This feed is available as an experimental feature.
    Most Popular: This feed contains the most popular YouTube videos, selected using an algorithm that combines many different signals to determine overall popularity.
    Most Recent: This feed contains the videos most recently submitted to YouTube.
    Most Discussed: This feed contains the YouTube videos that have received the most comments.
    Most Responded: This feed contains YouTube videos that receive the most video responses.
    Recently Featured: This feed contains videos recently featured on the YouTube home page or featured videos tab.
    On The Web: This feed lists trending videos as seen on YouTube Trends, which surfaces popular videos as their popularity is increasing and also analyzes broader trends developing within the YouTube community. This feed is available as an experimental feature.

Music
    Movies
    Shows
    Education
    Sports
    News

Autos & Videos
    Comedy
    Entertainment
    Film & Animation
    Gaming
    Howto & Style
    Nonprofit & Activism
    People & Blogs
    Pets & Animals
    Science & Technology
    Travel & Events

Please note that Viewtube only shows 10 videos per category, except in the Search page where the results can be virtually unlimited.

Viewtube is only $1 (less than the price of a straw at starbucks, let alone a cup of coffee ), and you can get it at Buy Viewtube - Download Viewtube - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

If you'd like to see how it looks before you buy it, you can point your PlayBook browser to Index of /viewtube/ to see an example of my personal YouTube video feed; note that in the online version the search and other channels have been disabled, although the initial welcome/tutorial is there.

Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-06-12 at 12:31 PM.
    07-16-12 05:08 PM
    Thanks SCrid2000,

I picked it up for my YouTube viewing. Thanks
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-16-12 06:54 PM
    Thanks SCrid2000,

I picked it up for my YouTube viewing. Thanks
    My pleasure! I hope you like it
    07-16-12 07:34 PM
    What's the advantage of this over using YouTube in the native browser? Please don't think I'm scoffing at your app, I'm genuinely curious.

The YouTube website freezes up every now and then so a stable viewer would be very tempting.
    07-16-12 07:49 PM
    Hmm.. did you use the enyo.js for this?
    07-16-12 07:50 PM
    What's the advantage of this over using YouTube in the native browser? Please don't think I'm scoffing at your app, I'm genuinely curious.

The YouTube website freezes up every now and then so a stable viewer would be very tempting.
    Good question.
    Go to http://scrapps.org/viewtube on your PlayBook and see if you like this better than the youtube website
    The advantage of it is that it was built to be used on the PlayBook, whereas youtube.com was built with a PC in mind.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-06-12 at 12:31 PM.
    07-16-12 07:51 PM
    Hmm.. did you use the enyo.js for this?
    No, I've never heard of enyo; I'll have to check it out.
    07-16-12 07:53 PM
    No, I've never heard of enyo; I'll have to check it out.

Do it up, works beautifully on the PlayBook.. it's based of webOS branches.
    (Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack your thread either.. just looked like Enyo, was curious)

http://enyojs.com/
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-16-12 07:54 PM
    (Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack your thread either.. just looked like Enyo, was curious)

Enyo JavaScript Application Framework
    Wow, that is really nice.
    I might have to add their youtube search to the app, that is really gorgeous. Thanks Bla1xe

Expect a free port of their Flickr app within a week, should be a extremely simple process.
    Now, back on topic lol.
    07-16-12 08:07 PM
    App World just approved my newest app, Viewtube. If you love watching Youtube videos, you'll love Viewtube!

App Description:
    If you've wanted a simple, elegant way to view Youtube videos, Viewtube is the app for you!
    Check the screenshots to get an idea of what Viewtube looks like.

In addition to an awesome search function, Viewtube grants you easy access to the following youtube feeds:

Top Rated: This feed contains the most highly rated YouTube videos.
    Top Favorited: This feed contains videos most frequently flagged as favorite videos.
    Most Viewed: This feed contains the most frequently watched YouTube videos.
    Most Shared: This feed lists the YouTube videos most frequently shared on Facebook and Twitter. This feed is available as an experimental feature.
    Most Popular: This feed contains the most popular YouTube videos, selected using an algorithm that combines many different signals to determine overall popularity.
    Most Recent: This feed contains the videos most recently submitted to YouTube.
    Most Discussed: This feed contains the YouTube videos that have received the most comments.
    Most Responded: This feed contains YouTube videos that receive the most video responses.
    Recently Featured: This feed contains videos recently featured on the YouTube home page or featured videos tab.
    On The Web: This feed lists trending videos as seen on YouTube Trends, which surfaces popular videos as their popularity is increasing and also analyzes broader trends developing within the YouTube community. This feed is available as an experimental feature.

Music
    Movies
    Shows
    Education
    Sports
    News

Autos & Videos
    Comedy
    Entertainment
    Film & Animation
    Gaming
    Howto & Style
    Nonprofit & Activism
    People & Blogs
    Pets & Animals
    Science & Technology
    Travel & Events

Please note that Viewtube only shows 10 videos per category, except in the Search page where the results can be virtually unlimited.

Viewtube is only $1 (less than the price of a straw at starbucks, let alone a cup of coffee ), and you can get it at Buy Viewtube - Download Viewtube - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

If you'd like to see how it looks before you buy it, you can point your PlayBook browser to Index of /viewtube/ to see an example of my personal YouTube video feed; note that in the online version the search and other channels have been disabled, although the initial welcome/tutorial is there.

Am I able to log in and view my own uploads with this app? If that's the case it's sold. If not, can you add that feature?
    07-16-12 09:16 PM
    Good question.
    Go to http://scrapps.tk/viewtube on your PlayBook and see if you like this better than the youtube website
    The advantage of it is that it was built to be used on the PlayBook, whereas youtube.com was built with a PC in mind.
    Ah I see what you're getting at! Much nicer interface. Should have checked that before posting
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-16-12 09:19 PM
    Well done scrid. Another keeper. This is excellent.

Thankyou
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    07-16-12 09:39 PM
    Am I able to log in and view my own uploads with this app? If that's the case it's sold. If not, can you add that feature?
    The search feature in the update I'm about to make will let you search your username and display your videos.
    Currently, that feature is not supported.
    07-17-12 12:07 AM
    Does the app support logging in to your Google account and view your favorites and own videos etc.?
    07-17-12 07:11 AM

Enyo JavaScript Application Framework
    Based on the screenshots, that don't look like enyo for me and I'm developing in enyo for nearly a year. :-)

Cheers,
    Sven
    07-17-12 08:21 AM
    Can you watch some music videos on the app? on the official youtube one you cant because of advertisements therefore you have to watch it the browser.
    07-17-12 08:34 AM
    You can't watch some music videos because youtube blocks you from viewing vimeo content (probably to prevent downloading the music from them).
    07-17-12 09:03 AM
    Updated the search and pushed the update to App World.
    07-18-12 01:50 AM
    With the update can you log on to your own account and view your uploaded videos? Searching by username isn't quite the same.
    07-18-12 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD