Has anyone here managed to get ViewRanger working on their PlayBook?

I've got it installed but I can't see any maps. It says downloading but doesn't actualy draw anything.

Am I missing something?

Is it easy to download a full map to the PlayBook?

Thanks.
    10-09-12 05:42 AM
    Pull down the top menu, select Organizer, select maps, select online maps, choose one of the free online maps and view it.
    Use the Bing maps first as they are accurate. I find the Open Street maps have errors, you may be luckier.
    If things seem somewhat blank then tap the screen and zoom out.

I sideloaded this before I saw it in appworld so there may be a difference.. maybe.
    And FWIW, I did buy the Canadian topo map access from Viewranger website. Works perfectly.
    10-09-12 09:26 AM
    I have the full UK set of maps and have no issues. I even bought one online via the PB and it worked a treat. The app is great, but will lose the GPS if the screen goes off
    10-09-12 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the info guys.

I found out why the screen was blue: I had no GPS fix and I was in the middle of the Atlantic!

Got it working but I think I'll have to start saving my pennies for the downloadable maps as coverage ahere is next to useless so I won't be able to use it bridged.
    10-09-12 01:23 PM
    Yes, having the screen go off is it's biggest hangup. Not too crazy about the bing logos on the sat maps either.
    10-10-12 09:59 AM
    I've managed cache an OSM map using MOBAC, but as mentioned, these aren't great.

Has anyone managed to make a map that's anything like an OS map?
    10-14-12 11:45 AM
    I've managed cache an OSM map using MOBAC, but as mentioned, these aren't great.

Has anyone managed to make a map that's anything like an OS map?
    You mean like OSMAND? Available on Playbook.
    10-14-12 07:29 PM
    I bought the canadian topo map set. there were an awful lot of clicks via a combo of browser and app menus, but he maps work just fine and look great. very pleased.
    10-14-12 10:29 PM
    I tried that, I couldn't see any great difference to ViewRanger.
    10-15-12 01:57 AM
    I also sideloaded LATITUDE and it's driving maps are relatively new and accurate unlike Osmand, google maps and Magellan compass which all use the Open street maps for directions.
    Some people reported gps signal loss with it. I dunno, never used it for actual driving. Free though so probably worth a try if you're into sideloading.
    Magellan compass would be the best IF and WHEN they fix the need for OSM and stick with MapQuest maps for navigation.
    10-15-12 08:19 AM
    Sorry, just in case there was any confusion, when I say OS, I mean Ordnance Survey (Topographic) maps.
    10-15-12 01:50 PM