So it appears that we cannot view HTML files on PlayBook without any apps. Also, I didnt find any free options even for the simplest HTML viewer.. This is one of the things that make one feel like jumping ship... Any good suggestions on any apps or work around for this?
    10-29-12 10:08 PM
    I have no idea how you managed to come to that conclusion. HTML files can be download and view by using the basic file:/// command in the browser or, if you're looking to edit the files:

Codeanywhere - BlackBerry App World
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...36341/?lang=en
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...78977/?lang=en
    KermEd and Sriman like this.
    10-29-12 10:19 PM
    Ghost Commander, free in app world, has an internal text viewer that will open HTML files.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-29-12 10:20 PM
    So it appears that we cannot view HTML files on PlayBook without any apps. Also, I didnt find any free options even for the simplest HTML viewer.. This is one of the things that make one feel like jumping ship... Any good suggestions on any apps or work around for this?
    TextEdit is available through BlackBerry AppWorld. Unless by HTML editor you mean something akin to Dreamweaver or BlueFish, in which case Code Editor and FTP Client for Blackberry Playbook (https://codeanywhere.net/code-editor...berry-playbook) is available as an application.
    10-30-12 12:00 AM
    Codemaster
    Sriman likes this.
    10-30-12 02:45 AM
    Not only can the Browser view html files but it can also view TXT files using the file: command shown above. Also jpg's.

I have my own Homepage in html for the Browser (and for SimpleBrowser+ and SecureBrowser) and they all open to it and all of the links work.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-30-12 10:23 AM
    Not only can the Browser view html files but it can also view TXT files using the file: command shown above. Also jpg's.

I have my own Homepage in html for the Browser (and for SimpleBrowser+ and SecureBrowser) and they all open to it and all of the links work.
    I have no idea how you managed to come to that conclusion. HTML files can be download and view by using the basic file:/// command in the browser or, if you're looking to edit the files:

Codeanywhere - BlackBerry App World
    Buy HTML Viewer - Download HTML Viewer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Free Ghost Commander file manager - Download Ghost Commander file manager - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Thanks for your responses.. I didn't know that the browser can open HTML files.. The stock file manager app doesn't show the HTML files in the documents tab..Guess it should be fixed to to show HTML files there...
    10-30-12 12:15 PM
    All browsers can open html files.. That's pretty much their job
    I use it to even open my .txt files at times.. Air browser seems to be very painful while using copy paste..
    10-30-12 12:36 PM
    All browsers can open html files.. That's pretty much their job
    Agreed.. But there should be a way (a file explorer) to browse thru available files and select the ones we want to open. Typing the full path of the file in the browser is not the best user experience.. Wish the file manager would do better than what it does now in BB10..
    10-30-12 12:53 PM
    Agreed.. But there should be a way (a file explorer) to browse thru available files and select the ones we want to open. Typing the full path of the file in the browser is not the best user experience.. Wish the file manager would do better than what it does now in BB10..
    Actually, you only need to type:

file:

or

file:///

(I should add, also, that in SimpleBrowser+, in a Tab where I have flash/javascript OFF, it does not work but works in tabs where they are ON.)

And you will be presented with an html LIST of your pb's folders. You can navigate around from there. The normal pb files are in:

accounts/1000/shared

That can save having to try typing an entire Path.

(edited to add some more info and detail)
    Last edited by F2; 11-03-12 at 11:43 AM.
    Sriman and pickles#WP like this.
    10-30-12 03:57 PM
    Actually, you only need to type:

file:

And you will be presented with an html LIST of your pb's folders. You can navigate around from there. The normal pb files are in:

accounts/1000/shared

That can save having to try typing an entire Path.
    thanks a lot...didn't know this before... this will help me a lot...
    10-30-12 08:43 PM