So, video store is powered by Rovi, the same company that powers CinemaNow with Bestbuy... So, I figured, why can't I link my accounts? Emailed Rovi they stated the accounts cannot be linked and that CinemaNow purchases can't be imported into BlackBerry Video Store... Nice, thanks Rovi. Guess its time to pickup a bluray drive and start rippin my movies...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-23-12 09:43 PM
    Lol, I can't even get my movie to play!
    02-24-12 12:00 AM
    So, video store is powered by Rovi, the same company that powers CinemaNow with Bestbuy... So, I figured, why can't I link my accounts? Emailed Rovi they stated the accounts cannot be linked and that CinemaNow purchases can't be imported into BlackBerry Video Store... Nice, thanks Rovi. Guess its time to pickup a bluray drive and start rippin my movies...

Let's see: Cinema Now = Best Buy and Blackberry Video Store = RIM. Other than the fact that Blackberry and Best Buy can both go by the initials BB, there is not much else in common. Why would anyone think that two independent services would share the same accounts? If you want to sarcastically thank anyone, you might direct that towards RIM for deciding to start its own service instead of cutting a deal and piggy backing on someone else's.
    02-24-12 12:55 AM
    Let's see: Cinema Now = Best Buy and Blackberry Video Store = RIM. Other than the fact that Blackberry and Best Buy can both go by the initials BB, there is not much else in common. Why would anyone think that two independent services would share the same accounts? If you want to sarcastically thank anyone, you might direct that towards RIM for deciding to start its own service instead of cutting a deal and piggy backing on someone else's.

You don't understand... Rovi owns and runs both services with the same movies, heck the websites even look almost the same except one says Best Buy and one says BlackBerry... It's not that either company owns the content, they simply partnered with the same streaming provider.

For example, I can watch Netflix on my PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii... So I was hopeful that Rovi would allow me to watch the movies on multiple devices.

Last edited by rustmonkey; 02-24-12 at 09:17 AM.
    02-24-12 09:07 AM
    @rustmonkey The case though is still that Rovi provides the interface and movies and is basically a front end; but I would assume that each company gets some profit and Rovi gets some profit when you purchase movies. Now, this would create an issue for allowing you to transfer your video's as now Best Buy has made money on those videos. But you want them on RIM's store; RIM doesn't get anything out of this and it would be the same thing the other way around.

I am not sure about you; but if I were the owner of either of those businesses I would be displeased if Rovi allowed this. Perhaps Best Buy and RIM will eventually strike a deal to merge their Movie Stores together and you will get your wish. Although I would doubt this would be the case.
    02-28-12 06:47 PM
    Rovi customer service has now told me twice to go to CinemaNow to watch my Blackberry store purchases on my computer, but it won't let me log in. A third agent told me watching via computer is impossible and purchases can only be viewed on the Playbook. I'm still waiting to hear back from the escalation desk to verify and that was Saturday. I don't expect my best buy purchases to be transferable (though it would be nice), but even amazon and iTunes allows viewing on computers.
    02-28-12 08:11 PM
    Rovi customer service has now told me twice to go to CinemaNow to watch my Blackberry store purchases on my computer, but it won't let me log in. A third agent told me watching via computer is impossible and purchases can only be viewed on the Playbook. I'm still waiting to hear back from the escalation desk to verify and that was Saturday. I don't expect my best buy purchases to be transferable (though it would be nice), but even amazon and iTunes allows viewing on computers.
    Any news on the escalation?? I was searching everywhere online to find an answer before I buy a movie on the playbook.
    03-09-12 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD