Hey all so I don't want to throw everything in the same thread and figured this deserved its own since a lot of people are trying to get skype or some type of video chat. Basically what I think is going on is rim has locked the cameras out of the player. I don't know for sure so I am hoping this can help someone with programming knowledge to figure out how to unlock the video.
    The reason I think this is when i try running qik its says camera locked. Also oovoo wouldn't load the video but receives calls. I've attached both oovoo and qik for anyone to test.
    Maybe some devs can put their minds together and figure out how to unlock it in one place.
    10-19-11 07:54 PM
    i dont know why rim lock the voip calls on blackberry and playbook
    10-19-11 07:59 PM
    No idea mafia16 sucks for us but if you load qik you will notice it says locked. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get to video settings in a regular android device. Maybe if we can find the settings apk for the video we can unlock it. Its a long shot but worth a try.
    10-19-11 08:02 PM
    yes what u think if we go to the android central forums and talk with the developers there to see if they know sometime about this to enable cameras to playbook
    10-19-11 08:05 PM
    I am thinking if we can somehow see the camera settings in the player, maybe its a simple turn it on kind of deal (that would be nice and easy). I have the regular settings apk and have accessed that was unable to find anything about cameras. Need one that shows camera settings as well so might be good if we reach out to an android forum and see if they can get us an apk with access to those settings.
    10-19-11 08:19 PM
    10-19-11 08:28 PM
    These components are most likely "locked" because the support is not yet in place in the OS backend yet. They will not simply be unlockable, they are not yet implemented.
    Remember, it's a beta and still under development.
    10-19-11 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD