Hi,

Does anyone know of an app that will let me browse through the files of my NAS with upnp media streaimng capabilities?
    I'd like to be able to view my movies on the PB without having to download them first...
    09-05-11 07:52 AM
    have you tried Orb app?
    09-05-11 08:35 AM
    I just checked it on the appworld and it says I need to have a desktop application installed.
    On the android tablet I have I simply downloaded a simple media player that connects directly to my NAS and browse through it.
    It would be much easier
    09-05-11 08:41 AM
    easier thing to do would be to see if your server files are visible via an html list. ive forgotten what sort of file server is normally used for such a task. but it is possible.
    09-05-11 12:41 PM
    I can see them through the browser interface of the NAS but if I click on them it downloads them on the PB rather than playng them via streaming.
    Doese this mean that I might find a solution by installing something on the NAS that streams through the internet rather than installing something on the PB?
    09-06-11 05:55 AM
    when the playbook started shipping, RIM announced that they were "very" close to getting DLNA certification.

but since then days, weeks, and months have passed without a whisper on the subject. im not sure if it is delayed or cancelled.

and judging by how they have treated many developers of decent apps, there is not much hope of seeing such an application from the developer community be approved on appworld.
    Last edited by madoon; 09-06-11 at 07:01 AM.
    09-06-11 06:59 AM
    Orb doesn't look to connect to my Tversity server
    09-08-11 08:06 PM
    Not uPnP, but the closest thing right now, and it's good: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../55137?lang=en
    09-08-11 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD