Does anyone know of a video editing app for the PlayBook? I am waiting for the case/keyboard combo instead of getting a laptop, but my new start up company is going to require some light video editing for YouTube videos. Nothing huge, but enough to make it look like it wasn't shot on my tablet or phone. Are there any apps out or are coming out that would be able to edit videos, or am I going to have to wait for the Android player? Or worse case scenario, am I going to have to forgo the case and get a laptop. Thank you in advance.
    01-29-12 09:33 PM
    It'd be interesting to see a video originally recorded with a PlayBook, for its superior quality front camera, in the ipad2 movie editor.
    01-29-12 11:18 PM
    Usually the videos come out alright, but if you don't have great lighting then its all grainy, regardless of which camera you use (front or back).
    01-29-12 11:26 PM
    Well, RIM bought JayCut last year. Hopefully they'll have something for the PB soon (that's the idea anyways).
    peter9477 and rjedge54 like this.
    01-29-12 11:28 PM
    Oh greatwiseone, you are so .. great and, uh, wise.

Indeed: World's premier Online Video Editor | JayCut

That will look totally awesome from a PlayBook... when ready.
    01-29-12 11:34 PM
    Well, RIM bought JayCut last year. Hopefully they'll have something for the PB soon (that's the idea anyways).
    That is fantastic!
    01-29-12 11:44 PM
    That would be great. First OS 2.0 then JayCut. But hopefully Android Player will give us a lot more options. I have the Dev. Version of 2.0 but haven't sideloaded anything yet..
    01-30-12 12:03 AM

Hmmm...another potential 2.0 launch day app announcement and release??
    01-30-12 12:20 AM
    jaycut isn't offering its free service after 1/31/12. Maybe its coming to Os 2, if so, there is no need for me to buy a new laptop.
    01-30-12 01:10 PM
    Looks like we'll see something at MWC....

What else will RIM Showcase for BlackBerry at Mobile World Congress 2012? | N4BB - News for BlackBerry - forums, leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

"We’ll be speaking on the future of voice /messaging and maximising workforce productivity, showcasing emerging mobility concepts and applications, and have available a suite of senior spokespeople across the software, hardware, services and applications development sides of our business for interviews.

Please join us in App Planet (Hall 7) stand 7B42, where we’ll be demonstrating the power of BlackBerry 7, BBM Connected apps, and NFC in action. You’ll also see first-hand how we align constructively with our carrier partners and gain synergies from recent additions to the BlackBerry family: NewBay Software, The Astonishing Tribe (TAT), Jaycut and Scoreloop.”
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-30-12 02:13 PM
    Any news on this?
    06-11-13 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD