GREAT App. I'll abandon my vaio in the next trip. This one was the only reason to bring it with me. Be careful about Apple and your app. They could steal it.
    10usd for you.
    reelportal likes this.
    06-12-11 05:00 AM
    I have this on my Playbook and works great. ReelPortal, how do I get this to work on my wife's XOOM with 3.1. Does not appear to be in the market and website directly can't find webcam. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks for aa great app.
    06-12-11 09:50 AM
    @ettorwe Thank you for your donation! I know what you mean about Apple.

@dbow27 You're welcome. I haven't put ReelPortal on the official Android Market yet. I didn't want to disappoint Android users when they find out they can't access the front camera. But the software is available to download here (option 2):

Reel Talk - www.ReelPortal.com: Download - free software

When Adobe updates AIR for Android with front camera access, then I'll put it up on the market.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    06-12-11 10:37 AM
    @ettorwe Thank you for your donation! I know what you mean about Apple.

@dbow27 You're welcome. I haven't put ReelPortal on the official Android Market yet. I didn't want to disappoint Android users when they find out they can't access the front camera. But the software is available to download here (option 2):

When Adobe updates AIR for Android with front camera access, then I'll put it up on the market.
    Hey Reel... I really like your application. It reminds me of the old CUSEEME reflectors. Great job on bringing folks together, I know the big boys didnt want that to happen (they like their own orbits, and you just shattered it).

I have a couple of questions for you... whats the maximum number of users in a given room (think about latency). Is there any way I can permanently reserve a room without being on it?

I would like to have a place folks can just dial into.

Again I LOVE YOUR Application brother!! Keep up the good work.
    06-12-11 11:57 AM
    @tstrike thanks man. glad to hear u like it.

current limit is 5 persons/room. on the pc, u can join multiple rooms via the browser tabs/sessions. on mobile devices, u can't run multiple instances of the app, so u can only do 1 room. the 5 persons limit is due to current GUI design, which can change to accommodate more people in the future.

u can't reserve a room without being signed on. for now, to guarantee ur room is always there, u'd probably want to run ur own private server. but it wouldn't be too hard to change the server to have a reserving mechanism.
    KQ9 likes this.
    06-15-11 06:38 AM
    I have no idea why but I just don't seem to be able to get the audio to work at the minute. Video is ok but no joy with sound. Otherwise it looks a good alternative to Skype in the long run.

Edit: working now. Just seemed to be an issue on my laptop.
    Last edited by yzf.shaun; 06-15-11 at 07:23 AM.
    06-15-11 06:53 AM
    @tstrike thanks man. glad to hear u like it.

current limit is 5 persons/room. on the pc, u can join multiple rooms via the browser tabs/sessions. on mobile devices, u can't run multiple instances of the app, so u can only do 1 room. the 5 persons limit is due to current GUI design, which can change to accommodate more people in the future.

u can't reserve a room without being signed on. for now, to guarantee ur room is always there, u'd probably want to run ur own private server. but it wouldn't be too hard to change the server to have a reserving mechanism.
    Read all these posts. With great interrest I might add. If this thing spreads, Skype is in trouble. Can't say I have enough knowledge of both to compare them at full level, but one option screams out by itself and Skype doesn't have it: conference video-chat. RP also seems to have a very easy and fast way to switch cameras, which isn't the case with the world most used video-chat app.

You should get a commendation from BB for this app.

My two cents
    06-26-11 09:32 AM
    Hmmmm..... I'll check this out
    06-26-11 10:58 AM
    Read all these posts. With great interrest I might add. If this thing spreads, Skype is in trouble. Can't say I have enough knowledge of both to compare them at full level, but one option screams out by itself and Skype doesn't have it: conference video-chat. RP also seems to have a very easy and fast way to switch cameras, which isn't the case with the world most used video-chat app.

You should get a commendation from BB for this app.

My two cents
    Thanks for your compliment and donation!

I wanted to make the app as easy to use as possible, so non-tech people, like my parents, can use it without a steep learning curve (installing/registering, etc).

I'm glad to see others find it useful.
    06-27-11 02:29 AM
    not sure why, but when i go to the app in app world it says, "this item is not supported by your current device profile"

i have the latest version pb software and everything.
    could it be blocked here in uae?
    06-27-11 04:54 AM
    @belseat that's probably the case.

You can download the .bar file here

Scroll to item 4. And follow the instructions on sideloading on the Playbook.
    06-27-11 07:31 AM
    @reelportal - My wife went back to work today after 1 year off for maternity leave, lets just say it has been an emotional couple of days for her.

Well at lunch I sent her a link to your website and within 2 minutes she was connected to my PB watching her little girl eat.

Nice simple little app that is very easy to use both on the PB and on the website....Thank you very much!!!
    06-27-11 12:45 PM
    I used this several times. There is a delay of around 8 seconds in video and audio but its an alternative until another app is available.
    Must say the PB to PB video chat is awesome. Unfortunately I only have one friend that has a Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    06-27-11 01:01 PM
    I used this several times. There is a delay of around 8 seconds in video and audio but its an alternative until another app is available.
    Must say the PB to PB video chat is awesome. Unfortunately I only have one friend that has a Playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
    I do not experience this kind of delay, 8 seconds is crazy long. I only experience the normal delay you would see with any video chat app including Skype which is very minimal.
    06-27-11 01:50 PM
    @A7omic you're welcome...very nice story to hear

@market58 it sounds like u r NOT streaming via P2P, and ur connection to the server is lagging badly (either because of bandwidth or distance). i'd suggest try switching to P2P, or P2P Assist mode using button 7, on both ends. but note that if P2P mode doesn't work after 10 secs, ReelPortal will revert back to client/server mode, so that u at least get some data thru, instead of nothing.

another alternative is to run ur own ReelPortal server at a location closer to u. my vision is to (eventually) have many servers available so that u can choose the right one for ur location, but currently i can only afford one (it's in East Coast USA). i also hope others will run the servers and make it available to the public.
    06-27-11 08:20 PM
    it is blocked in some countries, but using VPN to get it, or a bar file will is a workaround and it ends up working perfectly in the end.

Great app.
    06-28-11 01:26 AM
    @Siiid Thanks.

Just to let you know, ReelPortal is now on iTunes App Store for U.S. and Canada market. I will expand to other markets if the server can handle it.
    07-24-11 06:44 AM
    Top Banana! Thanks!
    07-24-11 08:26 AM
    thanks reelportal, thats great!
    07-26-11 05:24 AM
    you're welcome guys.
    Mastiff-660 likes this.
    07-29-11 12:53 AM
    you can google reelportal , its also availabe for PC
    07-29-11 09:02 AM
    I just tried to this with my iMac. Success!! Very simple but very nice!
    Mastiff-660 likes this.
    07-30-11 07:52 AM
    wow this app is amazing! just tried it with my pc and pb, works like a charm! so simple and user friendly!
    07-30-11 11:59 AM
    Awesome app, and it is pretty cool that the developer is actually responding to questions and taking time to look around Crackberry and get feedbacks! Has anyone actually seen a bigshot from RIM doing this?
    07-31-11 10:25 AM
    Thanks guys. Feedback is important to me, especially from Blackberry users .
    08-08-11 05:29 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD