I'm just blown at the new VEVO app. Total sweetness! Go get it...!

08-16-11 11:49 AM
    Agreed - just discovered it the other night and got no sleep after that, digging through videos....
    08-16-11 11:59 AM
    Me too! I had not fired up my PB for a few days. Noticed the app on the featured section. My jaw dropped for a few. A+ on the share button. Video quality is superb. I've been a follower of VEVO since they launched.
    snapperhead23 likes this.
    08-16-11 12:11 PM
    I keep seeing these types of posts and reviews. It makes me wonder, is this a media device or an "enterprise ready" business tool?

We know what RIM touted it as pre-release. What they delivered was..... somewhat less.
    08-16-11 12:14 PM
    I'm just happy with my PB. Let it be Consumer or Enterprise it sets is self aside from the other tablets. I mainly use it as a media tablet.
    08-16-11 12:53 PM
    I love this app. Now to those who are in the know; would this app have been created with AIR? I am curious as I know people on the forums keep saying the lack of the NDK release means that true "native" apps cant be created for the Playbook. Yet this app seems to work quite well for being non-native. Or am I confused about how the software is devleoped?
    08-16-11 12:56 PM
    Yes, this app was created with the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR (Native). Perfect for rich and powerful apps!
    08-16-11 01:18 PM
    Yes, this app was created with the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR (Native). Perfect for rich and powerful apps!
    Hmm, then if apps such as this can be created using the Tablet OS SDK for adobe AIR, then what benefits would then come about if the NDK thing comes out? Are there benefits or is it just a different way of coding that ultimately results in the same thing?
    08-16-11 01:29 PM
    Different type of coding for sure. I would love to help you answer all those questions, but i'm not Dev savvy.
    08-16-11 01:35 PM
    does everyone have trouble maintaining HD? I can get an HD stream after about 10 seconds of the start of the video. It will maintain for about 10 seconds and drop back to SD. After a few seconds it will jump to HD and back down to SD and continue this loop. I just ran speedtest and I got 22MB down.

Bad luck for me or does this happen to everyone?
    08-16-11 06:42 PM
    Need Vevo side load
    08-16-11 07:10 PM
    Everything looks good over here. I get SD in the first 5-10 seconds and then HD kicks and maintain through the whole video I'm playing. I'm on AT&T U-verse 12 Mbps. My PB is running the latest OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 07:10 PM
    does everyone have trouble maintaining HD? I can get an HD stream after about 10 seconds of the start of the video. It will maintain for about 10 seconds and drop back to SD. After a few seconds it will jump to HD and back down to SD and continue this loop. I just ran speedtest and I got 22MB down.

Bad luck for me or does this happen to everyone?
    Works well for me. Just watched Sheryl Crow - If it Makes you Happy, and I don't think I've ever seen more beautiful image
    08-16-11 07:12 PM
    Need Vevo side load
    There is no need to side load.

08-16-11 07:12 PM
    Great app and the videos look great and sound great on the Playbook's superior screen and speakers.
    noke60 likes this.
    08-16-11 08:10 PM
    Hmm, then if apps such as this can be created using the Tablet OS SDK for adobe AIR, then what benefits would then come about if the NDK thing comes out? Are there benefits or is it just a different way of coding that ultimately results in the same thing?
    Using AIR is basically just a different way of coding your app. I find it cumbersome, (and potentially expensive) but that's because I'm too lazy to learn it correctly. Then again I don't develop code for a living.

Ahh, to have good old BB Java SDK, with Eclipse... those were the days.
    08-16-11 08:28 PM
    There is no need to side load.

Need sideload because my country didnt support vevo
    08-17-11 04:27 AM
    I keep seeing these types of posts and reviews. It makes me wonder, is this a media device or an "enterprise ready" business tool?

We know what RIM touted it as pre-release. What they delivered was..... somewhat less.
    Wow so clever....
    08-17-11 11:34 AM
    Need sideload because my country didnt support vevo
    Gotcha....!
    08-17-11 12:03 PM
    Lately I can't open it. I get to the welcome screen, but nothing happens. I used to be able to tap the center of the screen to continue, but its not working anymore. I'm gonna try to delete/reinstall.
    08-20-11 07:07 AM
    I'm finding this to be very finicky. A lot of times it just freezes midway through a video. But when it does work, it works great. Glad to have it though, I've been waiting for this since Launch. Hopefully it will receive a lot of fixes to stabilize soon!
    redk likes this.
    08-20-11 04:05 PM
    Lately I can't open it. I get to the welcome screen, but nothing happens. I used to be able to tap the center of the screen to continue, but its not working anymore. I'm gonna try to delete/reinstall.
    Same here. Deleted and reinstalled several times and reset my pb as well. Still doesn't work. HELP!
    08-23-11 08:18 PM
    From the CB blog:

BlackBerry PlayBook Native SDK reaches closed beta; developers can apply now https://t.co/xogja3M

08-24-11 10:44 AM
    It seems after the latest update, the Vevo app is now working a lot better. I actually find it to work really well using the Bridge!
    08-25-11 09:49 PM
    I'm quite confused as to why the PB version has ads while the iPhone/iPad versions don't. It's all free.
    08-31-11 10:03 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD