I was on a business trip to Bermuda this week and naturally the Playbook was with me.
    While on the plane i decided to test out VCMS and see if it would work and how well. once we took off and we were allowed to legally use electronic devices, i fired up VCMS and got a lock almost instantly.

now, after a while i did loose the signal. either i was going too fast, or sitting in the aisle row was the problem.
    take a look at the screenshot below.

Has anyone gone faster yet?
    Dr.Deebs, KRol, aminrajabi and 1 others like this.
    11-19-11 02:59 PM
    That is too cool. Were the screenshot taken during takeoff or at cruising altitude?
    11-19-11 09:47 PM
    I'm not sure if you are supposed to use GPS on a plane

Pretty cool though.
    11-19-11 09:59 PM
    they were taken just before we leveled out.
    i dont think there is a problem using a gps enabled device on a plane.

they said we could use our electronic devices.....
    11-20-11 01:31 PM
    thats really cool, amazing app.
    11-20-11 01:55 PM
    I was on a business trip to Bermuda this week and naturally the Playbook was with me.
    While on the plane i decided to test out VCMS and see if it would work and how well. once we took off and we were allowed to legally use electronic devices, i fired up VCMS and got a lock almost instantly.

now, after a while i did loose the signal. either i was going too fast, or sitting in the aisle row was the problem.
    take a look at the screenshot below.

Has anyone gone faster yet?
    Hey.. .great post!!!!! thank you!
    01-10-12 09:56 AM
    VCMS is a great app, I use it for driving.

When I fly I have to put the playbook, or phone, in airplane mode...I presume you 'didn't'

You should get info about the cruising speed of the plane you were on and compare it to your playbook value
    01-10-12 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD